April 28, 2020
Dr. D. Venkata Vara Prasad – Professor
| Dr. D. Venkata Vara Prasad is a Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering and has more than 26 years of teaching and research experience.He received his B.E degree from University of Mysore, M.E. from the Andhra University, Visakhapatnam and Ph.D from the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantapur. His Ph.D work is on “Chip area minimization using interconnect length optimization”. His area of research is computer Architecture, GPU Computing and Machine learning,Data Analytics.
He is a senior member of IEEE,ACM and also a Life member of CSI and ISTE. He has published a number of research papers in International and National Journals and conferences.
He has published two text books: Computer Architecture, and Microprocessors & Microcontrollers.He is a Principle Investigator for SSN-nVIDIA GPU Education/Research Center. He is a co-investigator of AICTE-RPS project titled “Designing a lightweight consensus mechanism in block chain for IoT based asset management”.
Recipient of SSN-CTS best faculty award for the year 2012. Recipient of Senior Educator and Scholar award from National Foundation for Entrepreneurship Development(NFED) in 2016.
|Areas of Research:
Computer Architecture, GPU Computing Machine learning and Data Analytics
● Venkata Vara Prasad D , Lokeswari Y Venkataramana , P. Senthil Kumar ,Prasannamedha G , Harshana. ,Jahnvi Srividya, Harrinee, Sravya Indraganti “Analysis and prediction of water quality using deep learning and auto deep learning techniques” in Science of the Total Environment (STOTEN) Jan 2022 Elseiver, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.153311.
● Lokeswari Y Venkataramana , Venkata Vara Prasad D S. Saraswathi, C. M. Mithumary, R. Karthikeyan,N. Monika “Classifcation of COVID‑19 from tuberculosis and pneumonia using deep learning techniques” in Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing Jul 2022, Springer ISSN / eISSN: 0140-0118/ 1741-0444 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11517-022-02632-x.
● Venkata Vara Prasad D , Lokeswari Y Venkataramana , Saraswati S,Sarah Mathew and Snigdha V “Bayesian approach to incremental batch learning on forest cover sensor data for multiclass classification” in Concurrent Engineering: Research and Applications,2021,Vol.29(4) 405–414.
● Venkata Vara Prasad D , P. Senthil Kumar , Lokeswari Y Venkataramana ,Prasannamedha G , Harshana. ,Jahnvi Srividya, Harrinee, Sravya Indraganti “Automating water quality analysis using ML and AutoML techniques” in Environmental Research 2021. doi: 10.1016/j.envres.202(2021).111720. ,0013-9351/@2021 Elsevier inc.
● Venkata Vara Prasad D , Srinivas Gumparthi, Lokeswari Y Venkataramana , S Srinethe, R M Sruthi Sree and K Nishanthi “Prediction of Stock Prices Using Statistical and Machine Learning Models: A Comparative Analysis” in The Computer Journal, Vol. 00 No. 00, 2021. doi:10.1093/comjnl/bxab008.
● Lokeswari Venkataramana, D.VenkataVara Prasad Shamona Gracia Jacob, and S.Saraswathi “Identification of common and dissimilar biomarkers for different cancer types from gene expression of RNA sequencing data” in Journal of Gene Reports, ISSN 2524-0144,100654,Elseiver inc, Mar 2020
● Venkata Vara Prasad D , Lokeswari Y Venkataramana , P. Senthil Kumar ,Prasannamedha G , Soumya K. & Poornema A.J. “Water quality analysis in a lake using deep learning methodology: prediction and validation” in International Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry,Taylor & Francis Group DOI:10.1080/03067319.2020.1801665
● D. Venkatavara Prasad ,N. Venkatesvara Rao, and M. Sugumaran “Sequential mining of real time moving object by using fast frequence pattern algorithm” in Cluster Computing-The Journal Of Networks Software Tools and Applications ISSN 1386-7857, Vol 22,pages.9489–9494(2019).
● D. Venkatavara Prasad ,N. Venkatesvara Rao, and M. Sugumaran “Real-time video object detection and classification using hybrid texture feature extraction” in International Journal of Computers and Applications pp1-10, doi.org/10.1080/1206212X.2018.1525929,Taylor & Francis, Oct 2018
1. Venkataramana, Lokeswari, ShomonaGracia Jacob, Saraswathi
Shanmuganathan, and Venkata Vara Prasad Dattuluri. (2020) “Benchmarking Gene Selection Techniques for Prediction of Distinct Carcinoma from Gene Expression Data: A Computational Study.” In Nature Inspired Computing for Data Science, under the series “Studies in Computational Intelligence“. Rout M., Rout J., Das H. (eds), vol SCI 871, Springer Nature, Cite Score: 0.79, SNIP: 0.447, Print ISSN: 1860-949X, e- ISSN: 1860-9503, ISBN 978-3-030-33820-6,pp. 241-277. Springer, Cham, 2020, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-33820-6_10
2. Ganesh N.S.G., Venkatesh N.G.M., D.Venkata Vara Prasad. (2022) A Systematic Literature Review on Forensics in Cloud, IoT, AI & Blockchain. In: Misra S., Arumugam C. (eds) Illumination of Artificial Intelligence in Cybersecurity and Forensics. Lecture Notes on Data Engineering and Communications Technologies, vol 109. pp 197-229 Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-93453-8_9
Senior Member of IEEE
Member of ACM
Life member of CSI and ISTE