April 29, 2020
Dr. V. Balasubramanian – Associate Professor
Dr. V. Balasubramanian is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering and has 25 years of teaching and research experience. He received his B.E. in Electronics and Communication from the University of Madras, in the year 1997 and M.E. degree in Computer Science and Engineering from College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, Chennai, in the year 2002. He received his Ph.D from the College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University. He has published 20 papers in the National, International Conferences and Journals. He has authored five books: Theory of Computation, Computer Networks, Computer Architecture, Design and Analysis of Algorithms and Artificial Intelligence.
He is a Senior member of IEEE, Senior Member of ACM and a Life member of Computer Society of India (CSI), and Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE).
Areas of Research
Cloud Computing, Security and Privacy, Blockchain
- Balasubramanian, V, Vignesh Balaji Saravanarajan, Supraja Sridhar, Sumon Kumar, Thejas Narasimhan, Shruthi Dhanvanth, Shri Keshavinee, Anti-shoulder surfing graphical password authentication system, in Indian Journal of Natural Sciences, vol.76, No.7, pp. 32-38, Feb, 2023. [Clarivate Analytics]
- Balasubramanian, V, Vignesh,B, Sriram, M, Susmithaa Raam,A, End-to-End Machine Learning Pipeline for Real-Time Network Traffic Classification and Monitoring in Android Automotive, in International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering, vol.11, No.7, pp. 32-38, June, 2022. [Scopus]
- Balasubramanian, V, Thileeban, SA, Narayan, CS, Bhuvana, J, PKI model optimisation in VANET with clustering and polling, in Advances in Soft Computing, vol.939, pp. 321-329, May, 2019. [Web of Science]
- Balasubramanian, V and Mala T, Cloud data integrity checking using Bilinear pairing and network coding, in Cluster Computing – The Journal of Networks, Software Tools and Applications, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 6927-6935, May, 2019.[Web of Science]
- Balasubramanian, V and Mala T, Improved certificateless signcryption for IoT smart devices, in Applied Mathematics and Information Sciences, vol. 13, no. 1,pp. 31-38, 2019. [Scopus]
1.Blockchain enabled IoT asset tracking and management, Funded by SSN Trust, Jan 2021 amount 1,50,510.
2. Self-Balancing Robot Protocol, Funded by SSN Trust, Aug 2020 amount 11,580
3. AICTE for the scheme AICTE SPICES(Scheme for Promoting Interests, Creativity and Ethics among Students) for Rs.1,00,000/- for the Coding Club
4. Organized a Faculty Development Program on Design and Analysis of Algorithms along with the ACM India Education Committee during 25-29 Jan 2016.Amount Rs. 50000.
5. One of the Coordinator for the Anna University sponsored FDP on Computer Organisation and Architecture during 11 December 2013 to 18 December 2013, Amount Rs. 90000.
6. One of the Coordinator for the Microsoft Research India sponsored FDP on Design and Analysis of Algorithms during 11 December 2014 to 18 December 2014, Amount Rs. 50000
1. One of the Coordinator for the Six days Intensive Training Programme on the “Basics of Cyber Crime Investigation” for the Sub-Inspectors of Police, Cyber Crime Wing, Tamil Nadu. 183 Sub Inspectors underwent the training in three batches during 25-29 January 2020, 3-8, February 2020 and 24-29 February 2020.
2. Member, of the Cognizant Technology Solutions Ltd.-VSAT Team in delivering technical training to their fresh recruits.
3. V. Balasubramanian and Dr. J. Bhuvana with students Arul Dhileeban, Anirudh M worked for the consultancy project with Tata Elxsi Team on PKI model optimisation in VANET with clustering and polling.
- Senior Member, IEEE
- Senior Member, ACM
- Life Member, ISTE
- Life Member, CSI
Position held in Professional Bodies
Chennai centre coordinator for Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI 2019-23), Zonal Computing Olympiad (ZCO 2019-23)
Google Scholar :