June 2, 2020
Dr. M. Senthil Pandian – Research Scientist
Dr. M. Senthil Pandian
Research Scientists Dr. Muthu Senthil Pandian
Dr. Muthu Senthil Pandian has 16 years of research experience and 11 years of teaching experience. He received his B.Sc and M.Sc. Physics from The American College, Madurai. He received Ph.D. from Anna University, Chennai in 2013.He was one of the team members who grew the 1350 mm length and 55 diameter longest NLO single crystal. He has published 163 Papers in International Peer Reviewed Journals and 35 Papers in American Institute of Physics (AIP) and Materials Today Proceedings with the Citations: 2368, h-index: 27 and i10-index:66. He has received 7 external projectsfrom DST, SERB, DAE-BRNSwith the total budget ofRs.285.48 lakhand 17 internally funded faculty and student projects supported by SSN Trust with the total budget ofRs.33.31 lakh.He is a recognized supervisor of Anna University,Chennai and 6Full-Time Ph.D. Scholars have completed their Ph.D. and 5Full-Time Ph.D. Scholars are presently working under his guidance. 14 Post Doctoral Fellows (PDF), 4 Senior Research Fellows (SRF) and 11 Junior Research Assistants (JRA) have completed their research work under his guidance. He has delivered 133 Invited Lectures in International / National Conferences / Seminars / Workshops. More than 250 papers have been presented by his Ph.D. students in the various National/International Conferences.He has published 12 Books / Book Chapters and News Letters. He has organized 23 International / National Conferences / Seminars / Workshops / Summer Schools.
Asia Scientist Ranking was listed Dr. Muthu Senthil Pandian in one of the World Scientists in Physical Sciences for the Year 2021 and 2022.As an appreciation of his commendable work, he has received 30 Awards including Sir C.V. Raman Young Scientist Award, The Academy of Sciences-Young Scientist Award, IACG – Prof. P. Ramasamy National Award, ISPA-Prof. S. Gunasekaran National Award, Shri. P.K. Das Memorial Best Young Faculty Award, Young Scientist Awards, Young Researcher Awards, SSN Best Faculty Researcher Awards, Best Outgoing Project Award, Best Innovative Researcher Award, SSN Best Research Scholar Awards, Best Crystal Display Awards, Best Indigenous Product Presentation Award, DAE-Best Poster Awards etc. He is the Editor of Indian Association for Crystal Growth (IACG), News Letter and Editorial Board Member in several International Journals. He is serving as reviewer in many reputed international journals. He has received Certificate of Appreciation for Highly Cited Author in Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), UK in 2019.
Research Projects, Publications and Ph.D. Guidance
Projects Received : 25 (BRNS, SERB, DST-SERI, UGC-
DAE, Recycle3, Canada and SSNI)
Total Budget for the Projects : Rs.320.29lakh
International/National Awards Received : 30
International Journal Publications : 163
International ConferenceProceedings : 35 (Materials Today& AIP Proceedings)
International/National Conference Papers : 279
International/National Conference organized : 23
Invited/Special Lectures Delivered : 133
CCDC (New Structures) Deposited : 31
Book/Book Chapters/News Letters : 12
Citations for the Journal Publications : 2368
h-Index : 27
i10-Index : 66
Ph.D., PDF, SRF, JRF & JRA Guidance:
Ongoing Students : 5 (Full-Time Ph.D.)
Completed Students : 40 (6 Full-Time Ph.D. + 14 PDF + 5 JRF + 4 SRF + 11 JRA)
* External Projects received as a PI : 5 (DST, SERB, BRNS)
Total budget for the Projects : Rs.184.88 lakh
* External Projects received as a Co-PI : 2 (DST, Recycle3, Canada)
Total budget for the Projects : Rs.100.60 lakh
* Internal Projects received as a PI : 7 (SSN Trust)
Total budget for the Projects : Rs.19.50 lakh
* Internal Projects received as a Co-PI : 10 (SSN Trust)
Total budget for the Projects : Rs.13.81 lakh
Externally Funded Projects:
|No||Title of the Project||Funding Agency||Budget (in Lakh)||Duration|
|1||Development of large size and high quality Piperazine derivative single crystal: Unidirectional RSR and ISR methods||SERB||19.98||3 years(2023-2026)|
|2||Fabrications of stable Perovskite solar cells using inorganic hole transport materials||DST||77.73||3 years(2017-2020)|
|3||High quality unidirectional 4-nitrophenol derivative single crystals for SHG device applications||BRNS||29.65||3 years(2016-2019)|
|4||Device quality and bulk size high performance thermoelectric silver bismuth sulfide (AgBiS₂) and silver bismuth selenide (AgBiSe₂) single crystals for thermoelectric (TE) applications||SERB||40.70||3 years(2019-2022)|
|5||Unidirectional and bulk growth of high quality nonlinear optical (NLO) 2-amino-5-nitropyridinium (2A5NP) derivative single crystals for SHG device applications||SERB||16.60||4 years(2013-2017)|
