April 30, 2020
Nilu R. Salim- Assistant Professor
Nilu R. Salim
Nilu R. Salim, Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering completed her B.Tech. degree in CSE with distinction from University of Kerala (2012) and M.E. degree in CSE from Annamalai University (2014). She has received University first rank in her post graduation degree from Annamalai University.
She has submitted her Ph.D. thesis at IIITDM Kancheepuram (2023). Her research interests include Biometrics, Pattern Recognition, Image Processing, Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
Areas of Research
Biometrics, Pattern Recognition, Image Processing, Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Nilu R. Salim, Srinath V., Umarani Jayaraman, Phalguni Gupta, “Recognition in the Near-Infrared Spectrum for Face, Gender and Facial Expressions”, Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol. 81, pp. 4143–4162, 2022.
- Nilu R. Salim, et. al., “A Light Convolutional Neural Network Architecture for Cross-Spectral Face Recognition”, International Conference on Computer, Electronics and Electrical Engineering and Their Applications, 2023, NIT Uttarakhand, India.
- Nilu R. Salim, Maram Yasolakshmi, Umarani Jayaraman, “Masked Face Detection for Effective COVID-19 Containment: A Light Convolution Neural Network-based Model”, 9th International Conference on Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence (PReMI’21), ISI Kolkata, India.
- Nilu R. Salim, Sankaranarayan N, Umarani Jayaraman, “Gender Classification beyond Visible Spectrum using Shallow Convolution Neural Network”, IEEE Madras Section International Conference (MASCON 2021), Chennai, India.
- Nilu R. Salim, Umarani Jayaraman, Srinath V., “Face Recognition in the Dark: A Unified Approach for NIR- VIS and VIS- NIR Face Matching”, In Ph.D. track , 4th IEEE Conference on Information and Communication Technology, IIITDM Kancheepuram, Chennai, India, Dec 2020.
Google Scholar : https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=T_-MsC0AAAAJ&hl=en