May 4, 2020
Dr. K. Babu – Associate Professor
|Qualification||B.E. Mech (2001), M.Tech. Advanced Manufacturing (2004), Ph.D.(2010)|
|Institute of Ph.D.||Indian Institute of Technology , Madras|
|Experience in SSN||Since Aug 2010, Teaching Engineering Graphics, Manufacturing Technology, Unconventional Machining Processes, Optimization Techniques|
|Experience prior to SSN||4 years 6 months in academics|
|Institutions worked previously||Anjalai Ammal Mahalingam Engineering College, Thiruvarur.|
|Research Interests||Heat Treatment, Inverse Heat Conduction, Nanofluids, Optimization|
|Research Supervision till date||Ongoing 5 Ph.D|
|Research Output in SSN||10 publications in journals ; 21 presentations in Conferences; 1 Patent applied|
|Research output prior to SSN||4 publications in Journals; 8 presentations in conferences|
|Funded Projects||1 from AICTE
1 from SSN (Internal Funded)
|Professional Activity||Senior Member of International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology (IACSIT), Singapore.
Presented a paper titled “Effect of Part Size on Surface Heat Flux during Immersion Quenching”, in International Conference on Key Engineering Materials, 2012, held in Singapore.
Presented a paper titled “Effect of Bath Temperature on Surface Heat Flux during Quenching in CNT Nanofluids, in 26th ASM Heat Treating Society Conference, 2011, held in Cincinnati, USA.
Presented a paper titled “Finite Element Modeling of Heat Treatment Processes of AISI 4140 Steel with Phase Transformation, in 4th International Conference on Thermal Process Modeling and Computer Simulation, 2010, held in Shanghai, China.
|Professional recognition||Best paper award for “Influence of Material Properties on Quenching Heat Transfer” AMMMT-10, SIT Tumkur.
Best Faculty Award (FIRST) for 2011-12
Best Faculty Award (FIRST) for 2016-17
|Administrative Activity||Time-Table In-charge since 2012
Co-coordinating Department Sports StudentsCommittee Member in INSTINCTS, Graduation Day, Scholarship Day and SSN Trophy.
|As a Person||Passionate in helping needy people, Love nature|
Funded Projects List
|S.No.||Title||Funding Agency||Project period||Value Rs.Lakhs|
|1||Study of Mechanical Properties and Surface Features of Steels Quenched in CNT Nanofluids||AICTE||2015-2018||9.41|
|2||Autonomous Vehicles – MEMS Based||SSN Trust||2012-2013||5.00|
List of Top five Publications
- Karnam Dileep and K. Babu, Evaluation of cutting forces and temperature during turning of AISI 4140 steel using MQL with CNT nanofluid, International Journal of Mechanical and Production Research and Development, 8 (8), Aug-2018, 238-243. (Scopus, Impact Factor 0.19)
- K. Babu and R. Arularasan, Quenching performance of low carbon steels in graphene nanofluids, International Journal of Mechanical and Production Research and Development, 8 (8), Aug-2018, 408-413. (Scopus, Impact Factor 0.19)
- K. Babu, R. Arularasan and S. Srinath Ramkumar, “Quenching performance of AISI 1010 in CNT nanofluids”, Materials Today: Proceedings, 2017, pp 11044-11049 (Scopus, Impact Factor 0.3)
- K. Babu, Comparison of PSO, AGA, SA and Memetic Algorithms for Surface Grinding Optimization, International Conference on Mechanical Engineering Design, Applied Mechanics and Materials, 241-247, Available online since 07-Sep-2016. (Scopus, Impact Factor 0.11)
- K. Babu and T.S. Prasanna Kumar, “Comparison of Austenite Decomposition Models during Finite Element Simulation of Water Quenching and Air Cooling of AISI 4140 Steel”, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, 45B, 2014, 1530-1544. (Clarivate Analytics Impact Factor 1.95)