April 29, 2020
Dr. R. Deepalaxmi – Associate Professor
She completed her Ph.D in the area of polymeric insulating materials (Anna University) on June 2015. She had completed her B.E (EEE), M.E( Power Electronics and Drives) in Shanmugha College of Engineering (Bharathidasan University) during June 2000 and November 2001 respectively.
She joined SSN college of Engineering in June 2005. In SSN, she has a teaching experience of nearly 15 years. She has overall teaching experience of 18 years and 6 months. She has attended 18 faculty development programme and workshops.
She has 11 journal publications (which includes IEEE transactions Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation and Elsevier- Nuclear Engineering and Design ) and 9 conference publications in her credit.
She has been a recognized Supervisor under the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Anna University from December 2015. Currently she is guiding research scholars (Ph.D) in the area of high voltage engg and power electronics and drives.
Areas of interest: Insulating materials, Radiation effects, High voltage engg, Power electronics and drives.
Book Chapter Contribution
Dr.R.Deepalaxmi, Dr.V.Rajini, and Dr.C.Vaithilingam contributed a chapter entitled “Electron Beam Irradiation Effects on Dielectric Parameters of SiR-EPDM Blends ” in the book under the working title ” Radiation Effects in Materials”, InTech – open science, open minds, Croatia, Europe, ISBN 978-953-51-4718-3. February 2016.
Funded Projects Details
- As a Principal Investigator received internal funding worth 5.5 lakhs for the project titled “Identification of Cable Insulation Material for Nuclear Power Plants” Dr.R.Deepalaxmi (ASSP/EEE) during 2017-2019.
- Served as a Co-investigator for the internally funded project “Electro-Mechanical Characterization of Polymer Blends” for a worth of Rs 2.37 Lakhs during 2010-12.
- Served as one of the coordinator for PG NBA on May 2016
- Organized one day workshop on Research Challenges and Innovation on Solar Energy Systems , August 2017.
- One of the organizing chair for the ICEES 2019 which will be conducted by EEE on February 21 & 22, 2019
- Deepalaxmi,J.Praveen, A.Prasith and I.Prithieve, “Design of a Pulse Forming Network toLaunch an Object Using Rail-gun”, International Journal of Advanced Scientific Engineering and Technological Research (ISSN 2249 9954), Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 14-24, (Anna University Annexure-II) June 2012.
- Deepalaxmi,M. Balaji and V.Rajini, “Identification of Optimal Polymeric Blend (SR-EPDM)using Soft Computing Optimization Techniques-PSO and GA”,ARPN Journal of Engineeringand Applied Sciences, (ISSN 1819-6608), Vol. 7, No. 9, pp.1119-1127, September 2012, Impact factor : 0.2.
- Deepalaxmi,M. Balaji and V. Rajini, “Particle Swarm Optimization Based Selection of Optimal Polymeric Blend”, IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation (ISSN 1070-9878), Vol. 20. No. 3, pp. 922-931, June 2013. .(DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TDEI.2013.6518961), Thomson Reuters Impact factor : 1.28, (Anna University Annexure-I, S.NO-3439) Citations:2
- Deepalaxmiand V.Rajini “Property Enhancement of SiR-EPDM Blend Using Electron Beam Irradiation”, Journal of Electrical Eng. & Technology (ISSN 1975 0102), Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 984-990, May 2014,(DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2014.9.3.984), Impact factor :0.528 (Anna University Annexure-I, S.No-4527 ;ISSN- 1975 0102)
- Deepalaxmiand V.Rajini “Performance Evaluation of Gamma Irradiated SiR-EPDM Blends” International Journal of Nuclear Engineering and design (ELSEVIER) (ISSN 0029 5493), Vol. 273, No. 1, pp. 602-614, May 2014, ,(DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2014.03.037)Thomson Reuters Impact factor : 0.952, Scopus indexed , (Anna University Annexure-I, S.No-6385 ;ISSN -0029 5493)
- Deepalaxmiand V.Rajini, “Gamma and electron beam irradiation effects on SiR-EPDM blends”,Journal of radiation Research and Applied Sciences(ELSEVIER) (ISSN 1687 8507), Vol.7, No. 3,pp.363-370, July 2014, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j/jrras.2014.05.005).
- Deepalaxmi and V.Rajini, “Performance Evaluation of Electron Beam Irradiated SIR-EPDM Blends”, IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation (ISSN 1070 9878),Vol.22, No.6, pp.3366-3375, Dec 2015, (DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TDEI.2014.004615), (Anna University Annexure-I, S.No-3439) Thomson Reuters Impact factor : 1.278.