|6||Fabrications of solid-state dye sensitized solar cells (DSSC) for stability enhancement and improved Performance||DST||73.0||3 years(2014-2017)|
Ph.D. (Full-Time) Completed : 6
|S. No||Name of the Ph.D. Student||Area||Registration Number & Date of Joining||Status|
|1||V. Sivasubramani||NLO Crystal Growth||Reg. No: 1513799171
2 January 2015
|2||P. Karuppasamy||NLO Crystal Growth||Reg. No: 16137997150
1 July 2016
|3||S. Kannadasan||Dye Sensitized Solar Cells (DSSC)||Reg. No: 1512799739
17 February 2015
|4||K. Ramachandran||Crystal Growth by Melt Techniques||Reg. No: 17137991182
2 January 2017
|5||N. Santhosh||Dye & Perovskite Solar Cells (DSSC)||Reg. No: 1513799171
8 February 2016
|6||M. William Carry||Thermoelectric Crystal Growth||Reg. No: 17147991203
2 January 2017
Shri. P. K. Das Memorial Best Young Faculty Award-2022, Sir C.V. Raman Young Scientist Award-2022, The Academy of Sciences Young Scientist Award-2021 (Saraswathy Srinivasan Prize),Young Scientist Award-2020, DAE-NLS-Best Poster Presentation Award-2020, DAE-SSPS-Best Poster Presentation Award-2019, ISPA-Indian Spectrophysics Association (ISPA) – Prof. S. Gunasekaran National Award for Spectroscopy – 2019, SSN Best Faculty Researcher Award-2019, Indian Association for Crystal Growth (IACG) – Prof. P. Ramasamy National Award for Crystal Growth – 2019, RSC Highly Cited Author – Received Certificate of Appreciation-2019, SSN Best Faculty Researcher Award-2018, DAE-SSPS-Best Poster Presentation Award-2018, DAE-SSPS-Best Poster Presentation Award-2017, Young Scientist Award-2016, SSN Best Out Coming Project Award-2016, Young Scientist Award-2016, IEEE-Best Innovative Researcher Award-2014, Young Researcher Award-2013, SSN Best Researcher Award-2012, Best Indigenous Product Presentation Award-2010, Best Crystal Display Award-2010, SSN Best Student Researcher Award-2009, Best Oral Presentation Awards and Best Poster Presentation Awards.
Professional Body Membership:
Executive Council Member in International Organization for Crystal Growth (IOCG), Life Member in Indian Association for Crystal Growth (IACG), Life Member in International Organization of Scientific Research and Development (IOSRD), Taiwan, Executive Member in Indian Science and Technology Association (ISTA), Executive Member in Elavenil Science Association (ESA), Life Member in Indian Spectrophysics Association (ISPA), Executive Member in ACT Academy.
Selected Publications in International Peer Reviewed Journals
- Influence of zirconium dioxide and titanium dioxide binders on thephotovoltaic perofrmance of dye sensitized solar cell tungsten carbide nanorods based counter electrode Vijayakumar, A. Pandikumar, M. Senthil Pandian, Huang Nay Ming, P. Ramasamy Electrochimica Acta, Vol.211, pp.375-384, September 2016.
- Growth and characterization of semi-organic third order nonlinear optical (NLO) potassium 3,5-dinitrobenzoate (KDNB) single crystals Karuppasamy, V. Sivasubramani, M. Senthil Pandian, P. Ramasamy RSC Advances, Vol.6, pp.109105-109123, November 2016.
- A facile one-step synthesis and fabrication of hexagonal palladium-carbon nanocubes (H-Pd/C NCs) and their application as an efficient counter electrode for dye-sensitized solar cell (DSSC) Ceramic International, Vol.43, pp.8466-8474, August 2017.
Vijayakumar, M. Senthil Pandian, A. Pandikumar, P. Ramasamy
- Electrochemical interfacial charge transfer dynamics and photovoltaic performances of nanofibrous vanadium derivatives-based platinum free counter electrodes in dye sensitized solar cells Vijayakumar, M. Senthil Pandian, A. Pandikumar, P. Ramasamy Materials Science and Engineering. B, Vol.222, pp.7-17, August 2017.
- Synthesis, crystal growth, physicochemical properties and quantum chemical investigations on D-π-A type organic single crystal: 2-amino-5-nitropyridinium phenolsulfonate (2A5NPP) for nonlinear optical (NLO) applications Sivasubramani, V. Mohan Kumar, M. Senthil Pandian, P. Ramasamy RSC, Crystal Engineering and Communications, Vol.19, pp.5662-5678, August 2017.
- Directional growth, physicochemical and quantum chemical investigations onSivasubramani, M. Senthil Pandian, P. Ramasamy, D. Sajan, J. George Pyridinium 2-carboxylate: 4-nitrophenol (P2C4N) single crystal for nonlinear optical (NLO) applications RSC – New Journal of Chemistry, Vol.42, pp.4261-4277, February 2018.
- Evaluation of linear and nonlinear optical properties of D-π-A type 2-amino-5- nitropyridinium dihydrogen phosphate (2A5NPDP) single crystal grown by the modified Sankaranarayanan–Ramasamy (SR) method for THz generation V. Sivasubramani, A. K. Chaudhary, M. Venkatesh, A. Raja, G. Vinitha, Muthu Senthil Pandian, P. Ramasamy Crystal Growth and Design, 19, pp.6873-6892, November 2019.
