The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) was established in the year 1996 along with the inception of the college. The primary objective of this department is to provide a high quality computer science education to students from all over India as well as abroad and across all economic strata. The department offers an undergraduate degree program B.E(CSE) and a postgraduate degree program M.E(CSE). In 2006, the department was recognized as a Centre for Research, by Anna University to offer a Ph.D. program.
The undergraduate program B.E (CSE) has been accredited by NBA in 2015 for five years, for the third time. The postgraduate program M.E (CSE) has been accredited by NBA in 2016 for five years for the second time. The department has state-of-the-art laboratory facilities, Wi-Fi enabled class rooms with laptops and overhead projectors to facilitate e-Learning, a well-equipped seminar hall and a well-stocked department library.
- The department has thirty four dedicated and highly qualified faculty members who inculcate to students both theoretical knowledge and practical skills in a balanced manner.
- The department uses the Moodle Learning Management System (LMS) which hosts individual course pages comprising the syllabus, lesson plan, lecture notes and reading materials. The pedagogy used is primarily learner-centric.
- The department organizes guest lectures periodically from eminent faculty members of reputed academic institutes or experienced professionals from various top-notch industries.
- The department organizes several workshops on emerging technologies for the benefit of students to supplement their curriculum. This facilitates our students to enrich their knowledge and also be up-to-date on current industry trends.
- The department has active student chapters of professional societies such as ACM, CSI and IEEE as well as a CodeChef campus chapter which regularly conduct coding competitions and sessions on open source software development.
- The department periodically organizes various Short Term Training Programs (STTP), Faculty Development Programs (FDP) and National Seminars sponsored by AICTE, Anna University and ACM Education Committee.
- The department has organized four international conferences and three national conferences.