Dr. K. Jagannathan
B.Tech (Chemical Engineering), Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, India (1997)
M.Tech (Chemical Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India (2002)
Ph.D (Chemical Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India (2006)
Dr. K. Jagannathan, Associate Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering has over 16 years of teaching and research experience. Heis an Alma mater of CIT and IITM. His previous employers are MARA University of Technology (UiTM), Malaysia, Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University, Vellore (India), IIT Madras and Priyadarshini Engineering College (India).
His research interests are biological and physico-chemical treatment of pollutants, advanced oxidation processes including visible light photocatalysis, Air Pollution monitoring and modelling, artificial intelligence for predictive modelling and Environmental Biotechnology.
He has published over 50 research papers in various International journals and conference proceedings (isi indexed) besides a couple of book chapters. He also has received a couple of innovative research awards and a copyright/IPR.
After having guided already 5 post graduate students, currently he is guiding 3 PhD students and 5 post graduatestudents. As a Principal Investigator, he has successfully completed 4 externally funded research projects and involved in several other research projects as a Co-Investigator.
He has visited Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea and Thailand. He is listed in the Morquis who’s who in the world-2006, 2014 & 2015 and alsoWho’s Who in Science and Engineering 2016-2017
He is a member of the following professional bodies:
(1) Institution of Chemical Engineers, (IChemE (UK), Associate Member,99951053/2011)
(2) Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, (IIChE,Life Member, LM40430 / 2010)
(3) Indian Society for Technical Education, (ISTE, Life Member, LM74072 / 2010)
(4) International Association of Engineers, (IAENG, Member, 133569/2013)
(5) Asia-Pacific Chemical, Biological & Environmental Engineering Society, (APCBEES, Senior Member, 100823/2013)
(6) Science and Engineering Institute, (SCIEI, Member, 20131213005/2013)
For more details, please visit Linkedin and Google Scholar