May 7, 2020
Dr. S. Radha – Vice Principal
Dr. S. Radha, Professor &Head, Department of ECE, has 28 years of teaching and 20 years of research experience in the area of Wireless Networks. She has graduated from Madurai Kamraj University, in Electronics and Communication Engineering during the year 1989. She has obtained her Master degree in Applied Electronics with First Rank from Government College of Technology, Coimbatore and PhD degree from College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, and Chennai. She also worked as a visiting researcher at Carnegie Mellon University for a period of six month with Prof. Raj Rajkumar in the area of Wireless Sensor Networks. She is also a Head, CoE in Smart Technology Group.
She has 149 publications in International and National Journals, 1 book, 6 book chapters and 92 papers in International and National conferences in the area of Mobile Ad hoc Network and Wireless Sensor Networks.
PhD Graduated & Current PhD
19 scholars are graduated their Ph.D. under her guidance and presently 8 research scholars, 1 Research Associate, are doing research in the area of Wireless Sensor networks, energy harvesting devices, IoT and cognitive radios.
She has received IETE – S K Mitra Memorial Award in October 2006 from IETE Council of INDIA, DST ITS travel grant, Best paper awards in various conferences, CTS – SSN Best Faculty Award – 2007 & 2009 for the outstanding performance for the academic years 2006-07 & 2008-09 from SSN Trust and IEEE MAS Best Researcher Award 2021 from IEEE Madras section.
She served as NBA accreditation expert member, New Delhi during the year 2013 and 2015 and serving as an expert member for DST SSTP, New Delhi since 2017. She is a member of IEEE, Fellow of IETE, and Life member of ISTE. She was execom member of IEEE Madras Section, currently she is a Secretary IEEE COMSOC Madras Chapter.
Major Conference Organized
She is one of the founding members of Wireless communications, Signal processing and Networking (WiSPNET) international conference. She was the Conference chair of 2016, 2017, 2018, & 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
IEEE technically sponsored WiSPNET. She was also the conference chair of ICWCSC 2010.
Funded Research Projects
External Funded Projects
|1||Title||:||Integrated two-stage hybrid grapheme–Hydrogel biochar based electrochemical technology for recovery of water & real-time monitoring of electroplating effluent|
|Sanctioned Amount||:||Rs. 81 lakh
(35 Lakh for SSN)
|2||Title||:||Development of Ultrasonic Sensors for Monitoring Heavy Mineral Accumulation in the Littoral Zone of Mahabalipuram Coast|
|Sanctioned Amount||:||Rs.4.8 Lakh|
|3||Title||:||Development of Cost Effective Wearable Semi-Automatic Insulin Delivery Smart Micro System|
|Organization||:||DST – BDTD|
|Sanctioned Amount||:||Rs.35 Lakh|
|4||Title||:||Development of an Efficient IOT Enabled Plant Disease Pest Detection System|
|Sanctioned Amount||:||Rs.63 Lakh|
|5||Title||:||Omni-Directional to Directional Pattern Switching Patch Antenna for Wireless Sensor Nodes at Reactor Containment Building|
|Sanctioned Amount||:||Rs.25 Lakh|
|6||Title||:||Establishment of Antenna & Microwave Testing Facility laboratory|
|Sanctioned Amount||:||Rs.8.75 Lakh|
|7||Title||:||To strengthen research facility in all Science Department of the College|
|Sanctioned Amount||:||Rs.50 Lakh|
|8||Title||:||Design and Hardware implementation of a programmable filter to improve the signal to noise ratio due to wind driven ambient noise in shallow water|
|Sanctioned Amount||:||Rs.20.64 Lakh|
|9||Title||:||Design and Development of Wireless Sensor Nodes|
|Sanctioned Amount||:||Rs.28.58 Lakh|
|SSN Trust Funded Projects|
|10||Title||Design and Development of PDMS based Microfluidic Sensing Devices for Cholestrol and CTC Detection|
|Sanctioned Amount||1.8 Lakh|
|11||Title||Electromagnetic Infrared Energy Harvester on Flexible Substrate|
|Sanctioned Amount||2.13 Lakh|
|12||Title||Real time performance analysis using RF wireless signals for cognitive radio applications|
|13||Title||Fabrication and Characterization of Bistable MEMS switch|
|Sanctioned Amount||5.5 Lakh|
|14||Title||Design of MEMS based Vibration Energy Harvester|
|Sanctioned Amount||1.5 Lakh|
|15||Title||Energy and bandwidth efficient pixel processing algorithm for image transmission over wireless sensor network using compressive sampling|
|Sanctioned Amount||7.5 Lakh|
- Abanah Shirley J, Esther Florence Sundarsingh, B. S. Sreeja, and Radha Shankararajan, “Performance Analysis of Wearable Pressure Sensor Based on Structural Properties of Zinc Oxide Nanostructures Grown on Fabric”, IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, Vol. 20, 2021, pp.837 – 845.
- Kiruthika Ramany, Radha Shankararajan, Kirubaveni Savarimuthu, Shyamala Venkatachalapathi, Iyappan Gunasekaran, Govindaraj Rajamanickam and Ramasamy Perumalsamy, “Experimental investigation of performance tailoring of the multifunctional sensor using transition metal (Fe) doped ZnO nanorods synthesized via a facile solution-based method”, Nanotechnology 33 (2022) 035713, October 2021, pp.1-14.
