May 4, 2020
Dr. B. Jayakishan – Assistant Professor
|Qualification||B. E. Mech (2004), M.S. (USA) Mech (2011), Ph.D. (Going on)|
|Institute of Ph.D.||Anna University, Chennai|
|Experience in SSN||Since Aug 2013, teaching I. C. Engines, Power Plant Engg, Automobile Engg and Fuel cells|
|Experience prior to SSN||6 years in research + 1 year in Industry|
|Institutions worked previously||University of Dayton Research Institute,
Von Ohain Fuels and Combustion Center, Dayton, OH, U.S.A.
Cummins Engines Ltd., U.S.A.
|Research Interests||Electric Vehicles, Fuel Cells, Alternate Fuels, Waste Energy Recovery, Advanced Combustion, Pollution and Emission Control|
|Research Output in SSN||5 publications in Journals; 3 presentations in Conferences|
|Research output prior to SSN||1 publication in Journals; 1 presentation in Conferences|
|Funded Projects||1 from SSN Trust|
|Professional Activity||Collaborative work with TI Cycles, Murugappa Group for a research on fuel recovery from waste paints (Paper published),
Life member of The Combustion Institute,
Professional member with the Society of Automotive Engineers.
|Administrative Activity||Faculty in Charge of SSN SAE Collegiate Club: Actively participating in National and International Events.
Faculty in Charge for Mechanical Department Assets including tagging, verification,satisfying affiliation requirements under Anna University and AICTE Norms, DQAC auditor.
|As a Person||I am an avid gamer, Interested in playing almost any sports game that involves team work, Love to hang out with friends and like to listen to music while driving.|
Funded Projects List
|S.No.||Title||Funding Agency||Project period||Value Rs.Lakhs|
|1||Composition effects of oxidised paint waste oil on
combustion and emission characteristics in a reactivity
controlled compression ignition engine
|SSN Trust||2 Years||4.1|
List of Top Publications
- Jayakishan, B, Nagarajan, G & Arun, J, ‘Co-thermal liquefaction of Prosopis juliflora biomass with paint sludge for liquid hydrocarbons production’, Bioresource technology, vol. 283, no. 1, pp. 303 – 307, 2019, Elsevier, Impact Factor 6.67
- Flora, Giacomo, Jayakishan, Balagurunathan, Saumitra, Saxena, Jeremy, P., Cain, Moshan, SP, Kahandawala, Matthew, J., DeWitt, Sukhjinder, S., Sidhu, and Edwin, Corporan, ‘Chemical ignition delay of candidate drop-in replacement jet fuels under fuel-lean conditions: A shock tube study’, Fuel, vol. 209, no.1, pp. 457 – 472, 2017, Elsevier, Impact Factor 5.13
- Balagurunathan, J., Giacomo Flora, Saumitra Saxena, Moshan Kahandawala, Matthew DeWitt, Sukh Sidhu, and Edwin Corporan. “Ignition Delay Times of a Range of Alternate Jet-Fuels and Surrogate Fuel Candidate Hydrocarbons under Fuel-Lean Conditions: A Shock Tube Study.” In 49th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition in Orlando, Florida, U.S.A., p. 696, 2011
- Jayakishan, B, Prakash, R, ‘Performance and Emission Characteristics of Al2O3-TiO2 Coated Piston DI Diesel Engine Fueled with Poultry Waste Biodiesel’, International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 585 – 591, 2018, Trans-Stellar publications, SJR 0.19
- Jayakishan, B, Prakash, R, Kumarrathinam, K, and Christopher, D, ‘Performance and Emission Evaluation of a Compression Ignition Engine Using Agitated Diesel Fuel’, Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol. 787, no.1, pp. 692 – 696, 2015, Trans Tech Publications Ltd, SJR 0.12