April 29, 2020
Dr. V. Balasubramanian – Associate Professor
Dr. V. Balasubramanian is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering and has 23 years of teaching and research experience. He received his B.E. in Electronics and Communication from University of Madras, in the year 1997 and M.E. degree in Computer Science and Engineering from College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, Chennai, in the year 2002. He received his Ph.D from College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University. He has published 20 papers in National, International Conferences and Journals. He has authored five books: Theory of Computation, Computer Networks, Computer Architecture, Design and Analysis of Algorithms and Artificial Intelligence.
He is a Senior member of IEEE, Member of ACM and also a Life member of Computer Society of India (CSI), and Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE).
- Balasubramanian, V & Mala, T, 2019, ‘Cloud data integrity checking using Bilinear pairing and network coding’, Cluster Computing – The Journal of Networks, Software Tools and Applications, 22, No.3, pp. 6927-6935, May 2019 (Impact Factor : 1.601).
- Balasubramanian, V & Mala, T, 2019, ‘Improved Certiﬁcateless Signcryption for IoT Smart Devices’, Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 1-8, Jan 2019. 2013 ISI (Impact Factor: 1.232).
- V. Balasubramanian and T Mala, “A review on various data security issues in cloud computing environment and its solutions”, in ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Volume 10, pp 883-889, Feb 2015.
- V. Balasubramanian and Thanasekkaran Sharavanan, “A Dynamic Threshold Proxy DigitalSignature Scheme by using RSA Cryptography for Multimedia Authentication”, in International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA) Volume 20, April 2011.
- V.Balasubramanian ,S.Ashokkumar, K.Karuppasamy and Balaji Srinivasan “Parallel Key Encryption For CBC And Interleaved CBC”, in International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA) Volume 2, May 2010.
- V Balasubramanian, S Arul Thileeban, C Sathiya Narayan & J Bhuvana, ‘PKI Model Optimisation in VANET with Clustering and Polling’, International Conference on Innovations in Bio-Inspired Computing and Applications, pp. 321-329, 2017.
- Balasubramanian, V, Annamalai, R & Mala, T, 2017, ‘Integrity veriﬁcation using Identity based Provable Data Possession in multi storage cloud’, 2017 International Conference on Computational Intelligence in Data Science (ICCIDS), June 2-3, 2017
- V.Balasubramanian, Dr.P.Seetha Lakshmi and P.JayaPrakash “An Integrated Cross Layer Design for Enhanced QOS in Mobile Adhoc Networks”, in Proceedings of the International Conference on Wireless Networks, ICWN 2005 , Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, June 27-30, 2005. Vol 1, Page 155-160.
- V.Balasubramanian and S.Satish Raja “Design and Simulation of Efficient MAC Protocol for 3G Mobile Networks”, in Proceedings of the Second National Conference in Electronic Communications ADELCO 2005. Volume 1, Page 130-137.
- V.Balasubramanian, Dr.P.Seetha Lakshmi and B.Loganayaki “Congestion Avoidance of Multimedia Streaming”, in Proceedings of the National Conference on Emerging Trends in Communication Networks and Internet Applications” 6-7 January 2005 at Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Hosur, Vol 1, page 85-89
- V.Balasubramanian, Dr.P.Seetha Lakshmi and S.Anitha “Multi-path On-Demand Routing Based Reliable Information Forwarding in Wireless Sensor Networks”, in Proceeding of the National Conference on Current Trends in Computer Technology” 10-11 February 2006 at SRM University, Vol 1, page 6-10.
- V.Balasubramanian and C.Gomathi “ECC Based Threshold Cryptography for MANET”, in Proceeding of the National Conference on Current Trends in Computer Technology” 10-11 February 2006 at SRM University, Vol 1, page 17-21.
- V.Balasubramanian and B.Ramya Lakshmi “Detection of Routing Misbehavior and Secure Transmission of Data in MANETs”, in proceeding of the National Conference on Trends in Computing Technologies NCTCT 08, March 5, 2008 at Meenakshi Sundararajan Engineering College, Vol 1, page 63-69.
- V.Balasubramanian and Priyanka Kennedy “A Verifiable Extended Visual Cryptography Scheme”, in Proceeding of the National Conference on Advanced Pattern Mining and Multimedia Computing APMMC 2010, 25-26 February 2010 at National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli, Vol 1, page 339-342.
- One of the Coordinator for the Six days Intensive Training Programme on the “Basics of Cyber Crime Investigation” for the Sub-Inspectors of Police, Cyber Crime Wing, Tamil Nadu. 183 Sub Inspectors underwent the training in three batches during 25-29 January 2020, 3-8, February 2020 and 24-29 February 2020.
- Member, of the Cognizant Technology Solutions Ltd.-VSAT Team in delivering technical training to their fresh recruits.
- Trainer for off-Campus Training Program for Cognizant Technology Solutions Entry Level Recruits for the module Computer Architecture and Operating Systems.
- Associated as Team member for the development of training material Learning Assets Development for Cognizant Technology Solutions Entry Level Recruits for the module Fundamentals of Computing Technology.
- Associated with creation of CBT material for Cognizant Technology Solutions Entry Level Recruits for the module Fundamentals of Computing Technology.
- Conference Co-Chair and Pubication Chair for the 2017 IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence in Data Science(ICCIDS), conducted during Jun 2, 2017 – Jun 3, 2017.
- Conference Co-Chair ICCIDS 2019 International Conference on Computational Intelligence in Data Science conducted during February 21-23, 2019.
- Coordinator for the Faculty Development programme Funded by ACM Education Committee on “Design and Analysis of Algorithms” from 25th Jan’2016 to 29th Jan’2016 (the others coordinators are Dr.Chitra Babu & Dr. R.S. Milton).
- Coordinator for the Faculty Development programme approved by Anna University on “Design and Analysis of Algorithms CS6402” from 11th December’2014 to 18th December’2014 (the others coordinator is Dr.Chitra Babu). The FDP was supported by Microsoft Research India.
- Coordinator for the Faculty Development programme Funded by Anna University on “Computer Organization and Architecture (CS2253)” from 11th December’2013 to 18th December’2013 (the others coordinators are Dr.D.V.V.Prasad, J. Suresh, K,R. Sarath Chandran).
- Coordinator for the Four-day workshop on “Industrial Oriental Training camp on GNU/Linux” conducted jointly by the Free Software Foundation, Tamilnadu and SSNCE on 19,20,26,27 July 2008.
- Coordinator for a one-day workshop on “Embedded GNU/Linux and Alliance VLSI CAD” on September 2, 2006.
- Coordinator for the Faculty Development programme Funded by Anna University on “Computer Architecture” from 12th Nov’2005 to 18th Nov’2005 (the others coordinators are Dr.A.Srinivasan & D.V.V.Prasad).