May 5, 2020
Dr. R. Vijayalakshmi – Associate Professor
Dr. R. Vijayalakshmi, Associate Professor in the department of Civil engineering, completed her B.E (Civil) from Thiagarajar college of Engineering, Madurai, Tamilnadu and M.E (Structural Engineering) from Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi, Tamilnadu. She has obtained her Ph.D from Indian Institute of Technology-Madras. She has done research work in Ocean Engineering specialised in offshore structure and non-ship shaped Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel. She is an Anna University authorized research supervisor and has nine years of teaching experienced. published fifteen international journals and five international conference papers. Her area of interest includes offshore structure, Construction Materials, Self-Compacting Concrete and steel structures. She handles courses like Engineering graphics, Engineering Mechanics, Construction Techniques Equipment and Practices, Structural Analysis, RCC design.
PhD (Ocean Structures) (IIT-Madras)
M.E. (Structural Engineering) (Mepco Schlenk Engineering College)
B.E. (Civil Engineering) (Thiagarajar College of Engineering)
- 2004-2008 – Half Time Research Assistantship (HTRA) at IIT-Madras
- June 2012 – till date, Associate Professor, Civil Engineering, SSN College of Engineering.
- Life member, Indian Concrete Institute.
Courses taught :
- 2012- present: Engineering Graphics, Engineering Mechanics, Basic Civil and Mechanical Engineering, Construction Techniques Equipment and Practices, Structural Analysis I, Mechanics of Solids.
Research Interest :
Waste utilisation, Expanded Clay Aggregate, Repair and strengthening of structural elements using natural and synthetic fibers, Self-Compacting Concrete, concrete technology, cold-formed steel sections.
- Recognised Anna University supervisor from the year 2016 (Reference No. 3110009)
Research and Consultancy:
- Study on the behaviour of Concrete Filled Circular Stub Column under Compression. SSN Faculty funded project INR 2,65,000/-.
- Vijayalakshmi, Ramalingam; Ramanagopal, Srinivasan; Compression behaviour of polypropylene fibre reinforced cellular light weight concrete masonry prism, Civil and Environmental Engineering Reports, 2020, 30(1), 145-160.
- Vijayalakshmi, R.; Analysis of helical piles with case study in medium stiff clay, Indian Journal of Science and technology, 2019, 12 (16), 1-12
- K. Durga Abishek, K. Yogesh Kumar, R. Vijayalakshmi; Road safety audit and comparison with accident case studies, Indian Journal of Science and technology, 2019, 12 (2), 10-22.
- Sathia R, Vijayalakshmi R; Effect of Keel plate on the performance of FPSO suitable for artic ice environment, Ships and Offshore Strucutres, 2019, 14 (2).
- Vijayalakshmi, R; Ramanagopal, S; Structural Concrete Using Expanded Clay Aggregate: A Review Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2018, 8, 1-10.