- A Elakkiya, S Radha, B S Sreeja and E Manikandan, “An Ultrathin Microwave Metamaterial Absorber for C, X, and Ku Band Application”, Journal of Electronic Materials, October 2021, pp.1-8.
- Santi C. Pavone, Kesav Ravichandran, Palaniappan Senthilnathan , Balaji Prasanna K , Loreto Di Donato, Ottavio Crisafulli, Radha S, Prabagarane Nagaradjane , Gino Sorbello, “Comparative analysis of machine learning and physics-based optimizations of a dual circularly polarized antenna for V2X applications”, International Journal of Electronics and Communications, October 2021, pp.1-7.
- Melvin Chamakalayil Jose , Radha Sankararajan, Balakrishnapillai Suseela Sreeja , Mohammed Gulam Nabi Alsath and Pratap Kumar, “Compact dual-band millimeter-wave antenna for 5G WLAN”, International Journal of Microwave and Wireless, Technologies, August 2021, pp.1-8.
- J. Florence Gnana Poovathy, Radha Sankararajan, “Split–Process–Merge Technique‑Based Algorithm for Accelerated Recovery of Compressively Sensed Images and Videos”, Wireless Personal Communications, 2021, Vol.118, pp.93–108.
- R. Kiruthika, S. Radha, S. Kirubaveni, V. Shyamala, S. Gayathri, M. Devipriya, Mr. G. Iyappan, “Experimental verification of mixed metal oxide-based sensor for multiple sensing application”, June 2021, Materials Letters, Elsevier, vol. 301, pp. 1-4,
- Ms. P. Devisowjanya, Ms. Yarasi Tusharika, M. Gulam Nabi Alsath, S. Kirubaveni, K. Malathi, S. Radha, Santosh Narendhiran, P. Balaji Bhargav, “A Novel Optically Transparent UWB Antenna for Automotive MIMO Communications” in IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 69, pp. 1-8, January 2021. (Clarivate Analytics, IF: 4.371)
- Durai Kanchana , Sankararajan Radha, Balakrishnapillai Suseela Sreeja and Esakkimuthu Manikandan, “A miniaturized flexible frequency selective surface for dual band response”, International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, November 2020, pp.1-7.
- Ms. R. Kiruthika, S. Radha, S. Kirubaveni, Mr. G. Iyappan, R. Govindaraj, Mr. R. Santhosh, P. Ramasamy, “Experimental Analysis of Transition Metal (Ni-V) Codoped ZnO Nanorods for Piezoelectric Accelerometer Application” in IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, vol. 19, pp.728-735, October 2020.
- K.A. Karthikeyan E. Manikandan, S Radha, “Performance analysis of Terahertz planar antenna on Low-K polymer substrates” in Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, vol. 22, no. 5-6, p. 244 – 250, May-June 2020.
- S. Aasha Nandhini, S Radha, P. Nirmala, R. Kishore, “ Compressive sensing for images using a variant of Toeplitz matrix for wireless sensor networks”, Journal of Real-Time Image Processing, Volume 16, Issue 5, October 2019, pp 1525–1540.
- A. Elakkiya, Radha S, Manikandan E, Sreeja B S, “Design of Five-band Polarization –insensitive Terahertz Metamaterial Absorber”, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advance Materials, Vol. 21, No. 7-8, July – August 2019, pp. 450 – 454.
- S. Aasha Nandhini, R. Hemalatha, S Radha, K. Indumathi, “Web Enabled Plant Disease Detection System for Agricultural Applications Using WMSN”, Wireless Personal Communication, September 2018, Volume 102, Issue 2, pp 725–740.
- S. Kirubaveni, S. Radha, R. Govindaraj, Mr. Santhosh N, “Comparative Study on Flexible ZnO Based Nano-Generator Using Schottky and p-n junction Contact for Energy Harvesting Applications”, Journal of Nanoscale, July 2018.
- Sudha M, Radha S, Kirubaveni S, Kiruthika R, Govindaraj R, Santhosh N, Ramasamy P, “Effect of Precursor Concentration on Structural, Morphological and Optical Properties of ZnO Thin Filmed Sensor for Ethanol Detection”, IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, Vol.17, Issue No.1, Jan 2018, pp.169 – 176.
- Kirubaveni S, Govindaraj, S Radha, Ramasamy P, “Experimental study on flexible ZnO based nano-generator using Schottky contact for energy harvesting applications”, IEEE Transaction on NanoTechnology, Vol. 16, No. 3, May 2017, pp. 469 – 476.
- M. Sudha, S. Radha, S. Kirubaveni, R. Kiruthika, R. Govindaraj, N. Santhosh, “Experimental study on structural, optoelectronic and room temperature sensing performance of nickel doped ZnO based ethanol sensors”, Solid State Sciences, Feb 2018, Vol.78, pp.30-39.
- Florence Gnanpoopathy, S Radha, “Efficient reconstruction of compressively sensed images and videos using non-iterative method”, Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. No. 73, March 2017, pp. 89 -97.
- Kishore.R, Radha S, and Ramasamy P, “A Secure Key Predistribution Scheme for WSN using Elliptic Curve Cryptography”, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute – ETRI Journal. Vol.33, No.5, October 2011, pp. 791 – 801.
- S.Radha, S.Shanmugavel “Multicasting in Ad hoc Networks Using Node Transition Probability based Routing Protocol”, IETE Journal of Research, May-June 2004.