May 4, 2020
Dr. S.R. Koteswara Rao – Professor
|Qualification||B.E.Mech (1988), M.Tech – Industrial Metallurgy (1992), Ph.D.(2005)|
|Institute of Ph.D.||Indian Institute of Technology , Madras|
|Experience in SSN||Since April 2015 , teaching Welding Technology, Theory of Metal Forming, Materials Testing and Characterization|
|Experience prior to SSN||15 years in academics + 1 year in Industry|
|Institutions worked previously||Tagore Engineering College
Centre for Industrial consultancy and sponsored Research ICSR, IITM
RMK Engineering College
Hindustan Engineering College
|Research Interests||Welding, Corrosion, Testing and characterization|
|Research Supervision till date||Completed – 9 Ph.D ; Ongoing- 6 Ph.D|
|Research Output in SSN||Publications in journals: 21 SCI|
|Research output prior to SSN||Publications in Journals: 14 SCI|
|Funded Projects||Completed – 7 Ongoing – 1|
|Professional Activity||Life member of :
Indian Institute of Welding – Reg.No. CHN/M/R-10246/L
Indian Welding Society – No. L-00169
Indian Institute of Metals – No. CO6-LM01-50650
|Professional recognition||International Welding Engineer (IWE) diploma awarded by International Institute of welding, Portugal.
Entrepreneurship Educators course from IIM Bengaluru.
|Administrative Activity||Worked as Head of the Dept at SSN, Principal -Tagore Engg college and Dean (R&D) at Tagore Engg College|
Funded Projects List
|S.No.||Title||Funding Agency||Project period||Value Rs.Lakhs|
|1||Friction Stir welding of Scandium added Al-Mg alloys||Naval Research Board (NRB), DRDO||2006-09||23.94|
|2||Gas Tungsten arc assisted friction stir welding of steels||DST||2008-11||24.45|
|3||Friction Stir Welding of AA2219 to AA5083-Dissimilar Aluminium Alloys.||DRDO – ER&IPR||2010-12||13.69|
|4||Joining of Aluminium alloy 5083 to DMR 249 grade steel using CMT-MIG welding||Naval Research Board (NRB), DRDO||2012-14||14.95|
|5||Friction Stir Welding of AA7075 thick Plates for heavy Vehicle Application||Armament Research Board(ARMREB)
|6||Activated flux GTA welding of duplex stainless steels- Addition of nitrogen to weld metal||UGC-DAE||2012-15||1.05|
|7||Development of Nitrogen added low Nickel fillers for welding of Duplex Stainless Steels.||AICTE||2013 -16||19.32|
|8||Optimizing the ballistic performance of AA7075 thick plate Friction stir welds||Armament Research Board(ARMREB)
List of Top five Publications
- S.R.Koteswara Rao, K.Srinivasa Rao, G.Madhusudhan Reddy, M.Kamaraj, K.Prasad Rao, Reasons for superior Mechanical and Corrosion properties of 2219 Aluminum alloy Electron Beam Welds, Materials Characterization, 55 (2005) 345– 354, IF – 3.220, ISSN: 1044-5803.
- S.R.Koteswara Rao, G.Madhusudhan Reddy, M.Kamaraj, K.Prasad Rao, Grain Refinement through Arc Manipulation Techniques in Al-Cu alloy GTA Welds, ,Materials Science and Engineering A, 404 (2005) 227–234 ,IF – 4.081, ISSN: 0921-5093.
- S.R.Koteswara Rao, G.Madhusudhan Reddy, K.Prasad Rao, Effects of thermo-mechanical treatments on mechanical properties of AA 2219 gas tungsten arc welds, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 202, (2008) 283-289, IF – 4.178, ISSN: 0924-0136.
- S.R.Koteswara Rao, B.Kamsala Devi, K.Srinivasa Rao, K.Prasad Rao, Thermo mechanical treatments of Sc and Mg modified Al-Cu alloy welds International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology (2009) 45:16–24, IF – 2.750, ISSN: 0268-3768.
- Koilraj, M., Sundareswaran, V., Vijayan, S., Koteswara Rao, S.R., Friction stir welding of dissimilar aluminum alloys AA2219 to AA5083 – Optimization of process parameters using Taguchi technique, Materials& Design, volume 42, (2012), 1 – 7 , IF – 5.770, ISSN: 0261-3069.