- Poly(vinylidene fluoride-co-hexafluoropropylene) additive in perovskite for stable performance of carbon-based perovskite solar cells
N. Santhosh, K. R. Acchutharaman, R. Isaac Daniel,M. Senthil Pandian, P. Ramasamy, International Journal of Energy
Investigation on Tetracycline degradation and bactericidal properties of binary and ternary ZnO/NiO/g-C3N4 composites prepared by a facile co-precipitation method N. Dinesh Babu, P. Karuppasamy, Muthu Senthil Pandian, P. Ramasamy Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, Vol.10, pp.107368, June 2022.
- Low Temperature Crystallization and Growth of CsPbIBr2 Films Through PbX2- DMSO Adduct Towards Stable and Efficient Carbon-based All-Inorganic Perovskite Solar Cells Akanksha Choubey, P. NagapandiSelvi, N. Santhosh, Muthu Senthil Pandian, P. Ramasamy International Journal of Energy Research, Vol.46, pp.9310-9322, June 2022.
Graphene quantum dots and CuSmicroflowers anchored rGO composite counter electrode for the enhanced performance of quantum dot sensitized solar cells S. Monika, M. Mahalakshmi, N. Subha, Muthu Senthil Pandian, P. Ramasamy Diamond and Related Materials, Vol.125, pp.109033, May 2022
- Effect of zinc and indium doping in chalcogenide (CdS/Te) nanocomposites towards dye-sensitized solar cell applications M. Prabhu, M. Marikkannan, M. Senthil Pandian, P. Ramasamy, K. Ramachandran Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, Vol.168, pp.110802, September 2022.
- Investigation of photo/electrocatalytic activity of hydrothermally synthesized novel copper ion modulated bi-functional NiTe2 nanoflakes A. Padmanaban, S. Bharathkumar, T. Dhanasekaran, R. Manigandan, Muthu Senthil Pandian, P. Ramasamy, D. Kathirvelu, Hector Valdes Surface and Interfaces, Vol.32, pp.102124, August 2022.
- Enhanced photo-electrocatalytic performance of the nano heterostructures based on Pr3+modified g-C3N4 and BiOI P. Velusamy, Shanhu Liu, Ruimin Xing, M. Sathiya, Awais Ahmad, Munirah D. Albaqami, Reham Ghazi Alotabi, E. Elangovan, M. Senthil Pandian, P. Ramasamy International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol.47, pp.32903-32920, September 2022.
- A Quintuple layered binary chalcogenide Sb2Te3 single crystal and its transport properties for thermoelectric applications A. Raja, Ro.Mu. Jauhar, K. Ramachandran, V. Sivasubramani, K. Ramesh, M. Senthil Pandian, P. Ramasamy ACS Omega, Vol.32, pp.27798-27803, July 2022.
- Ambient-Air Fabrication of Efficient and Stable Carbon-based Inorganic Perovskite Solar Cell based on CsPbIBr2 Film via Organic Salt Passivation Akanksha Choubey, P. NagapandiSelvi, N. Santhosh, Muthu Senthil Pandian, P. Ramasamy Solar Energy, Vol.245, pp.265-277, October 2022.
- Incorporation of Ti3+ metal ions in chemically spray deposited CdO thin films for optoelectronic and chem-resistive based formaldehyde gas sensor applications P. Velusamy, R. Ramesh Babu, SathiyaMahakrishnan, Awais Ahmad, MunirahAlbaqami, RehamAlotabi, ElangovanElamurugu, Muthu Senthil Pandian, P. Ramasamy RSC-New Journal of Chemistry, Vol.46, pp.22469-22485, October 2022.
- Preparation of CoFe2O4/SiO2 nanocomposite as potential electrode materials for supercapacitors K. Mohamed Racik, S. Anand, S. Muniyappan, S. Nandhini, S. Ramesh Kumar, M. Dineshkumar, P. Karuppasamy, Muthu Senthil Pandian, P. Ramasamy Inorganic Chemistry Communications, Vol.146, pp.110036, December 2022.
- Nitrogen implanted carbon nanosheets derived from Acorus calamus as an efficient electrode for the supercapacitor application N. Kumaresan, Mohamad S. Alsalhi, P. Karuppasamy, M. Praveen Kumar, Muthu Senthil Pandian, A. Arulraj, Shaik GousePeera, R.V. Mangalaraja, S. Devanesan, P. Ramasamy, G. Murugadoss Molecular Catalysis, Vol.538, pp.112978, January 2023
- Investigate the suitability of g-C3N4 nanosheets ornamented with BiOI nanoflowers for photocatalytic dye degradation and PEC water splitting P. Vellusamy, Xinghui Liu, M. Sathiya, Norah Salem Alsaiari, Fatimah Mohammed Alzahrani, M. Tariq Nazir, ElangovanElamurugu, Muthu Senthil Pandian, Fuchun Zhang, Chemosphere, Vol.321, pp.138007, February 2023.