May 6, 2020
Dr. S. Sampath Kumar – Assistant Professor
Dr. S. Sampath Kumar is working as an Assistant Professor, in the Department of Mathematics. He received his Master and doctoral degrees in Mathematics from the Department of Mathematics, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar. His area of specialization is Decomposition and Factorization of Graphs. He received the following awards while doing his M.Sc. and Ph.D. He has seven years of teaching experience and 11 years of research experience. He is a recognized research supervisor in Anna University (Ref. No. 2570068). Currently, one Ph.D. scholar is doing research under his guidance.
Awards / Recognition
- Two consecutive years, he was awarded Ramasamy Padayatchiar Endowment scholarship offered by Annamalai University.
- He was awarded Junior Research Fellowship and Senior Research Fellowship attached with the project “Decompositions of Graphs and Orthogonal Double Covers of Graphs” funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, New Delhi, for three years, February, 2009 to January 2012.
- He was awarded Junior Research Fellowship under the Department of Science and Technology PURSE Programme for the period of one year from March 2012 to February 2013.
Discrete Mathematics, Graph Decompositions; Graph Factorizations; Coloring in Graphs.
List of Publications
- Paulraja and S. Sampath Kumar, A Note on Paired Domination Number of Tensor Product of Graphs, Bulletin of the ICA 60 (2010) 79 – 85.
- Paulraja and S. Sampath Kumar, Resolvable Even Cycle Decompositions of the Tensor Product of Complete Graphs, Discrete Math. 301 (2011) 1841-1850.
- Paulraja and S. Sampath Kumar, Closed Trail Decompositions of Some Classes of Regular Graphs, Discrete Math. 302 (2012) 1353-1366.
- Paulraja and S. Sampath Kumar, Edge Disjoint Hamilton Cycles in Knodel Graphs, Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science, 17 (2016) 263-284.
- Paulraja and S. Sampath Kumar, On Hamiltonian Decompositions of Tensor Products of Graphs, Applicable Analysis and Discrete Mathematics, 13 (2019) 178-202.
- Vasu, R. Sundareswaran, S. Sampath Kumar and R. Sujatha, Regular Integrity in Graphs, Malaya Journal of Matematik, Special Issue No.1 (2019) 271-275.
Conference / workshop Organized
Convener of the International Conference on Graph Theory and its Applications – 2019 held during 20 – 21, November 2019 at the Department of Mathematics, SSN College of Engineering, Kalavakkam, sponsored by SERB & SSN Trust.
Invited Lectures Delivered
- Delivered an Invited talk on “Decomposition of graphs into uniform subgraphs” in the International Conference on Theoretical Computer Science and Discrete Mathematics (ICTCSDM – 2018) held during 3 – 5, December 2018.
- Delivered an Invited talk on “Applications of Graphs and Digraphs” in the one day Workshop on Graph Theory for Computer Professionals(GTCOP) held on 02, February 2019.