May 5, 2020
Dr. S.V. Sivapriya – Associate Professor
Dr. Sivapriya S.V hails from Thoothukudi (Tuticorin), India. To pursue her higher education she came to Chennai in 2001 and joined SRM – Engineering College for her Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. She further joined the College of Engineering, Anna University to get her Master’s degree in Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering in 2007. Then after she worked for a period one year in Industry as a Geotechnical Engineer. During her career as Geotechnical Engineer, she was involved in projects for Sothern Railway – MRTS, ETS, and many projects regarding soil investigations. She obtained her Doctoral degree from IIT – Madras in 2013 under the guidance of Prof.S.R.Gandhi. During her stay in IIT Madras, she was also involved in various consultancy work for Kandla Port – Gujarat, Vallarpadam Container Terminal – Kerala, Parangipettai – Tamil Nadu and Prestige Polygon, Chennai. Upon joining in SSN College of Engineering she is involved in consultancy projects with Southern Railway and Caterpillar – India. She took the position of adaptor for the book “Geotechnical Engineering: Principles & Practices: International Edition, 2/E by Pearson Publication”. She has delivered lectures to various Institutions like S.A Engineering Colleg, Jeppiar Engineering College, Sri Venkateswara Engineering College and Rajalakshmi Engineering College in various topics. She has also reviewed journals like Iranian Journal of Science and Technology- Transaction of Civil Engineering, KSCE, International Journal of Housing Analysis and Marketing and Advances in Civil Engineering, Hindawi. She is also a Scrutiny Board Members of the Board of Civil Engineering, Jerusalem College of Engineering for the year 2019- 2020. She plays the role, Doctoral member, for two candidates from SRM Institute of Science and Technology and two from Vels University. She actively involves herself in organising Workshops, Conference and Symposium.
Doctorate Philosophy in Civil Engineering: Indian Institute of Technology – Madras
Master in Engineering: Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, CEG Campus, Anna University
Bachelor of Engineering: SRM Engineering College, Affiliated to Anna University (then)
Seven years of teaching experience and one year in Industry.
- Associate Professor, SSN College of Engineering, Chennai, India, 2013 – Till Date.
- Geotechnical Engineer, Josmar Consulting Engineers, Chennai, 2007- 2008.
- Chartered Engineer with Institution of Engineers India (C.Eng)
- Member of Institution of Engineers India (MIE)
- Life member, Indian Geotechnical Society (MIGS) – Parent Body
- Life member, Indian Geotechnical Society (MIGS) – Chennai Chapter
Awards and Recognition:
- Best paper award for “Experimental and Numerical Study on Pile Behaviour Under Lateral Load in Clayey Slope” IGS – AIMIL Biennial Award – 2014.
- Best Faculty Award from SSN College of Engineering.
- Soil Mechanics, Foundation Engineering, Ground Improvement, Surveying, Engineering Geology, Engineering Graphics and Basic Civil and Mechanical Engineering
- Deep Foundation
- Slope Stability
- Soil Stabilization
- Solid Wastes in Soil Engineering
- Geo-Environmental Engineering
|Sl.No||Project Title||Position||Agency||Amount Sanctioned||Status|
|1||Effect of eccentricity in laterally loaded pile group in a sloping ground||Principle Investigator||SSN Trust||2.65lakhs||Completed|
|2||Prediction of shallow type landslide influenced by rainfall using ANN||Principle Investigator||SSN Trust||2.12lakhs||Ongoing|
Anna University Recognised Supervisor (Reference No.: 2910003)
- Slope Stability Analysis for Railway Embankment in Milavittan To Melmarudur, Thoothukudi.
- Optimized Surface Preparation for Building Construction for Caterpillar India.
- Sivapriya, S.V and M.Muttharam (2018),” Behaviour of Cyclic Laterally Loaded Pile Group in Soft Clay”, Indian Geotechnical Journal, Springer.
- Sivapriya S.V (2018), “Stress- strain and penetration characteristics of modified clay with crumb rubber”, Revista Facultad de Ingenoeria, 27(49), pp.65-75.
- Sivapriya S.V , P.Sangeetha , Bala Subramanian P, Dharanedharan KS, Srinivasan V (2018), “Effective reuse of marble dust powder in cement mortar”, Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences, 9(5), 584-592.
- Sivapriya S.V and Rahul Ramanathan (2019) “ Load – displacement behaviour of a pile on a sloping ground for various l/d ratios”, Slovak Journal of Civil Engineering, 51(1), 1-6.
