May 4, 2020
Dr. D. Ebenezer – Assistant Professor
|Qualification||B.E.Mech (2001), M.E.Energy (2003), Ph.D.(2022)|
|Institute of Ph.D.||Anna University, Chennai|
|Experience in SSN||Since Apr 2010, teaching Engineering Thermodynamics, Heat and mass transfer, Solar energy technologies, Advanced power plant Engineering and Basic Mechanical Engineering.|
|Experience prior to SSN||3.5 years project officer at IIT Madras|
|Institutions worked previously||Project Officer at IIT Madras|
|Research Interests||Thermal systems, Energy Conversion, Solar systems, Diffusion Bonding, Impression creep|
|Research Supervision till date|
|Research Output in SSN||14publications in journals ;16presentations in Conferences|
|Research output prior to SSN||1 publications in Journals|
|Funded Projects||2 from SSNCE|
|Professional Activity||One of the conveners of 2nd national conference on sustainable energy resources for thermal systems (SERTS 2022) on 18th of March,2022 held at Sri Siva Subramaniya Nadar college of engineering, Chennai 603110.|
|Administrative Activity||LMS in-charge,Committee Member in INSTINCTS and Graduation Day,|
|As a Person||Interested in cricket, books, stocks and human values|
Funded Projects List
|S.No.||Title||Funding Agency||Project period||Value Rs.Lakhs|
|1||Diffusion bonding of Aluminum alloy 7075 to Magnesium alloy AZ91||SSN Trust||2016-2018||6.4|
|2||Erosion corrosion of duplex stainless steel weldments||SSN Trust||2022-2025||6.5|
Shashank S, Tharun M and Ebenezer D, “Air inlet regulating device for fluid driven two stroke engines”, Indian Patent, Application No: 4646/CHE/201, Patent awarded on 30-11-2021, Patent no:383221.
List of Top five Publications
- Ebenezer, S. R. Koteswara Rao, and K. L. Harikrishna, (2022) Impression creep behavior of different zones in friction stir welded Mg–Zn–Mn wrought alloy, Journal of materials science, 2022, Vol. 57 pp. 15059–15077. Impact Factor: 4.682 (2021), DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10853-022-07522-z.
- D. Ebenezer, S.R. Koteswara Rao, K.L. Harikrishna, G. Madhusudhan Reddy, (2022) Impression creep behavior of different zones in friction stir welded ZE41 magnesium-rare earth alloy, Materials Science and Engineering A,Volume 851, Article ID 143615, pp:1-19.Impact Factor: 6.044 (2021). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2022.143615
- Ebenezer, D, S.R.KoteswaraRao, (2022) Impression Creep Behavior of an Mg–Zn–RE Alloy at Elevated Temperatures. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, Vol. 53, pp. 823–836. Impact Factor: 2.726 (2021). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11661-021-06551-8.
- D. Ebenezer, S.R Koteswara Rao, S Vijayan, R Rajeswari, (2021) High temperature impression creep behavior and microstructures of wrought ZM21 magnesium alloy, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part L: Journal of Materials: Design and Applications,vol. 236, no. 3, pp. 524-532, Impact Factor: 2.663 (2021). DOI:https://doi.org/10.1177/14644207211047699.
- D.Ebenezer, S.R.Koteswara Rao, G.Selvakumar, S.Ram Prakash, (2022) Evaluation of rupture life and Larson Miller parameter using Monkman-Grant relationship from impression creep data of magnesium alloy ZM21, materials today: proceedings, Volume 62, Part 2, 2022, Pages 583-588. Impact Factor: 0.355 (2021). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2022.03.595