May 6, 2020
Dr. S. Sophia – Assistant Professor
Dr. S. Sophia working as an Assistant Professor, in the Department of Mathematics has done her doctorate in the field of Stochastic Processes.
She received the Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics from Auxilium College, Vellore and M.Sc. (Mathematics) from St. Joseph’s College, Trichy. She worked as a part time lecturer in ICL College, Mumbai for two years. Later she pursued her Ph.D. from Anna University, Chennai.
Her area of specialization is Stochastic processes and its applications, in particular Queueing theory. Her current interests relate to catastrophe models in queueing systems. Her main research activity is in Tandem Fluid Queue models with input controlled by Exponential Timer. She has more than 10 papers published in various international journals and conferences. For a short period, she worked in Stella Maris College, Chennai. She joined SSNCE in July 2010 as an Assistant Professor.
- Stationary Solution of a Fluid Queue Driven by a Queue With Chain Sequence Rates and Controlled Input, S. Sophia and B. Muthu Deepika, Studia Scientiarum Mathematicarum Hungarica, 57(4) and 552-565, 2020.
- Transient analysis of an infinite server queue with catastrophes and server failures, Sophia and Murali T.S. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol 118, pages 253-261, 2018.
- Transient analysis of a single server queue with chain sequence rates subject to catastrophes, failures and repairs, S.Sophia, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol 119, pages 1969-1988, 2018.
- Stationary Analysis of an M/Ek/1 Driven Fluid Queue Subject to Exponential Timer, S.Sophia. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol 119, pages 1869-1880, 2018.
- Transient analysis of a discouraged arrival queue subject to total catastrophes, failures and repairs, S. Sophia. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol 108, pages 93-106, 2016.
- Exact Solution to Tandem Fluid Queues with Controlled Input, Vijayakumar and S. Sophia. Stochastic Analysis and Applications, Volume 33, pages 21–39, 2015
- Steady-state Behavior of an M/M/1 Queue in Random Environment Subject to System Failures and Repairs, S.Sophia and B.Praba. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 101, pages 267-279, 2015.
- Stationary solution to a tandem fluid queue with input controlled by exponential timer, Vijayakumar and S. Sophia. Int. J. Operational Research, Vol. 18, pages 71-90, 2013.
- Transient Analysis of a Markovian Queue with Chain Sequence Rates and Total Catastrophes, B. Krishna kumar, A. Vijayakumar and S. Sophia. International Journal of Operational Research (2010) Vol.5, pp. 375-391.
- Transient Analysis for State-dependent Queues with Catastrophes, B. Krihna kumar, A. Vijayakumar and S. Sophia. Stochastic Analysis and Applications (2008) Vol. 26, pp. 1201-1217.
- Transient Solution for discouraged arrival and infinite server queueing systems with catastrophes, B. Krishna kumar, A. Vijayakumar and S. Sophia. Presented at the joint statistical meeting and International conference on Statistics, Probability and Related areas held in the Department of statistics, CUSAT, Cochin during January 2-5, 2007.
- Fluid Queue with Input Controlled by Exponential Timer, A. Vijayakumar and S. Sophia. Presented at the seventh world congress on Probability and Statistics held in National University of Singapore during July 14-19, 2008.
- Stationary solution to a Tandem fluid queue with input controlled by exponential timer, A. Vijayakumar and S. Sophia. Presented at the Eleventh Annual Conference of the Society of Statistics, Computer and Applications held in the department of statistics, University of Madras, Chennai during February 24-26, 2009.
Conference/ Workshop Organized
- Co-Ordinator for the “MATH and MATLAB Workshop” organized by the Department of Mathematics, SSNCE during 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
- Co-Ordinator for the “International Conference on Rough Set Theory and Mathematical Applications-ICRSMA 2021” held on January 08-09, 2021.
- Convener for the “Online National Workshop on Linear Algebra” held on June 1-2, 2020, organized by SSNCE.
- Convener for the “Workshop on Linear Algebra” held on June 21-22, 2019, organized by SSNCE.
- Co-Ordinator for “Two-day workshop on Advances in Applied Engineering Mathematics”, held on September 4-5, 2015.
- Co-Ordinator for “Advanced Training Camp in Mathematics” held on 5-12, Dec.2012, sponsored by NBHM & SSNCE.
Recognized Supervisor of Anna University, Chennai
Full time Scholar: 1
Internal Funded Projects
- S. Sophia (PI) & Dr. B. Praba (Co-PI)
Title: Analysis of a Tandem Fluid Queue Regulated by a Feedback Queue (ongoing)
Funding Agency: SSN Trust
- B. Praba (PI) & Dr. S. Sophia (Co-PI)
Title: Prediction of Indian GDP Using Grey Forecast Model (completed)
Funding Agency: SSN Trust