April 29, 2020
Dr. D. Thenmozhi – Associate Professor
Dr. D. Thenmozhi is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science at SSN College of Engineering, Chennai, India, since November 2000 and she has 27 years of teaching and research experience. She received her B.E degree in Computer Science Engineering from Madras University, and M.E in Computer Science and Engineering from Anna University. She received her PhD in Natural Language Processing from Anna University, Chennai.
Dr. Thenmozhi is a member of the Machine Learning Research Group of SSN and her research area includes natural language processing, machine learning, and data science. She has published more than 90 research papers in the International Journals and Conferences. She has published 3 books. She received grants from DST for two projects of Rs.52 Lakhs. Dr. Thenmozhi published 2 patents. She is guiding 6 Ph.D scholars. She received the Best Teacher award of SSN Institutions 7 times. She is an associate editor for ACM TALLIP journal and guest editor for the special issues of TALLIP and CSL journals.
Areas of Research:
Natural Language Processing, Data Science
- Sampath, Kayalvizhi, and Thenmozhi Durairaj. “PReLCaP: Precedence Retrieval from Legal Documents Using Catch Phrases.” Neural Processing Letters, 54(5), 3873-3891, 2022.
- Arunima Sundar, Akshay Ramakrishnan, Avantika Balaji, Thenmozhi Durairaj, “Hope Speech Detection for Dravidian Languages Using Cross-Lingual Embeddings with Stacked Encoder Architecture”, Springer – SN Computer Science, 3(1), 1-15, 2022.
- Kalaivani, A., and D. Thenmozhi. “Sentimental analysis using deep learning ttechniques.” International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE), 7(1) 600-606, 2019.
- Thenmozhi, D., and Chandrabose Aravindan. “Ontology-based Tamil–English cross-lingual information retrieval system.” Sādhanā, 43, 1-14, 2018.
- Thenmozhi, D., and Chandrabose Aravindan. “Paraphrase identification by using clause-based similarity features and machine translation metrics.” The Computer Journal, 59(9), 1289-1302, 2016.
- Thenmozhi, D., and Chandrabose Aravindan. “An automatic and clause-based approach to learn relations for ontologies.” The Computer Journal, 59(6), 889-907, 2016.
D. Thenmozhi, S. Kayalvizhi , “An Automated Tool for Early Detection of Depression from Social Media Text using Deep Learning Approach”, FER response submitted during June 2022
Kshitij Sharma, Kiruthika J, Raghav R, D. Thenmozhi, “Blind Abled Reading Frame (BARF)”, FER response submitted during December 2022
Externally Funded Projects
1.Title: An Automated Tool for Early Detection of Depression from social media Text for Mental Health using Deep Learning Approach to Assist Student Counsellors and Psychiatrists of Hospitals in India
Funding agency: DST
Amount: ₹ 28.14 Lakhs
Year: Feb 2019 to Feb 2022
2. Title: BARF – Blind Abled Reading Frame
Funding agency: DST – TDP scheme
Amount: ₹ 24 Lakhs
Year: 3 years from February 2023
Internally Funded Projects
1. S.A.S. Ring (Safe and Sound), ₹10,000
2. Blind Abled Reading Frame, ₹ 9,000
3. Early warning system for remote village fraternity for prevention of human-animal conflict, ₹15,000
4. Rescue Bot Using Live Human Detection and Object Recognition, ₹10,000,
5. Object Recognition Bot, ₹25,000
6. Smart Metro Water Transportation, ₹10,000
7. The Robotic Arm Manipulation, ₹ 25,000
8. A Multilevel Secure Banking Application for Visually Impaired (MLSBAVI), ₹ 25,000
D. Thenmozhi, Felix Enigo, Srinethe, Sruthi Ramakrishnan, “Standardization of Parameters”, Caterpillar.
ACM, IEEE, CSI, and ISTE
Title: An Automated Tool for Early Detection of Depression from Social Media Text for Mental Health using Deep Learning Approach to Assist Student Counsellors and Psychiatrists of Hospitals in India
Funding Agency: DST-SERB.
Research Citations and Publications
Link to Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=gQRc6CgAAAAJ&hl=en
Link to Scopus: https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=37079700700
Link to DBLP: https://dblp.uni-trier.de/pers/hd/t/Thenmozhi:D=
Link to Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/D_Thenmozhi