May 4, 2020
Dr. L. Poovazhagan – Associate Professor
|Qualification||B.E.Mech (1997), M.E. Manufacturing (2004), Ph.D. Mechanical (2014)|
|Institute of Ph.D.||Anna University, Chennai|
|Experience in SSN||Since September 2013, teaching Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Manufacturing Technology I, Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Polymers and Composite Materials, Sustainable Manufacturing Systems, Process Planning|
|Experience prior to SSN||13 Years in academics, Total Experience: 21 Years|
|Institutions worked previously||
|Research Interests||Nanocomposite Materials, Casting, Micromachining|
|Research Supervision till date||Completed 0 Ph.D ; Ongoing 08 Ph.D|
|Research Output in SSN||32 publications in journals ; 15 presentations in Conferences|
|Research output prior to SSN||03 publications in Journals; 05 presentations in conferences|
|Funded Projects||01 from DST/SERB, 01 from SSN Trust|
|Professional Activity||Published 1 Book and 4 Book Chapters|
|Professional recognition||Delivered key note lectures in AICTE sponsored Faculty Development Programs. Invited as a resource person, chief guest and judge for various academic events organized by other colleges.|
|Administrative Activity||Department CAT coordinator (PG)
Budget Utilization and Progress
Class committee Chair
Department ISO coordinator (PG)
Syllabus Team (PG Mfg)Organized 02 International conference, 03 National conferences and 13 Workshops
|As a Person||Deeply interested in listening to Tamil Melody Songs, Like to play and watch cricket, Like to travel|
Funded Projects List
|S.No.||Title||Funding Agency||Project period||Value Rs.Lakhs|
|1||Hybrid casting approach for manufacturing Magnesium nanocomposites||DST/SERB/CRG||2019-2022 (Ongoing)||25 Lakhs|
|2||Ultrasonication assisted casting of magnesium nanocomposites||SSN Trust||2017-2019 (Completed)||2.5 Lakhs|
Books / Book Chapters list
- Dr L. Poovazhagan, Published the following book chapters:Microstructure and Abrasive Wear Behavior of Copper–Boron Carbide Nanocomposites, Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering Springer (2019), https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-1780-4_6.
Microstructure Evolution and Mechanical Properties of Al 1050/Al 5083 Laminate Composites Produced by Accumulative Roll Bonding Process, Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering Springer (2019), https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-1780-4_4.Wire Electrical Discharge Machining Integrity Studies on the Aluminium Nanocomposite, Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering Springer (2019), https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-1724-8_50.Influence of Tool Electrodes on Machinability of Stainless Steel 420 Using Electrochemical Micromachining Process, Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering Springer (2019), https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-1724-8_43.
- L.Poovazhagan is one of the editor of the Proceedings of One day “National conference on processing and characterization of advanced engineering materials (NCPCAEM 2016)”, Conference Proceedings – ISBN 978-93-5265-662-2, Published by Department of Mechanical Engineering, SSN College of Engineering, Chennai.
List of Top five Publications
- Sarangapani Palani, Poovazhagan Lakshmanan, and Rajkumar Kaliyamurthy, Experimental investigations of electrochemical micromachining of nickel aluminum bronze alloy, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, (35-16), 1860-1869, 2020, Taylor and Francis, Impact Factor 3.7.
- C Gopinath, Poovazhagan Lakshmanan, S C Amith, Production of micro-holes on duplex stainless steel 2205 by electrochemical micromachining: A Grey-RSM Approach, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering – Springer, 46, 2769-2782, 2021, Springer, Impact Factor 1.7.
- Gowtham Kumarasamy, Poovazhagan Lakshmanan, Geethapriyan Thangamani, Electrochemical Micromachining of Hastelloy C276 by Different Electrolyte Solutions, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering – Springer, 46, 2243-2259, 2021, Springer, Impact Factor 1.7.
- Kaliyan Mathiyazhagan , Somak Sengupta , L Poovazhagan, A decision making trial and evaluation laboratory approach to analyse the challenges to environmentally sustainable manufacturing in Indian automobile industry, Sustainable Production and Consumption, (16), 58–67, 2018, Elsevier, Impact Factor 3.66.
- Poovazhagan Lakshmanan, Abrasive wear behavior of aluminum hybrid nanocomposites produced by ultrasonic assisted casting method, International journal of automotive and mechanical engineering, (14-3), 4561-4573, 2017, UMP publisher, Impact Factor 1.34.