- Sivapriya S.V and Ganeshkumar S (2019),”Functional and cost- benefits of geosynthetics as subgrade reinforcement in the design of flexible pavement ” Revista Facultad de Ingenoeria, 28(51), pp.39-49.
- Sivapriya S.V and Gandhi S.R, (2020)Soil–Structure Interaction of Pile in a Sloping Ground Under Different Loading Conditions, Geotechnical and Geological Engineering,38(2), 1185-1194.
- Gokul Krishna J, Roshan R and Sivapriya S.V (2019), “Understanding sustainable strategies in low-cost housing”, International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis, 13(3), pp. 413-425. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJHMA-05-2019-0050.
- Jijo James, Sivapriya S.V, Hemavathi S, Jayasri A, Sathya P, Murali P, (2019),”A Comparative Laboratory Investigation Into The Role Of Geosynthetics In The Initial Swell Control Of An Expansive Soil”, Civil And Environmental Engineering Reports, 29 (4): 018-040.
- Sivapriya, S.V, Balamurukan, Jai VigneshwaR, A, Prathibhadevi, N, Shrinidhi, A (2019)”Effect Of Eccentricity In Sandy Slope Of Laterally Loaded Single Pile” Civil and Environmental Engineering, 15(2),92-100.
- Sivapriya S.V. Srinath Rajagopalan, Duraimurugan A Rakesh S Ravikumar P Suryaprakash S (2020), “Physio-chemical properties of contaminated soil under the influence of industrial and municipal wastewater” in International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, DoI.JEST-D-19-02077R1.
- Sivapriya S V, Sudharasan C, Suraj R, Abinaya K ,(2020),”A Preliminary comparative study of seepage behaviour behind retaining walls with crumb rubber and geocomposite” in Civil and Environmental Engineering Reports – WoS, 30(1): 171-184 DOI: 10.2478/ceer-2020-0013.
- Jai Vigneshwar A, Shrinidhi A, Prathibha Devi N, Bala Subramanian P, KVaishnavi and Sivapriya S.V (2018), “Parametric study of soil-structure interaction properties of pile subjected to lateral load” Advances in Civil Engineering, SSNCE, Chennai.
- Sivapriya S.V, R.Sundaravadivelu and S.R.Gandhi (2018), “Design of piles for a berthing structure on Artificial Slope”, 4th International Conference in Ocean Engineering, IITM, Chennai.
- Sivapriya S.V and Jijo James (2018), ” Numerical study on static behaviour of a stone column under uniformly distributed load” International Conference on Mathematical Methods, Modeling and Simulation in Chemical Sciences, SSNCE, Chennai.
- Sivapriya S.V (2019),” Compaction characteristics of modified clay soils with various proportions of crumb rubber” ,International conference on Suistanable pratices and Innovations in Civil Engineering, SSNCE,Chennai.
- J Gokul Krishna, Roshan R, Vinothni S N and Sivapriya S.V (2019),” Glass Fibre Reinforced Gypsum(GFRG) as an Emerging Technology” ,International conference on Suistanable pratices and Innovations in Civil Engineering, SSNCE,Chennai.
- Mugesh A, Niranjan J, Gunalan S and Sivapriya S.V(2019)” Immediate load- penetration behaviour of sand piles with sustainable material” ” ,International conference on Suistanable pratices and Innovations in Civil Engineering, SSNCE,Chennai.
- Manjula R and Sivapriya S.V (2019),” Installation of sand compaction pile and it’s advantgaes” ” ,International conference on Suistanable pratices and Innovations in Civil Engineering, SSNCE,Chennai.
- Sivapriya S.V, Srinath Rajagopalan, Duraimurugan A, Rakesh S, Ravikumar P and Suryaprakash S (2019), “physio-chemical properties of contaminated soil under the influence of industrial and municipal wastewater”, 1st International conference on recent trends in clean technologies for sustainable environment – ctse 2019.
- Sivapriya S.V and Ganeshkumar. S (2019)’ Static and Post-Static Modulus Of Laterally Loaded Flexible Pile” International Conference on Mathematical Analysis and Computing, SSNCE, Chennai.
- Sivapria S.V and Charumathy.N(2018),” Effect of crumb rubber on inorganic and high compressible clay”, Advances in Materials and Metallurgy- Lecturer notes in Mechanical Engineering, Springer, 67-73.
- Sivapriya S.V, R.Sundaravadivelu and S.R.Gandhi (2018), “Design of piles for a berthing structure on Artificial Slope”, Proceedings of 4th International Conference in Ocean Engineering, Lecture notes in Civil Engineering, Springer, pp. 855-866.