May 4, 2020
Dr. S. Rajkumar – Associate Professor
|Qualification||B.E. Mech (1994), M.E. Internal Combustion Engineering (2005), Ph.D. (2013)
|Institute of Ph.D.||Indian Institute of Technology , Madras|
|Experience in SSN||Since August 2013, teaching Engineering Thermodynamics, Thermal Engineering, Gas Dynamics and Jet Propulsion and Thermodynamic Analysis of Energy Systems|
|Experience prior to SSN||5 years in academics + 7 years in Industry|
|Institutions worked previously||Sri Muthukumaran Institute of Technology,
Avigna Technologies (P) Limited,
Cethar Vessels Limited
|Research Interests||Modeling of IC Engines, Alternate Fuels, Thermal Energy Storage Systems, CFD.|
|Research Supervision till date||Ongoing 7 Ph.D.|
|Research Output in SSN||17 publications in journals ; 2 presentations in conferences|
|Research output prior to SSN||2 publications in Journals; 4 presentations in conferences|
|Funded Projects||1 from SSN Trust|
|Professional Activity||2 books and 2 book chapters.
Collaborating with MMTCL on projects.
Professional Member in ISTE and SAE India.
|Professional recognition||Key note speaker for Phenomenological Modeling of IC Engines, in
“Combustion Forum”, organized by the Automotive Research Center (ARC) of VIT Vellore on 27.10.2018.
|Administrative Activity||Lab in-charge for Energy Laboratory
Coordinator for Department Unit Test and Continuous Assessment Test
|As a Person||Interested in reading books, like to write short Tamil Verses, playing carrom board.|
Funded Projects List
|S.No.||Title||Funding Agency||Project period||Value Rs.Lakhs|
|1||Modelling and experimental investigations of combustion and emission characteristics of dual fuelled low temperature compression ignition engine||SSN Trust||2019-2022||5.20|
Books / Book Chapters list
- N. Nallusamy, M. Suresh, S. Rajkumar and A.K. Lakshminarayanan, Alternative Energy Sources, Materials and Technologies, Applied Mechanics and Materials, 2015, Trans Tech Publications Ltd.
- N. Nallusamy, M. Suresh, S. Rajkumar, K.L Hark Krishna and S. Soma Sundaram, Renewable Energy Sources and technologies, American Institute of Physics Publishing 2019.
- T. Venugopal and S. Rajkumar, Effective Utilization of Alcohols along with Gasoline through Simultaneous Fuel Supply Systems in SI Engines-A Future Scope, Energy Science & Technology Vol.1: Opportunities and Challenges 2015″, 411-426, Studium Press LLC, USA.
- J. Thangaraja and S. Rajkumar, Modelling and Experimental Studies of NOx and Soot Emissions in Common Rail Direct Injection Diesel Engines, Advanced Engine Diagnostics 2018, 75-103, Springer Publications, Singapore
List of Top five Publications
- P. Tamilselvan, N. Nallusamy, S. Rajkumar., A comprehensive review on performance, combustion and emission characteristics of biodiesel fuelled diesel engines, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 2017;79:1134:1159. Elsevier, Impact Factor 10.556.
- Tamilselvan P, Zhong W, Rajkumar S, He Z, Leng X and Wang Q., A literature review of fuel effects on performance and emission characteristics of low-temperature combustion strategies, Applied Energy 2019;251:113380. Elsevier, Impact Factor 8.426.
- S. Rajkumar and J. Thangaraja. Effect of biodiesel, biodiesel binary blends, hydrogenated biodiesel and injection parameters on NOx and soot emissions in a turbocharged diesel engine, Fuel 2019;240:101–118. Elsevier, Impact Factor 5.128.
- S. Rajkumar and J. Thangaraja. Multi-zone Phenomenological Combustion Modeling of Bio-diesel fuelled Compression Ignition Engine., International Journal of Engine Research 2016;17(9): 934–956. Sage Publications, Impact Factor 2.272.
- S. Rajkumar, Shamit Bakshi and Pramod S Mehta., Modeling of Combustion and Emissions for Multiple-Injection Common Rail Direct Injection Diesel Engines, ASME Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power 2016;138:122805-1 to 13. ASME Transactions, Impact Factor 1.653.