June 26, 2021
Dr. S. Santosh – Assistant Professor
|Qualification||B.Tech. Mechanical (2013), M.E. Manufacturing (2015), Ph.D.(2020)|
|Institute of Ph.D.||Indian Institute of Technology Madras|
|Experience in SSN||Since June 2021, teaching Design for Manufacturing, Industrial Practices|
|Experience prior to SSN||Post-Doctoral Equivalent Fellowship (PDEF) at Indian Institute of Technology Madras from June to December 2020|
|Research Interests||Shape Memory Alloys, High Temperature Deformation Behaviour and Bio-performance of advanced materials|
|Research output prior to SSN||5 publications in Journals; 16 presentations in Conferences|
Completed a module on “Publishing ethics in Chemical and Material Sciences” offered by Researcher Academy (Elsevier).
Awarded with a Gold medal for securing the Department First Rank in M.E. (Manufacturing Engineering) at SSN college of Engineering in 2013-15 batch.
|Administrative Activity||Supporting in the following activities:
1. Workshop Management
|As a Person||Nature lover, interested in music and in acquiring new skills.|
List of Top Five Publications
- “Effect of Ternary Addition of Cobalt on Shape Memory Characteristics of Ni–Ti Alloys” S. Santosh, V. Sampath, Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals, 72 (2019) 1481– 1484. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12666-019-01604-4.
- “Influence of Cobalt on the Hot Deformation Characteristics of an NiTi Shape Memory Alloy”, S. Santosh, R. Praveen, V. Sampath, Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals, 72 (2019) 1465–1468. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12666-019-01591-6.
- “Experimental investigations on the effect of copper on the microstructure and shape memory characteristics of NiTi alloys”, S. Santosh, V. Sampath, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 912 (2020) 052009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/912/5/052009.
- “The Effect of Quenching Methods on Transformation Characteristics and Microstructure of an NiTiCu Shape Memory Alloy”, V. Sampath, R.Srinithi, S. Santosh, P. P. Sarangi, J. Sherin Fathima, Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals, 73 (2020) 1481–1488. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12666-020-01909-9.
- “Wire-EDM machinability investigation on quaternary Ni44Ti50Cu4Zr2 shape memory alloy”, C. Balasubramaniyan, K. Rajkumar and Santosh. S, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 2021. DOI: 10.1080/10426914.2021.1905833 (published online).