May 4, 2020
Dr. R. Damodaram – Associate Professor
|Qualification||B. Tech Mech (2007), M.E. Manufacturing(2009), Ph.D.(2014)|
|Institute of Ph.D.||Indian Institute of Technology, Madras|
|Experience in SSN||Since June 2014, teaching Metallurgy , Manufacturing Processes and Engineering Graphics.|
|Experience prior to SSN||Nil|
|Research Interests||Materials Joining, Additive Manufacturing and Materials Characterization and testing|
|Research Supervision till date||Ongoing 5 Ph.D|
|Research Output in SSN||8 Journal publication, 8 Presentations in Conference|
|Research output prior to SSN||5 publications in Journals; 8 Presentations in conferences|
|Funded Projects||1 from DST/SERB/ECR (PI), 1 from DRDO/ARMREB (Co-PI), 1 from SSN Trust|
|Professional Activity||Collaborating with Dr. Madhu Sudhan Reddy (DMRL-Director) for Friction stir welding.
Collabrating With Dr. Prashanth, Professor,Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia, for Additive Manufacturing.
Indian Institute Welding as life time member
|Administrative Activity||Metallurgy Lab in-charge
Member of Dept Quality Assurance Committee
Graduation Day-Robing Committee member
|As a Person||Reading books and Watching movies|
Funded Projects List
|S.No.||Title||Funding Agency||Project period||Value Rs.Lakhs|
|1||Friction surfacing for repair of alloy 718 components||DST/SERB-ECR||2016-2019||27.896|
|2||Optimizing the ballistic performance of aa7075 thick plate friction stir welds||DRDO/ARMREB||2018-2021||18.786|
|3||Investigations on the stress corrosion cracking studies of friction stir processed Nickel Aluminium Bronze||SSN Trust||2014-2017||4|
List of Top five Publications
- P.T. Qin, R. Damodaram, T. Maity, W.W. Zang, C. Yang, Z. Wang, K. G. Prashanth ” Friction welding of electron beam melted Ti-6Al-4V. Materials Science and Engineering: A, (2019), 761, 138045, Elsevier, Impact factor 4.08.
- K.G. Prashanth, R. Damodaram, T. Maity, P. Wang, J. Eckert ” Friction welding of selective laser melted Ti6Al4V parts” Materials Science and Engineering: A, (2017)704,66-71, Elsevier, Impact factor 4.08.
- R. Damodaram, S. Ganesh Sundara Raman, D.V.V. Satyanarayana, G. Madhusudhan Reddy, K. Prasad Rao, Hot tensile and stress rupture behavior of friction welded alloy 718 in different pre-and post-weld heat treatment conditions. Materials Science and Engineering: A 612, (2014), 414-422, Elsevier, Impact factor 4.08.
- K.G Prashanth, R. Damodaram, S. Scudino, Z. Wang, K. Prasad Rao, J. Eckert, Friction welding of Al-12Si parts produced by selective laser melting. Materials and Design, 57 (2014), 632-637, Elsevier, Impact factor 5.77.
- R. Damodaram, S. Ganesh Sundara Raman, K. Prasad Rao, Effect of post-weld heat treatments on microstructure and mechanical properties of friction welded alloy 718 joints, Materials and Design, 53 (2014), 954-961, Elsevier, Impact factor 5.77.