May 4, 2020
Dr. S. Vijayan – Professor
|Qualification||B.E. Mech (1997), M.E. Industrial Engineering (1998), Ph.D.(2010)|
|Institute of Ph.D.||Anna University, Chennai|
|Experience in SSN||Since July 1999, teaching Engineering Graphics, Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Economics, TQM, Principles of Management, Manufacturing Management, Production planning and control and Process planning and cost estimation.|
|Experience prior to SSN||5 months|
|Institutions worked previously||PSNA College of Engineering and Technology|
|Research Interests||Welding, Quality Engineering, Taguchi optimization|
|Research Supervision till date||Completed 1 Ph.D ; Thesis Submitted 1; Ongoing 3 Ph.D|
|Research Output in SSN||28 publications in journals ; 5 presentations in Conferences|
|Research output prior to SSN||Nil|
|Funded Projects||Completed one Funded project from NRB
Completed one Funded project from SSN trust
(Details listed below)
|Professional Activity||2 Books published.
Member of ISTE and IIW
Collaborative work with universities abroad
|Professional recognition||1. Nominated as Syllabus committee Co-ordinator in framing the curriculum regulation R- 2017 Anna university affiliated Engineering Colleges for Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Manufacturing department.
2.Nominated as Chairman for Pass Committee at Anna University
3.Nominated as Chairman for Mechanical Board valuation at Anna University
|Administrative Activity||1.Cheif Superintendent for Practical and Theory Examination Anna University.
2.Member in Exam Cell
3.Department IQAC Co-ordinator
4.Discipline committee member
|As a Person||Likes to practice Win -Win Strategic leadership.
Likes to observe people and learn their best qualities
Loves to work as a team.
Interested to play and watch cricket.
Love to Watch Movies
Funded Projects List
|S.No.||Title||Funding Agency||Project period||Value Rs.Lakhs|
|1||Friction Stir Welding of Scandium added Al-Mg Alloys||NRB||June 2006 to
|2||Evaluation of Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of
Dissimilar FSW on Magnesium Alloys of AZ31B and ZM21
|SSN Trust||2013-2015||4 lakhs|
Books / Book Chapters list
- Process Optimization for Friction Stir Welding”, ISBN 978-3-639-34391-5 published by VDM-Verlag.
- Fixture Layout Design and Optimization”, ISBN 978-620-2-05613-7.published by Lambert Academic Publishing
List of Top five Publications
- R. Sasidharan, S. RajendraBoopathy, S. Vijayan and S. R. Koteswara Rao (2016), “Optimization of bead geometry for duplex stainless steel GTA welds using the Taguchi approach”,Materials Testing,58 (2016), pp.312-318.
- S.Vijayan S.Prasath and S. R. Koteswara Rao (2016), “Optimization of Friction stir welding process parameters for joining ZM21 to AZ31 of dissimilar Magnesium alloys using Taguchi Technique”, La Metallurgia Italiana, Vol.5, pp.25-33.
- Koil Raj M., Vijayan S., and Rao S.R.K.(2012), ‘Friction Stir Welding of Dissimilar Aluminum alloys: AA2219 to AA5083 – Optimization of process parameters using Taguchi Method’, Materials and design,Volume 42,PP 1-7.
- Vijayan S., Raju R. and Rao S.R.K. (2011), ‘Multi-Objective Optimization of Friction Welding Process Parameters on Aluminum Alloy AA 5083 Using Taguchi Based Grey Relation Analysis’, Accepted in Materials and Manufacturing Processes, Vol. 25, No. 11, pp. 1206-12.
- Vijayan S., Raju R., Subbaiah K., Sridhar N. and Rao S.R.K. (2010), ‘Friction Stir Welding of Al-Mg alloy-Optimization of process parameters using Taguchi Method’, Experimental Techniques, Vol. 34, No. 5, pp. 37-44.