Dr. R. Rengaraj
Dr. R. Rengaraj B.E.,M.E. Ph.D.
Dr. R. Rengaraj, Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronics has 7 years of teaching and research experience, including 4 years of research experience in the field of Evolutionary Optimization Techniques, Parallel Computing, Evolvable Hardwares and Power System optimization.
He received his B.E (EEE) degree first class with distinction from Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, M.E. Power Systems Engineering from the Anna University Chennai and Ph.D from the Anna University Chennai.
During his Ph.D he developed various Enhancements in Serial and Parallel Evolutionary Algorithms and developed a novel approach for solving Combined Heat and Power Economic Dispatch problem in Co-generation Power Plants.
He has published over 3 research publications in refereed international journals and in proceedings of international conferences. As a Co-investigator he had completed a project funded by SSN Trust worth Rs. 11 lakhs. He is also performing consultancy work in field of electron beamed cross linked cables. He has also received TATA Rao Gold Medal from Institution of Engineers (India) for the publication of best paper in Electrical Engineering Division.
1. Title: Risk/Reliability Analysis of Complex, composite dielectric Materials
Funding Agency: SSN TRUST
Investigators: Dr.B.L.Mathur, Dr. V.Rajini and Dr. R.Rengaraj
Duration: 2006 – 2008
Amount: Rs. 11 lakhs
- P. Subbaraj, R. Rengaraj and S. Salivahanan, “Enhancement of combined heat and power economic dispatch using self adaptive real-coded genetic algorithm”,Applied Energy, Elsevier, Vol. 86, No.6, pg.no. 915-921, 2009. Impact Factor: 4.781
- P. Subbaraj, R. Rengaraj, S. Salivahanan and T.R. Senthilkumar “Parallel particle swarm optimization with modified stochastic acceleration factors for solving large scale economic dispatch problem”, International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, Elsevier, Vol. 32, No.9, pg.no.1014–1023, 2010, Impact Factor: 3.432
- P. Subbaraj, R. Rengaraj and S. Salivahanan, “Enhancement of Self-adaptive real-coded genetic algorithm using Taguchi method for Economic dispatch problem” Applied Soft Computing, Elsevier, Vol. 11, No.1, pg.no. 83–92, 2011. Impact Factor: 2.140
- K. Aarthi, S. K. Haritha and R. Rengaraj, “Optimal Tuning of PID Controller Using Real-Coded Genetic Algorithm for AVR Systems”, International Review of Automatic Control, Vol. 5 No.4, p.g.no: 469-475., 2012
- G.R. Venkatakrishnan and R.Rengaraj, “Overview of Solar Energy in India”, International Journal of Development Research, Vol.No.4, Issue 3, March 2014, p.g.no:605-608 Impact Factor:0.471.
- G.R. Venkatakrishnan and R.Rengaraj, “Overview of Wind Energy in India”, International Journal of Development Research, Vol.No.4, Issue 3, March 2014, p.g.no:609-612 Impact Factor:0.471.
- WA Augusteen, R Rengaraj, NB MuthuSelvan, “Phenotypic Evolutionary Programming for Economic Operation of Thermal—Wind Coordination”, Power Electronics and Renewable Energy Systems, Springer India, 2015, p.g.no. 1425-1436
- P. Subbaraj, R. Rengaraj and S. Salivahanan, “Self-adaptive real-coded genetic algorithm for dispatch of Co-generation Systems”, Journal of Institution of Engineers (India), Vol.90, pg.no.43-48, 2009.
- K. Aarthi, S. K. Haritha and R. Rengaraj, “Optimal Tuning of PID Controller Using Real-Coded Genetic Algorithm for AVR Systems”, International Review of Automatic Control, Vol. 5 No.4, p.g.no: 469, 2012
- M.Rajalakshmi, R.Rengaraj, “Biometric Authentication Using Near Infrared Images of Palm Dorsal Vein Patterns”, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology,Vol.2 Issue.4, 2011, p.g.no. 384-389