April 29, 2020
Dr. Y.V. Lokeswari – Associate Professor
Dr. Y. V. Lokeswari, Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering has more than six years of teaching experience and two years of Industrial experience.
She received her Ph.D. (2019) in Computer Science from Anna university, M.E. Computer Science and Engineering (2011) from Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Anna University, B.E. Computer Science and Engineering (2009) from DMI College of Engineering, Anna University.
Her research interests include Parallel Computational Methods, Cloud Security, Distributed Systems, Bioinformatics, Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics, Data Science and Cancer Treatment through Biomarkers. She has published research papers in the area of Cloud Security and Parallel Data Mining.
Her teaching interests include Cloud Computing, Distributed Systems, Data Mining, Database Management Systems, Digital Design, Python Programming and Object Oriented Programming.
She worked in Cognizant Technology Solutions Pvt. Ltd. for two years (2011 – 2013) as Programmer Analyst in the area of Datawarehouse using the tools such as Data Stage, Informatica, Mainframes, Teradata and Quality Center. She joined SSN as Assistant Professor in the year 2013. She has organised National conferences and many Workshops at SSN. She has published papers in International Journals and Conferences.
Areas of Research
Parallel Computational Methods, Cloud Security, Distributed Systems, Bioinformatics, Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics, Data Science and Cancer Treatment through Biomarkers.
- Venkataramana, L., Prasad, D., Saraswathi, S., Mithumary, C. M., Karthikeyan, R., & Monika, N. (2022). “Classification of COVID-19 from tuberculosis and pneumonia using deep learning techniques”. Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing, I. F: 3.079, pp. 1-11, First Online 14 July 2022, DoI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11517-022-02632-x
- Venkata Vara Prasad, Srinivas Gumparthi, Lokeswari Y Venkataramana, S Srinethe, R M Sruthi Sree, K Nishanthi(May 2022), “Prediction of Stock Prices using Statistical and Machine Learning Models: A Comparative Analysis“, The Computer Journal, I.F:1.494, Oxford University Press, Vol: 65 (5), pp: 1338–1351, ISSN: 1460-2067, First Online, July 2021, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/comjnl/bxab008
- Venkataramana, L., Jacob, S. G., & Ramadoss, R. (April 2020). “A Parallel Multilevel Feature Selection algorithm for improved cancer classification“. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Vol. 138, pp. 78-98, ISSN: 0743-7315, IF: 3.734, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpdc.2019.12.015
- Lokeswari Venkataramana, ShomonaGracia Jacob, Saraswathi S, Venkata Vara Prasad D (March 2020), “Identification of Common and Dissimilar Biomarkers for Different Cancer Types from Gene Expressions of RNA-sequencing Data”, Gene Reports, I.F: 0.72, Web of Science, Cite Score: 0.6, SNIP:0.257, SJR: 0.192, Vol. 19, pp. 100654, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.genrep.2020.100654
- Venkataramana, L., Jacob, S. G., Ramadoss, R., Saisuma, D., Haritha, D., & Manoja, K. (August 2019). “Improving classification accuracy of cancer types using parallel hybrid feature selection on microarray gene expression data”. Genes & genomics, 41 (11), 1301-1313, First online: 19 August 2019, ISSN: 2092-9293, IF: 1.839, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13258-019-00859-x
Venkataramana, Lokeswari, ShomonaGracia Jacob, Saraswathi Shanmuganathan, and Venkata Vara Prasad Dattuluri. (2020) “Benchmarking Gene Selection Techniques for Prediction of Distinct Carcinoma from Gene Expression Data: A Computational Study.” In Nature Inspired Computing for Data Science, under the series “Studies in Computational Intelligence“. Rout M., Rout J., Das H. (eds), vol SCI 871, Springer Nature, Cite Score: 0.79, SNIP: 0.447, Print ISSN: 1860-949X, e- ISSN: 1860-9503, ISBN 978-3-030-33820-6, pp. 241-277. Springer, Cham, 2020, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-33820-6_10
Google Scholar :