May 6, 2020
Dr. N. Padmapriya – Associate Professor
Dr. N. Padmapriya, Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematics has 20 years of teaching and research experience, including 4 years of research experience in the field of Image Processing. She received her B.Sc. (Mathematics) from The Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai, M.Sc. (Mathematics) from Queen Mary’s College, Chennai and M.Phil (Mathematics) from Loyola College, Chennai, affiliated to the University of Madras. She received her Ph.D from Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland.
She was awarded with DCU Scholarship to pursue her Ph.D. She won the outstanding paper award at the Literati Network Award for Excellence 2011 from Emerald Publishers for the paper titled “A Generic framework for colour texture image segmentation”
She was a member of Vision Systems Group, Centre for Image Processing and Analysis, School of Electronic Engineering, Dublin City University, Ireland. During her Ph.D., she developed a novel generic framework for colour texture segmentation. In addition, she undertook a collaborative project work between Dublin City University, Ireland and UK University on Skin Cancer Identification.
She has published over 17 peer reviewed research papers in reputed international journals and 18 research papers in the conference proceedings. She is a recognized Ph.D supervisor of Anna University. Her research interest includes biomedical image analysis, Machine learning and deep learning. She has co-authored three books.
- S.Sakthivelmurugan(PI) & Dr.N.Padmapriya (Co-PI)
Title: Offshore Excavation of Heritage rich submerged sites of Poompuhar and Mahabalipuram by empirical mode decomposition using machine learning
Funding Agency: DST-SSTP
Amount & Duration: Rs 49.99lakhs (2018-2021)
- N.Padmapriya (PI) & Dr.N.Venkateswaran(Co-PI)
Title: Development of Computer – aided Analysis for the diagnosis of Ocular diseases using IR thermal Imaging
Funding Agency: SSN Trust
Amount & Duration: Rs 4 lakhs (2018 -2020)
- Engineering Mathematics- II, Dipti Publications, 2017
- Engineering Mathematics- I, Dipti Publications, 2018
- Complex Analysis & Laplace Transforms, Dipti Publications, 2018
Full time Scholar: 1
- Convener for the “MATH and MATLAB Workshop” held on 12 &13 Feb 2018.
- Convener for the “MATH and MATLAB Workshop” held on 10thFeb 2017.
- Co-ordinator for “Two-day workshop on Advances in Applied Engineering Mathematics”, held on September 4-5, 2015.
- Co-ordinator for “Recent Developments in Medical Image Processing” held on 30-31, Oct. 2014, sponsored by ICMR & SSNCE.
- Co-ordinator for “Advanced Training Camp in Mathematics” held on 5-12, Dec.2012, sponsored by NBHM & SSNCE.