June 2, 2020
Dr. M. Srinivasan – Research Scientist
Dr. M. Srinivasan
Dr. M. Srinivasan, Research Scientist in the SSN Research Centre has 7 years of research experience in the field of Modelling and Simulation on Silicon crystal growth and solar cells. He finished his M.Sc. degree in Physics from the Department of Theoretical and Nuclear Physics, University of Madras, Chennai. He obtained his Ph.D. degree from Anna University, Chennai. He has developed modeling and simulation lab and leading the modeling group in SSN Research Centre. As an appreciation of his commendable work, he has received financial assistance to attend the “International conference on PVSEC-25″, BEXCO, Busan, South Korea from Department of Science & Technology (DST). He has published 35 papers in Referred International Journals and proceedings, presented more than 60 papers in International/National Conferences in which he got 4 Best Paper Award. As an appreciation of his commendable work, he has received Best Researcher Award in the year of 2015-2016 from SSN Institutions. He has given four Invited Lectures at various National Conferences/Seminars. He is a founder and coordinator of Elavenil organization. He has received the “Best Novel Award” from World Tamil University, Washington, USA for his novel “SUGANYA SEITHA MAHATHANA SAADHANAIGAL”. He has written 7 books in the field of Tamil Literature. Also, he has given many science programmes in FM 90.4 MHz. Presently, he is a recognized supervisor of Anna University, Chennai, and supervising 3 full-time Ph.D. scholars. He is a life member of Indian Association for Crystal Growth. Also, he is an Executive member of Indian Science and Technology Association.
Managing Editor, Science and Technological Research Journal [ English & Tamil]
RESEARCH INTERESTS (Energy & Materials)
- Silicon solar cells
- Modeling and simulation
- Heat and Mass transfer
- Fluid dynamics
- Crystal growth process
- Density functional theory
- “Best researcher award” from SSN College of Engineering for the year of 2015-16.
- DST- Travel award (Young scientist) to attend an International conference on PVSEC-25, BEXCO, Busan, South Korea, 15-20, November 2015.
- International Conference on Modeling and Simulation 2015(ICMS-15) organized by department of computer &mechanical engineering, SASTRA University, during 25-26 March 2015 won “Best poster paper award”
- International Conference on “Energy and Environmental Engineering” (ICEEE-14), organized by Anna University BIT Campus, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, November 6-7 2014 won “Best oral presentation award“
- National Level Conference on Emerging Trends in Materials and Methods (NCETMM-2015)” organized by department of physics, K. S. R College of arts and science for women, Thiruchengode, Namakkal, on 7th October 2015 won “Best paper award”.
- 2nd National Conference on Hierarchically Structured Materials (NCHSM 2014) organized by department of physics, SRM University in Chennai, on 24th and 25th March, 2014 won “Best oral presentation award”.
- “Best student award”, Annual day function 2009, Govt. Arts and Science college Dharmapuri.
Title: Influence of germanium doping on the performance of high- performance multi-crystalline silicon, Principal Investigator: Dr. M. Srinivasan Budget: Rs.2.5 lakhs Agency: SSN Institutions Scheme: SSN Internally Funded Faculty Projects Duration: 1 year (2017)
1. Co-Convener, International Conference on Recent Trends in Applied Science and Technology 8 – 9, September 2017, Anna University, Chennai.
2. Convener, International Conference on Material Science and Technology, 28- 29 August 2017, Pachamuthu College of Arts and Science for women, Dharmapuri.
3. Coordinator, National conference on” Computational and Experimental Physics of Functional Materials” on 16 – 17 December 2016, K.S.R College of Arts and Science for women, Thiruchengode.
