May 4, 2020
Dr. K. Jayakumar – Associate Professor
|Qualification||B.E.Mech (2002), M.E. Manufacturing Engg. (2004), Ph.D.(2014)|
|Institute of Ph.D.||National Institute of Technology, Calicut, Kerala.|
|Experience in SSN||Since June 2014, Teaching Manufacturing Technology-II, Metrology and Measurements, Engineering Graphics and Unconventional machining processes.|
|Experience prior to SSN||Anna University, Trichy (Formerly SET/BIT), July 2004-July 2005.
L. N College of Engineering, Madurai, August 2005-May 2006.
SASTRA University, Thanjavur, June 2006-July 2007.
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), ISRO, Thiruvananthapuram, June 2009-May 2014.
|Institutions worked previously||Anna University, Trichy (Formerly SET/BIT),
K. L. N College of Engineering, Madurai,
SASTRA University, Thanjavur,
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), ISRO, Thiruvananthapuram.
|Research Interests||Machining studies on composites and advanced materials, Materials characterization, Welding, Design of experiments and Optimization techniques.|
|Research Supervision till date||Completed: 3 PhD scholars ; Ongoing – 6 PhD scholars.|
|Research Output in SSN||41 publications in Journals; 15 presentations in Conferences|
|Research output prior to SSN||6 publications in Journals; 10 presentations in Conferences|
|Funded Projects||1 Internally funded project from SSN Trust.|
|Professional Activity||Life Member in Institution of Engineers,
Life Member in Indian Society for Technical Education,
Life Member in Indian Welding Society,
Published one book on Machining of Metal Matrix Composite
|Professional recognition||Won the Best paper award for the paper titled “Experimental studies on Drilling of 410 stainless steel” in International Conference on Emerging Trends in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering” (IMME-17) at NIT, Trichy on 10-12th March 2017.|
|Administrative Activity||Convener for National Conferences-MERS-2020, MERS-2019, MERS-2017, NCPCAEM-2016. Organized 6 workshops.
Co Convener for internationals Conference: ICEMMM – 2018,
Department UT exam cell coordinator,
PhD Scholars Coordinator,
Member of Knowledge Management Centre,
Member of Dept Quality Assurance Committee.
|As a Person||Interested in watching news, listening to songs, etc.|
Funded Projects List
|S.No.||Title||Funding Agency||Project period||Value Rs.Lakhs|
|1||Non destructive testing of machined, welded and formed structures using ultrasonic testing method.||SSN Trust||2018-2020||2.75|
Books / Book Chapters list
K. Jayakumar, Manufacturing and Machining of A356 alloy – SiC Metal Matrix Composite, June, 2018, Lambert Academic Publishing, ISBN 978-6139883875.
- K. Jayakumar, WEDM Studies on TiB2-15% SiC Ceramic Composite Processed Through SPS Process, 2020, Chapter 60. Lecture Notes on Multidisciplinary Industrial Engineering. Springer, Singapore, pp. 715–723. doi.org/10.1007/978-981-32-9471-4_60. ISBN (Print): 978-981-32-9470-7, ISBN (Online): 978-981-32-9471-4.
List of Top five Publications
- K.Jayakumar, Jose Mathew, M.A. Joseph., An investigation of cutting force and tool-work interface temperature in milling of Al-SiCp Metal Matrix Composite. Proc IMechE Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 227, 362-374, 2013, SAGE Publications.
- K.Jayakumar, Jose Mathew, MA Joseph, R Suresh Kumar, AK Shukla, MG Samuel., Synthesis and Characterization of A356-Sicp Composite Produced through Vacuum Hot Pressing. Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 28, 991-998, 2013, Taylor & Francis.
- Balamurugan, K.Jayakumar, K. Subbaiah., Influence of Friction Stir Welding Parameters on Dissimilar Joints AA6061‑T6 and AA5052‑H32. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, doi.org/10.1007/s13369-021-05773-7, 2021, Springer.
- Suresh, K.Jayakumar, G. Selvakumar, S. Ram Prakash., Comparative Machining characteristics studies on SS 304 using coated and uncoated brass wire through Wire EDM. La Metallurgia Italiana, 2021, Assoc Italiana Metallurgia.
- Senthur Vaishnavan, K.Jayakumar, Tungsten inert gas welding of two aluminum alloys using filler rods containing scandium: the role of process parameters. Materials and Manufacturing Processes, doi.org/10.1080/10426914.2021.1948055, 2021, Taylor & Francis.