April 29, 2020
Dr. V. Thiyagarajan – Associate Professor
Dr. V. Thiyagarajan, Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has about 8 years of teaching experience. He received his B.E degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with distinction from Arunai Engineering College, Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai, and M.E. degree in Power Systems Engineering with distinction from College of Engineering (CEG), Guindy, Anna University, Chennai. He secured Anna University “33rd rank” in B.E and “Gold Medal” in M.E. He received his Ph.D. degree from the Division of Power System Engineering, College of Engineering Guindy (CEG), Anna University, Chennai.
He is a recipient of the “Illanthamizh Arignar Award” – A Competition in Tamil. He has published 20 research papers in refereed international journals and 25 research papers in the proceedings of various international conferences. He has coordinated and organized various National level Workshops and International Conferences. He has received several best paper awards for his research papers at various international conferences.
He is a recognized supervisor for Anna University. His areas of research include Multilevel inverter, Stability, and control of electric power grids, Renewable energy systems and Microgrid.
He is the reviewer for the following International Journals
- IETE Technical Review
- International Journal of Renewable Energy Research
- Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control
- Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Review
- Advances in Modelling and Analysis B
- Iranian Journal of Science and Technology
- Outreach Committee Member for the “International Conference on Research in Technology, Entrepreneurship, Management and Social Science (ICRTEMS-2020)” organized by Saveetha School of Management (SSM), Chennai during 03rd – 04th April, 2020.
- Advisory Committee Member for the “International Conference on Computing, Communication and Control-2020 (ICCCC-2020)” organized by Sri Sairam Engineering College, Chennai during 28th & 29th Feb, 2020.
- Organizing Committee Member for the “International Conference on Science Engineering and Supply Chain Management (ICSESCM – 2019)” organized by Institute For Engineering Research and Publication, Chennai, during 22nd – 23rd November 2019.
Ongoing Funded Project Details
Title: Design and development of modified multilevel inverter topology with reduced number of switches
Funding Agency: SSN Trust
Investigator(s): Dr. V. Thiyagarajan
Duration: 2017 – 2020
Amount: 2.2 lakhs
Membership in Professional Organization
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- The Institution of Engineers
- Organised National Level Workshop on “Molecular Simulation: From Chemical Structure to Green Separation Process” at SSN College of Engineering on 16.03.2020.
- Organized “6th International Conference on Electrical Energy Systems (ICEES -2019)”, SSN College of Engineering, Chennai during 02.2020 -21.02.2020.
- Organized two days National Level Workshop on “Industrial Automation using PLC & SCADA“, at SSN College of Engineering during 13.02.2020 & 14.02.2020.
- Organized “National Conference on Fuel Cell and Electric Vehicle Technology (FCEVT – 2020)“ at SSN College of Engineering, Chennai on 24.01.2020.
- Organized IEEE Sponsored “Second International Conference on Power and Embedded Drive Control (ICPEDC 2019)” at SSN College of Engineering, Chennai during 21.08.2019-23.08.2019.
- Organized two days National Level Workshop on ” Application of Advanced Software Tools for Smart Power System“, at SSN College of Engineering during 08.08.2019 – 09.08.2019.
- Organizing Co-Chair for the IEEE Sponsored “5th International Conference on Electrical Energy Systems (ICEES -2019)”, SSN College of Engineering, Chennai during 02.2019 -22.02.2019.
- Organized two days National Level Workshop on “Industrial Automation using PLC & SCADA“, at SSN College of Engineering during 14.02.2019 & 15.02.2019.
- Organizing Co-Chair for the IEEE Sponsored “4th International Conference on Electrical Energy Systems (ICEES -2019)”, SSN College of Engineering, Chennai during 02.2018 – 09.02.2018.
- Organized ISTE sponsored workshop titled “Energy Management System in Microgrid” at SSN College of Engineering from 17.12.2014 & 18.12.2014.
- Delivered a guest lecture on “Simulation of PI Controller & Fuzzy for PV converters and Grid-connected inverter”, in AICTE sponsored Two Week Faculty development training program titled “Power Converters, Control and Grid Integration of Renewable Energy Sources”, organized by Department of EEE, SSN College of Engineering during Nov 27, 2017.
- Delivered a guest lecture on “Load Frequency control of Two Area Systems”, in the Faculty Development Program on “EE 6603 Power System Operation and Control” organized by the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, College of Engineering Guindy, Anna University on 26.11.2016.
- Delivered a guest lecture on “Operation of Static Var Compensator”, in the Faculty Development Program on “EE2306 Flexible AC Transmission Systems” organized by the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, College of Engineering Guindy, Anna University on 03.12.2014.
- Delivered a guest lecture on “STATCOM and its applications”, in the short term training course on “Flexible AC Transmission System” organized by Power System Engineering Division, College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University in association with Appadurai Chair for power Systems, 2013.