- Deepalaxmi , Desigan.V, Dineshkumar.S, Ishwarya.V and Jayabjharathi.K (Passed out BE/EEE students) published a paper titled “Performance Analysis of Resonant Converter Using LLC Topologies”in International Journal For Science And Advance Research In Technology (IJSART) Volume 1,Issue 12, PP. 232-238, December 2015. ISSN [ONLINE] : 2395-1052
- R.Deepalaxmi , Asso.Prof/EEE,D.Janani , B.Kaviya, Manisha V Bachpai and M.Durgai Vadivu (Passed out BE/EEE students) published a paper titled PAPER ID : V2S10_348 “Modelling and Implementation of Long Duration Impulse Current Measurement Circuit” in International Journal of Advance Scientific Research and Management IJASRM Volume 2,Issue 10, PP. 34-40, October 2017. IF-3 ISSN [ONLINE] : 2455-6378.
- Deepalaxmi,V.Rajini, C.Vaithilingam and S. Vijayalakshmi published a paper titled “ Analysis of Gamma Irradiation Effects on Dielectric Parameters of SIR-EPDM Blends” in Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, Volume 14, Issue 3, 1118 – 1137 ( School of Engineering, Taylor’s University,Malaysia) June 2019 (Scopus indexed)
- S.Vijayalakshmi, R.Deepalaxmi and V.Rajini , published a paper titled “Electromechanical characterization of titanium-dioxide-filled SiR-EPDM blends” inPolymers and Polymer Composites(scopus indexed journal) https://doi.org/10.1177/0967391120915344 , Impact Factor-0.683 SJR-0.225;SNIP-0.37; ISSN: 0967-3911,Online ISSN: 1478-2391
- Dr.R.Deepalaxmi, Asso.Prof and Dr.C.Vaithilingam, Asso.Prof/SELECT, VIT University, Chennai, presented a paper titled “Estimation of SIR-EPDM blend ratio using generalized regression neural network” in the Fifth International Conference on Electrical Energy Systems (ICEES 2019) organized by Department of EEE, SSN College of Engineering, Chennai, during February 21 & 22, 2019.
- Ms.S.Vijayalakshmi (Full time research scholar of Dr.R.Deepalaxmi) ,Dr.R.Deepalaxmi, Asso.Prof and Dr.V.Rajini, Prof/EEE, presented a paper titled“Electro-mechanical performance of carbon-filled SiR-EPDM blends” in the Fifth International Conference on Electrical Energy Systems (ICEES 2019) organized by Department of EEE, SSN College of Engineering, Chennai, during February 21 & 22, 2019.
- R.Priyavasini, ShaikTasneem, J.B.Shivani, N.Srija (Third Year/EEE students), Dr.R.Deepalaxmi Asso.Prof/EEE , presented a paper titled“Design and Implementation of Speed Control System for 1-phase and 3-phase Asynchronous Motor Using PID Controller” in the Fifth International Conference on Electrical Energy Systems(ICEES 2019) organized by Department of EEE, SSN College of Engineering, Chennai, during February 21 & 22, 2019.
- Ms.N.Shanthi (Part-time research scholar of Dr.R.Deepalaxmi)and Dr.R.Deepalaxmi, Asso.Prof, presented a paper titled“Performance analysis of Three-Level Interleaved Boost Converter with Coupled Inductor” in the Fifth International Conference on Electrical Energy Systems (ICEES 2019) organized by Department of EEE, SSN College of Engineering, Chennai., during February 21 & 22, 2019.
- Deepalaxmi.R, Balaji.M and Rajini.V, “Identification of Optimal Polymeric Blend for Cables using Particle Swarm Optimization Method” has been presented at International Conference on Condition Monitoring and Diagnosis (CMD) 2012 which was held at Bali, Indonesia on September 23-27, 2012. Also the paper has been published in the Proceedings of 2012 IEEE International Conference on“Condition Monitoring and Diagnosis”(ISBN-978-1-4673-1020-8).
- Deepalaxmi.R and Rajini.V “Property Modification of SiR-EPDM Blends by Electron Beam Irradiation” has been presented at International Conference on Condition Monitoring and Diagnosis (CMD) 2012 which was held at Bali, Indonesia on September 23-27, 2012. Also, the paper has been published in the Proceedings of 2012 IEEE International Conference on “Condition Monitoring and Diagnosis” (ISBN-978-1-4673-1020-8).
- Deepalaxmi.R and Rajini.V, “Study and Characterization of Composite Insulation Cables”, Second International Conference on ‘Materials for the Future’ organized by the Government Engineering College, Thrissur,Kerala, Feb (23-25), 2011, 103-104.
- Deepalaxmi.R, “Fuzzy Logic based Reactive Power Compensation to Enhance Voltage Stability Limit”, POWERCOIN’08, Organized by Sona College of Engineering and Technology, Salem, March 2008.
- Deepalaxmi.R, “Estimation of Reactive Power Compensation To Enhance Loadability Limit Using Artificial Neural Networks” INCRUIS2K8, Organized by Kongu Engineering College Erode, Jan 2008.