May 6, 2020
Dr. M. Sundarakannan – Assistant Professor (G3)
Dr. M. Sundarakannan is working as an Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics since June 2011. He has twelve years of teaching experience and four years of research experience (as onApril 2023). He received his B.Sc., and M.Sc., in Mathematics from Thiagarajar College, Madurai affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University; Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Research (PGDOR) from Pondicherry University and M.Phil, (Mathematics) from Madurai Kamaraj University. He qualified GATE – 2007 Mathematics examination. He worked as a Senior Research fellow in the “National Center for Advanced Research in Discrete Mathematics (n-CARDMATH)”, sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), New Delhi affiliated to Kalasalingam University, Krishnankoil on the project entitled “Domination Related Functions in Graphs”.
He has awarded his Ph.D. thesis entitled “Equivalence Domination in Graphs” and has published several research papers in international refereed journals.
Combinatorics, Discrete Mathematics, Algebra and Network on Chips (NoC).
List of Publications
- Aravindhan A, Sundarakannan M, Lakshminarayanan G and Seok‑Bum Ko, ” SaHNoC: an optimal energy efficient hybrid networks‑on‑chip architecture ” Journal of Supercomputing, 79, 6538–6559 (2023).
- AravindhanA ,Sundarakannan M, Lakshminarayanan G , Seok-Bum Ko, FRDS: An efficient unique on-Chip interconnection network architecture, Integration, the VLSI Journal, 87, 90-103, 2022.
- Aravindhan A, Sundarakannan M,Lakshminarayanan G, Seok-Bum Ko, SMA: A constructive partitioning based mapping approach for Networks-on-Chip, Microprocessors and Microsystems, October, 2022, Vol. 94 (104678), pp.1- 8.
- Deepa.P, Srinivasan.P and Sundarakannan M. “Local edge coloring of graphs”, AKCE Int. Journal of Graphs and Combinatorics., 18(2021), 29-32.
- R. Sundareswaran, S. Sampath Kumar and M. Sundarakannan, “On Zagreb Indices of Double Vertex Graphs” TWMS J. App. And Eng. Math. V.10 , N.4 , (2020), 1096-1104.
- Aravindhan A, Lakshmi Narayanan G, Sundarakannan M and Seok-Bum Ko “A Self-Adaptive Mapping Approach for Network on Chip With Low Power Consumption”,IEEE Access- Multi disciplinary, Vol 7(2019),84066-84081.
- P.Deepa, P. Srinivasan and M.Sundarakannan, “Local coloring for the Mycielskian of a Graph” Utilitas Mathematica, 106(2018),301-314.
- P.Deepa, P. Srinivasan and M. Sundarakannan, “Local Coloring of Self Complementary Graphs” AKCE Int. Journal of Graphs and Combinatorics,14 (2017) 35-41.
- Sundarakannan M., Arumugam S. Signed Cycle Domination in Planar Graphs. Lecture Notes in Computer Science(LNCS), vol 10398. Springer, Cham, (2017) pp 409-414.
- P. Deepa, P. Srinivasan and M. Sundarakannan, Local Coloring of Self Complementary Graphs, AKCE Int. Journal of Graphs and Combinatorics, 14(1), (2017) 35-41.
- S. Arumugam and M. Sundarakannan, On equality in an upper bound for equivalence domination number, Quaestiones Mathematicae, 38(1), (2015):63-71.
- S. Arumugam and M. Sundarakannan, Equivalence Dominating Sets in Graphs, UtilitasMathematica,. 91 (2013), 231-242.
- S. Arumugam and M. Sundarakannan, Equivalence Domination Number of a Tree, Proc. Jangjeon Math Soc., 15(2012) No. 3, 317-323.
- S. Arumugam and M. Sundarakannan, Equivalence Chain in graphs, J. Combin. Math. Combin. Comput., 80(2012),277-288.
Conference/ workshop Organized
- International Conference on Theoretical Computer Science and Discrete Mathematics (ICTCSDM- 2021) at SSN College of Engineering, Chennai during December 02-04, 2021. (Convener) (Sponsored by SSN Trust).
- National workshop on Linear Algebra during August 05-06, 2021.
- SSN Cube Open 2019- July 27-28 in Association with World Cube Association (WCA).
- Chennai Mind Over Matter-2018-June 16 in Association with World Cube Association (WCA).
- SSN Cube Open 2018- July 28-29 in Association with World Cube Association (WCA).
- International Conference on Theoretical Computer Science and Discrete Mathematics (ICTCSDM- 2018) at SSN College of Engineering, Chennai during December 03-05, 2018. (Convener) (Sponsored by SSN Trust, DST)
- Organized SSN CUBE OPEN 2017 in Association with World Cube Association (WCA) during 28.07.2017 to 29.07.2017
- International Conference on Theoretical Computer Science and Discrete Mathematics (ICTCSDM- 2014) at SSN College of Engineering, Chennai during December 08-10, 2014. (Convener) (Sponsored by SSN Trust, DST, NBHM, CTS)
- NBHM Sponsored National Seminar on Recent Developments in Algebraic Graph Theory at SSN College of Engineering, Chennai during July 05-06, 2013. (Coordinator)(Sponsored by NBHM)
- Workshop on Research Methodology and Latex at SSN College of Engineering, Chennai during April 19-20, 2013. (Convener).
Books / Book Chapter Published
- Book chapter published in the book titled
“Handbook of Graph Theory, Combinatorial Optimization, and Algorithms” byKrishnaiyan “KT” Thulasiraman,S.Arumugam,Andreas Brandstädt, Takao Nishizeki , December, 2015 by Chapman and Hall/CRC Press, ISBN 9781584885955 – CAT# C5955
- Book chapter published in the book titled
“Machine Learning and Data Science: Fundamentals and Applications”,
Scrivener Publishing LLC, Wiley Online Library, 2022, ISBN: 978-1-119-77647-5.
Chapter 6. A Case Study on Cluster Based Application Mapping Method for Power Optimization in 2D NoC
Aravindhan A and Sundarakannan MPage no: 89-108