May 6, 2020
Dr. M. Sundarakannan – Assistant Professor
Dr. M. Sundarakannan is working as an Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics since July, 2011. He has seven years of teaching experience and four years of research experience (as on Dec 2017). He received his B.Sc., and M.Sc., in Mathematics from Thiagarajar College, Madurai affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University; Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Research (PGDOR) from Pondicherry University and M.Phil, (Mathematics) from Madurai Kamaraj University. He qualified GATE – 2007 Mathematics examination. He worked as a Senior Research fellow in the “National Center for Advanced Research in Discrete Mathematics (n-CARDMATH)”, sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), New Delhi affiliated to Kalasalingam University, Krishnankoil on the project entitled “Domination Related Functions in Graphs”.
He has awarded his Ph.D. thesis entitled “Equivalence Domination in Graphs” and has over seven research papers accepted in international refereed journals.
Combinatorics, Discrete Mathematics and Algebra.
List of Publications
- S. Arumugam and M. Sundarakannan, On k-equivalence Domination in graphs, International Journal of Mathematical Combinatorics, 4(2010), 86-93.
- S. Arumugam and M. Sundarakannan, Equivalence Chain in graphs, J. Combin. Math. Combin. Comput., 80(2012),277-288.
- S. Arumugam and M. Sundarakannan, Equivalence Domination Number of a Tree, Proc. Jangjeon Math Soc., 15(2012) No. 3, 317-323.
- S. Arumugam and M. Sundarakannan, Equivalence Dominating Sets in Graphs, Utilitas Mathematica,. 91 (2013), 231-242.
- S. Arumugam and M. Sundarakannan, On equality in an upper bound for equivalence domination number, Quaestiones Mathematicae, 38(1), (2015):63-71.
- P. Deepa, P. Srinivasan and M. Sundarakannan, Local Coloring of Self Complementary Graphs, AKCE Int. Journal of Graphs and Combinatorics, 14(1), (2017) 35-41.
- Sundarakannan M., Arumugam S. Signed Cycle Domination in Planar Graphs. Lecture Notes in Computer Science(LNCS), vol 10398. Springer, Cham, (2017) pp 409-414.
Conference/ workshop Organized
- Workshop on Research Methodology and Latex at SSN College of Engineering, Chennai during April 19-20, 2013. (Convener)
- NBHM Sponsored National Seminar on Recent Developments in Algebraic Graph Theory at SSN College of Engineering, Chennai during July 05-06, 2013. (Coordinator)(Sponsored by NBHM)
- International Conference on Theoretical Computer Science and Discrete Mathematics (ICTCSDM- 2014) at SSN College of Engineering, Chennai during December 08-10, 2014. (Convener) (Sponsored by SSN Trust, DST, NBHM, CTS)
- Organized SSN CUBE OPEN 2017 in Association with World Cube Association (WCA) during 28.07.2017 to 29.07.2017.
Special/Invited Lectures Delivered
- Delivered a keynote address for the topic “Algebraic Concepts in Graph theory” in State level intercollegiate students seminar-Recent Advancement in Discrete Mathematics organized by Thiagarajar College, Madurai, Sep-23, 2011.
- Delivered a lecture for the topic “Typesetting in Latex” in the Instructional workshop on Latex organized by Maris Stella College, Vijayawada, Nov-19&20, 2011.
- Delivered a lecture for the topic “Spectrum of Graphs” in the Workshop on Cryptography and Graph Theory organized by St. Joseph College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur, Chennai, May 04, 2012.
- Delivered an invited talk on “Equivalence domination in graphs” in Instructional workshop on domination in graphs held at Kalasalingam University, Krishnan Koil during 30th January – 1st Feb , 2014.
- Delivered an invited talk on “A note on Local Coloring of graphs” in National Seminar on Graph Theory and its Applications held at St. Xavier’s College for Women, Aluva, Kerala during August 07 -09, 2014.
- Delivered an invited talk on “On cycle domination of weighted planar graphs” in International Conference on Graph Theory and its Applications at Amrita University, Coimbatore during 16 – 19, Dec 2015.
Books / Book Chapter Published
Book chapter published in the book titled
“Handbook of Graph Theory, Combinatorial Optimization, and Algorithms” by
Krishnaiyan “KT” Thulasiraman,
Subramanian Arumugam, Andreas Brandstädt, Takao Nishizeki
December 14, 2015 by Chapman and Hall/CRC Press
ISBN 9781584885955 – CAT# C5955
- Recognized as a research supervisor in Anna University, Chennai.
- Elected as an executive member for the period 2014 – 2016 from ACADEMY OF DISCRETE MATHEMATICS AND APPLICATIONS (ADMA).