April 30, 2020
Dr. S. Joseph Gladwin – Associate Professor
Dr. S. Joseph Gladwin is an Associate Professor in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering and has over 21 years of experience in teaching. He received his B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Bharathidasan University, M.E. in Applied Electronics from College of Engineering Guindy, Anna University and Ph.D. from Anna University Chennai.
He has over thirty research publications in International Journals and Conferences. He is a co-author of one book titled ‘Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering’. He has been the session chair for several technical symposiums and International Conferences, and also delivered invited talks in various workshops, Faculty Development Programs etc… He has also organized several workshops and seminar. He has guided around 20 projects for post graduate students and around 10 under graduate projects. He was the Mentor for the winning team in ‘Smart India Hachathon 2018’ under ‘AICTE’ at New Delhi and the team got a cash award of Rs. 100000/-. He was SPOC for Smart India Hackathon during 2019 and 2020 at SSN CE.
He is an active member in various professional societies. He is a Senior Member of IEEE, Member of IEEE AP-S, IEEE Communication Society (ComSoc), IEEE SP-S, Life member IETE and Life member ISTE. He was Chair of IEEE AP-S Madras Chapter for the years 2016, 2017 and Secretary for IEEE AP-S Madras Chapter from 2018 to till date. He participated in the ‘2019 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and USNC-URSI Radio Science meeting’ at Atlanta Georgia USA as nominee from IEEE AP-S Madras Chapter. He was member of Executive Committee (ExeCom) of IEEE Madras section during 2018 and 2019 and Treasurer of IEEE Madras section for the years 2020 and 2021.
He is the Program Officer of ‘Youth Red Cross Unit’ and Coordinator of ‘Red Ribbon Club’ at SSN CE. As faculty In-charge of YRC and RRC, he has organized several study camps and social welfare activities in the Institution and in nearby villages. Under his able guidance, College received ‘Certificate of Appreciation for Best Performance in YRC activities’ by Indian Red Cross Society, Tamil Nadu Branch.
He is also Non-Residential Deputy Warden of Gents Hostels at SSN CE. His areas of interest include Electromagnetic Fields, Signal and Image Processing, and Wireless Communication.
Funded Research Project
|1.||Title||:||Vision base gesture recognition for educating hearing impaired people|
|Sanctioned Amount||:||Rs. 0.6 Lakh|
|2||Title||:||Vehicle theft intimation system using GSM and GPS interfaced with biometric|
|Sanctioned Amount||:||Rs. 0.2 Lakh|
|3||Title||:||Warp the Scrap|
|Sanctioned Amount||:||Rs. 0.25 Lakh|
|4||Title||:||Automated Seed Planter|
|Sanctioned Amount||:||Rs. 0.2 Lakh|
|5||Title||:||Smart Walking Cane|
|Sanctioned Amount||:||Rs. 0.11 Lakh|
- J. Gladwin and P. Lakshmi Gowthami, “Combined Cryptography and Steganography for Enhanced Security in Suboptimal Images”, 2020 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Signal Processing (AISP), Amaravati, India, 2020, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.1109/AISP48273.2020.9073306
- Ramesh, S. Akruthi, K. Nandhini, S. Meena, S. Joseph Gladwinand R. Rajavel, “Implementation of Vehicle Security System using GPS,GSM and Biometric”, 2019 Women Institute of Technology Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (WITCON ECE), Dehradun Uttarakhand, India, 2019, pp. 71-75, doi: 10.1109/WITCONECE48374.2019.9092918
- K. Josephine Julina, T. Sree Sharmila and S. J. Gladwin, “Vehicle Speed Detection System using Motion Vector Interpolation”, 2019 Global Conference for Advancement in Technology (GCAT), Bangaluru, India, 2019, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.1109/GCAT47503.2019.8978375
- Sukanya, S. Joseph Gladwinand C. Vinoth Kumar, “A Tool for Extracting Text from Scanned Documents and Convert it into Editable Format”, 2019 International Conference on Vision Towards Emerging Trends in Communication and Networking (ViTECoN), Vellore, India, 2019, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.1109/ViTECoN.2019.8899428
- Reshma, S. J. Gladwinand C. Thiruvenkatesan, “Pairing-Free CP-ABE based Cryptography Combined with Steganography for Multimedia Applications”, 2019 International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing (ICCSP), Chennai, India, 2019, pp. 0501-0505, doi: 10.1109/ICCSP.2019.8698053
- Joseph Gladwin, M Mangayarkkarasi, “Design and Performance Comparison of 4-Bit Adders Using Different Logic Styles”, Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 2018, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp 949-960, doi: https://doi.org/10.1166/jctn.2018.7180
- M Anbuselvi, P Saravanan, SJ Gladwin, “Analysis of a Code Construction Method for Non-Binary Quasi-Cyclic Irregular Low Density Parity Check Decoder”, 2018, Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 2018, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp 719-724, doi: https://doi.org/10.1166/jctn.2018.7151
- J. Jegadish Kumar, S. Joseph Gladwin, V. Karthick, V. Vaithianathan, “Realization of AES with Cellular Automata based S-Box for High speed image encryption”, 2016, Asian Journal of Information Technology, Volume 15, Issue 7, pp: 1243-1248, 2016, ISSN online:1682-3145, doi: 10.36478/ajit.2016.1243.1248
- J. Jegadish Kumar, S. Joseph Gladwin, V. Kamaraj, “KAMAR: A Lightweight Feistel Block Cipher Using Cellular Automata”, Circuits and Systems, 2016, Volume 7, Issue 4, pp:222-230, ISSN Print: 2153-1285, ISSN Online: 2153-1293, doi: 10.4236/cs.2016.74021
- Joseph Gladwin, S& Salivahanan, S “Enhanced Channel Estimation and Performance Analysis using H-Infinity filter for MIMO-OFDM Systems in VLSI”, Journal of Computer Science, 2015, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 400-405, doi: 3844/jcssp.2015.400.405