June 1, 2020
Dr. V. Kamaraj – Professor
Dr.V.Kamaraj, Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has 31 years of teaching and research experience. He received his B. Tech. degree in Electrical Engineering from Calicut University, and M.E. degree in Power Electronics and Ph.D. degree in Networks from Anna University, Chennai. He has published extensively in refereed International and National Journals and Conferences.
Prior to joining SSN in 2006 he had served as faculty in Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering from 1989 to 2006 and was elevated from Associate Lecture to various academic positions. He has performed funded research projects and has participated in industry collaborated projects.
He has received ISTE Periyar Award, Best Engineering College Teacher and IET Diamond Salute Award in 2014.
Presently he is guiding 3 Ph.D research scholars with 12 scholars who have already completed Ph.D under his guidance. He is currently working in the field of Power Quality, Machine Design and Power Converter Topologies.
He is the principal investigator for the project titled “Design and Development of Permanent Magnet Assisted Reluctance Motor Drives for Pump Application” funded by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) worth Rs 21,18,978/
- Ramya .A, M. Balaji and Kamaraj” Adaptive MF tuned fuzzy logic speed controller for BLDC motor drive using ANN and PSO technique” Journal of Engineering (IET),Vol.2019,No17,pp.3947-3950,2019.
- Vidhya and V.Kamaraj, “Complex Neural Classifiers for Power Quality Data Mining” in Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology,(Thomson Reuters indexed) vol.13, no.4, pp.1715-1723 , 2018 (Impact factor – 0.597).
- S.Nagarajan, V.Kamaraj , S.Sivaramakrishnan, “Geometrical Sensitivity Analysis Based on Design Optimization and Multiphysics Analysis of PM Assisted Synchronous Reluctance Motor”, Bulletin of Polish Academy of Technical Sciences,(Thomson Reuters indexed) 2018. (impact factor – 1.156).
- Raji and V.Kamaraj, “Analysis of Stability and Dynamic Behaviour of Ultra Lift Luo Converter” Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology,(Thomson Reuters indexed),Vol.12, N0. 5, pp 1970-1979, 2017.
- Vidhya and V.Kamaraj ” Particle Swarm Optimized Extreme Learning 3. Machine for Feature Classification in Power Quality Data Mining” in Automatika – Journal for Control, Measurement, Electronics, Computing and Communications (Thomson Reuters indexed), Vol.58,No.4,pp 487-494,2017(Impact factor – 0.217).
- V.S, Balaji Mahadevan, Kamaraj, V. Arumugam, R. Ganesh Nagarajan, Srivignesh S., Suudharshana M., ‘Design optimization of ferrite assisted synchronous reluctance motor using multi-objective differential evolution algorithm’, COMPEL – The international journal for computation and mathematics in electrical and electronic engineering,Vol.36,No.1, 2017, pp. 219–239. doi: 10.1108/compel-06-2016-0253. (Thomson Reuters indexed), (Impact factor – 0.487).
- S.Nagarajan, V.Kamaraj, M.Balaji, , R. Arumugam, N. Ganesh, R. Rahul, and M. Lohit, ‘Effect of Geometrical Parameters on Optimal Design of Synchronous Reluctance Motor’, Journal of Magnetics, Vol.21 No.4, 2016, 544-553. (Thomson Reuters indexed), (Impact factor – 0.713).
- Umadevi, M. Balaji, V. Kamaraj and L. Ananda Padmanaban,” Design optimization for cogging torque mitigation in brushless DC motor using multi-objective particle swarm optimization algorithm”, COMPEL: The International Journal for Computation and Mathematics in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Vol. 34 Iss 4 pp. 1302 – 1318,2015. (Thomson Reuters indexed), (Impact factor – 0.487).
- Umadevi, M. Balaji, V. Kamaraj and L. Ananda Padmanaban,” Data Interpolation and Design Optimisation of Brushless DC Motor Using Generalized Regression Neural Network”Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology,Vol. 10, No. 1,pp.188-194,2015. (Thomson Reuters indexed), (Impact factor – 0.679).
- Balaji,V.Kamaraj, “Evolutionary Computation Based Multi-Objective Pole Shape Optimization of Switched Reluctance Machine”, International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems (Elsevier),vol.43,no.1,2012,pp 63-69.
- Prabhakar and V. Kamaraj “Analysis and Implementation of LCC Resonant DC-DC Converter for Automotive Application”, IETE Journal of Research, Vol.56, Issue 4, July-August 2010, pp.202 – 212. (Impact Factor : 0.132)
- Ramkumar,S.Thamizharasan,V.Kamaraj and S.Jeevananthan”A new series parallel switched Multileve DC link inverter topology” International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy, Elsevier,Vol.36,No.1,2012,93-99.
Recent Paper Publications:
- S. Vidhya, M. Balaji, E. Fantin Irudaya Raj and V. Kamaraj, “Differential Evolution Algorithm Supported Random Forest Classifier For Effective Feature Selection And Classification Of Power Quality Disturbances”, U.P.B. Scientific Bulletin, Series C- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Vol. 85, no.1,pp 131-142, 2023.
- Vidhya Sivaramakrishnan, Balaji Mahadevan, and Kamaraj Vijayarajan,” Power Quality Data Mining Using Hybrid Feature Extraction Technique”in book titled: Smart Sensors Measurement and Instrumentation,Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, Vol 957,pp 491-502,2023.
- B.S Nalina V.Kamaraj and M.Ramesh Babu , “Fault Detection and Identification Strategy Based on Luenberger Observer for Bidirectional Interleaved Switched—Capacitor DC–DC Converter Interfaced Microgrids”, Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology,Vol. 17,no. 4,pp 2329 – 2338,2022.
- V. Kamaraj, R.Rengaraj, G.R.Venkatakrishnan, Mrunal Deshpande,”Performance improvisation of 10kWp grid connected solar photovoltaic system – a case study” IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science- Open Access proceedings journal, 2022.
- J. Raji and V. Kamaraj, “Investigation of ultra lift Luo converter with peak, average and hysteresis current mode control”, Journal of Power Electronics, Volume 21, pp 951-963,2021.
- Augustine Mathu Gnaniah, BalajiMahadevan , and KamarajVijayarajan, “Influence of Laminating Materials and Modified Pole Shapes on the Performance of Segmented Rotor Switched Reluctance Motor”Journal of Magnetics,Vol. 25,no.3,pp 347-354,2020.