SELECTED PAPERS IN INTERNATIONAL PEER-REVIEWED JOURNALS
- G. Aravindan, M. Srinivasan & P. Ramasamy 2017, ‘Numerical Analysis on Effect of Annealing mc-Si Ingot Grown by DS Process for PV application’ Applied surface science (Elsevier), vol.418, pp. 207–215
- M. Srinivasan, P. Ramasamy 2017, ‘Simulation on effect of surface tension in molten silicon during mc-silicon growth process for PV applications’ Silicon, Doi.org/10.1007/s12633-017-9575-4.
- M. Srinivasan, P. Ramasamy 2017, ‘Computational modeling on influence of Schmidt number on second phase impurities SiC, Si2N2O and Si3N4 in grown mc-silicon for PV applications’ Silicon Accepted, In press
- G. Aravindan, M. Srinivasan & P. Ramasamy 2017, ‘Simulation studies of Annealing effect on mc-Si Ingot for PV Application’ Silicon, Accepted, In press
- S. G. Nagarajan, M. Srinivasan, K. Aravinth, P. Ramasamy 2017, Simulation of Directional Solidification Furnace with Bottom Opening Insulation to Grow Quality mc-Si Ingot for PV Applications, International Journal of materials research (Accepted), doi.org/10.3139/146.111513
- Srinivasan, M, Aravindan, G & Ramasamy, P 2016, ‘Modeling on control of melt convection during mc-Si growth process under the influence of magnetic field’ Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, Vol.18 pp.1045-1051
- Srinivasan, M, Karuppasamy, P, Ramasamy, P & Barua, AK 2016, ‘Numerical modeling on stress and dislocation density of multi-crystalline silicon for PV applications’, Electronic materials letters, vol. 12, pp. 431-438
- Srinivasan, M & Ramasamy, P 2016, ‘Numerical modeling on industrial scale multi-crystalline silicon growth process at critical Prandtl number for PV applications’, Silicon, Accepted, DOI: 10.1007/s12633-016-9423-y
- Srinivasan, M & Ramasamy, P 2016, ‘Numerical study on various types of stress and dislocation generation in multi-crystalline silicon at various growth stage for PV applications’, Engineering with Computers, Accepted, In press
- Srinivasan, M & Ramasamy, P 2016, ‘Numerical modelling on control of multi-crystalline silicon growth process for solar cell applications’, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced materials, vol. 18, pp. 315-321.
- Nagarajan, SG, Srinivasan, M, Aravinth, K & Ramasamy, P 2016, ‘Simulation analysis on Impurity Distribution in mc-Si Grown by Directional Solidification for Solar Cell Applications’, International journal of materials research, vol. 107, pp. 525 – 533
- Srinivasan, M & Ramasamy, P 2016, ‘Global simulation modelling on impurities of multi-crystalline silicon growth process by directional solidification method for PV applications’, optoelectronics and advanced materials-rapid communications, vol. 10, pp. 385-390.
- Srinivasan, M & Ramasamy, P 2015, ‘Numerical modeling of thermophysical properties on molten Si in multi-crystalline silicon growth process’, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced materials, vol. 17, pp. 337 – 342.
- Srinivasan, M & Ramasamy, P 2015, ‘Computational modeling on heat transfer study of molten silicon during multi-crystalline silicon growth process for PV applications’, Silicon, Vol. 9, pp.7-16.
- M. Srinivasan, P. Ramasamy 2015, Computational Study of Heat Transfer on Molten Silicon during Directional Solidification for Solar Cell Applications, Procedia Engineering- Elsevier, vol.127, pp.1250 – 1255.
- M. Srinivasan, P. Ramasamy, 2014, Modeling on directional solidification of silicon for solar cell applications, International journal of science and research, special issue: ATOM- PP 7-10.
- M. Srinivasan, P. Ramasamy 2014, Modeling of physical phenomena on Si melt during crystal growth process by Directional solidification method, International Journal of ChemTech Research, vol.6, pp .1585-1587.
- M. Srinivasan, P. Ramasamy 2014, Modelling of Multi-Crystalline Silicon Growth Process for PV Applications, International Journal of Chem Tech Research, vol.6, No.13, pp 5286- 5290.