- To become a Center of Excellence in biomedical engineering for the prosperity of the country, ensuring quality health service delivery, education, and research
- M1. To educate students to understand the human body as an integrated system through quantitative engineering analysis and to use that understanding to design better therapeutic strategies, devices, and diagnostics.
- M2. To serve the society by conducting research that develops quantitative linkages across scales in the human body and use that development to build new tools to improve human health.
- M3. To catalyze interactions between biologists, physical scientists, and engineers to benefit medicine and human health.
- M4. To create indigenous and enabling technologies through innovative and evidence-based interventions and practices for the improvement of human health and health care.