Dr.R.Parthiban, Professor in Chemical Engineering department has 20 years of teaching experience and 2 ½ of industrial experience.
He received his B.Tech Chemical Engineering from Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, BharathiarUniversity during 1990 and M.Tech Chemical Engineering Plant Design from RegionalEngineeringCollege, BharathidasanUniversity during 1994.
He received his Ph D in Studies on Tapered Fluidized Anaerobic Bio Reactor for the treatment of wastewater’ from Central Leather Research Institute, Anna University Chennai in the year 2008.
He has industrial experience of 2 years in SIV Industries Ltd and around one year in Neycer (I) Ltd. He worked for an year in Shanmugha College of Engineering.
Before joining SSN, he worked in Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, (SVCE) Pennalur, Sriperumbudur Tk., during 1996 – 2015. He has worked in various capacities as Lecturer, Head of the Department, Vice Principal and Principal. During his tenure at SVCE, he was instrumental in setting up of all the laboratories in Chemical Engineering department. Under his guidance the department has received “IIChE Best Student Chapter Award” for seven times consecutively from 2006 to 2013.
He has received CTS – SVCE Best Faculty Award – 2014 for the outstanding performance for the academic year 2013- 14.
He has completed the AICTE – RPS project for an amount of Rs. 4,77,700/- for the project “Dynamic modeling and control of direct alcohol based PEM fuel cell” during February 2013 – October 2015.
He has also received a grant of Rs. 14,39,150/-from AICTE under Modernization and Removal of Obsolescence Scheme (MODROBS) for the project “Modernization of Heat Transfer Operations Laboratory” during March 2012.
He has also received the following the two grants from AICTE under Seminar grant for conducting
- FDP on “Contemporary Research and Practices in Pollutant Elimination Systems towards Cleaner Environment”– organized during 20th – 26th May 2013. (Rs. 1,75,000 ) and
- National Level Conference on “Advances in Computational Methods for the simulation of Transport Processes in Engineering”– organized during 24th – 26th June 2015. (Rs.1,80,000/-)
He is a Chartered Engineer (India) and Life Member of various professional bodies viz., The Institution of Engineers (India), Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, The Indian Society for Technical Education, The Institution of Public Health Engineers, International Association of Engineers, Indian Water Works Association, Indian Institution of Plant Engineers, Energy & Fuel Users Association of India.
He has published over 43 research publications in refereed international and national journals and 10 papers in indexed conferences. He has also presented over 20 papers in national and international conferences.
He has authored 7 books and 2 book chapters.
He has guided one Ph D scholar and presently guiding 3 Ph D scholars. He is currently working in the area of Convective Heat Transfer, Wastewater treatment and Fuel Cells.
He teaches Mass Transfer I and II, Heat Transfer.
Some of the publications are.
1. Parthiban R., Iyer P.V.R., and Sekaran G. (2007), ‘Anaerobic tapered fluidized bed reactor for starch wastewater treatment and modeling using multilayer perceptron neural network’, J. Environ. Sci. Vol.19, No.12, pp. 1416-1423, ISSN:1001-0742,
2. Zsolt Csaba Johanyák, Parthiban R. and Sekaran G. (2007), ‘Fuzzy Modeling for an Anaerobic Tapered Fluidized Bed Reactor’, Transactions on Automatic Control and Computer Science, Scientific Bulletin of Politehnica University of Timisoara, Romania, Vol. 52 (66), No.2, pp. 67-72. ISSN 1224 – 600 X
3. Parthiban R., (2011), ‘Biodegradation kinetics during different start up of the anaerobic tapered fluidized bed reactor’ Songklanakarin Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 33, No.5, pp 539-544. ISSN: 01253395
4. Parthiban R, LathaParthiban, Porselvam S and Ravindranath E (2012), ‘Multilayer perceptron modeling for UASB reactor treating tannery effluent’ International Journal of Environmental Sciences, Vol. 2, No.3, pp. 1504 – 1511. ISSN 0976 – 4402
5. Prabhu D and Parthiban R, (2012), ‘Fabrication of super paramagnetic Fe3O4 particles-polypyrrole-(PPY) for biomedical applications’, International Journal of Current Science., Vol 2, pp. 140 – 143. ISSN 2250 – 1770
6. Govindarasu,R.,Parthiban R.,, Bhaba P.K., (2012), ‘Investigation of Flow Mal-distribution in Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell Stack’, International Journal of Renewable Energy Research, Vol.2, No.4, pp. 652 – 656. ISSN: 1309-0127
7. R.Parthiban, N Nagarajan, V Mahendra Kumaran, D Senthil Kumar (2013), ‘Dynamic modelling and simulation of crude fractionation column with three side strippers using Aspen HYSYS Dynamics: A best practice for crude distillation column dynamic modelling’, Journal of Petroleum and Gas Exploration Research, Vol. 3, No.3, pp. 31-39. ISSN 2276-6510
8. R.Govindarasu, R.Parthiban, P.K.Bhaba, S. SankaraBharathi (2013), ‘Performance Evaluation of Liquid Feed Direct Methanol Fuel Cell’, International Journal of Environment and Bioenergy, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp.178-183. ISSN: 2165-8951
9. Prabhu D and Parthiban R, (2013),’ Synthesis and Characterization of Nanoscale Zero Valent Iron (NZVI) Nanoparticles for Environmental Remediation’, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2013, Vol. 3, No.4, pp 93-97. ISSN- 2231–5705 (Print)
10. R. Govindarasu, R. Parthiban, and P.K. Bhaba,(2014) ‘Recent evolutions in modeling of direct methanol fuel cell’, Elixir Chem. Engg. 72 pp.25428-25433
11. R.Govindarasu, R.Parthiban, P.K.Bhaba, (2014) “Studies on implementation of PI Control techniques in Direct Methanol Fuel Cell”, International Journal of ChemTech Research, 6(9), 4148-4153, ISSN: 0974-4290.
12. R.Govindarasu, R.Parthiban, P.K.Bhaba, (2014) “Coefficient diagram: A novel tool in polynomial controller design”, International Journal of Chemical Sciences, 12(4), 1645-1654, ISSN: 0972-768X
13. R.Govindarasu, R.Parthiban, P.K.Bhaba, (2014) “Design and implementation of Polynomial PI control strategy in Direct Methanol Fuel Cell”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 9(24), 25841-25848, ISSN: 0973-4562
14. Senthilkumar Ramalingam, Latha Parthiban, Parthiban Rangasamy, (2014) ‘Biosorption Modeling with Multilayer Perceptron for Removal of Lead and Zinc Ions Using Crab Shell Particles’, Arab J Sci Eng (2014) Vol.39. No.12, pp. 8465–8475, DOI 10.1007/s13369-014-1412-0, ISSN 1319-8025
15. Vijayalakshmy Naagaraj, R.Parthiban, Guhan Srinivasan, ‘Synthesis and characterization of Sulphonated Poly (Ether Ether Ketone)-Phosphorized (Zirconia) Nano-Composites as polymer electrolyte for fuel cell application’, Research & Reviews on Electrochemistry, Trade Science Inc., Vol. 5, No.3, pp. 60 – 68
16. G.Ganesh Raja, R.Parthiban, K.Pandian, (2014) “Effective removal of antibiotic metronidazole from water by using bimetallic nanoparticles” Journal of Innovative Research and Solution, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 245 – 253, Print- ISSN: 2320 1932 / Online ISSN – 2348 3636
17. R.Govindarasu, R.Parthiban, P.K.Bhaba(2014), “Experimental Characterization of Direct Methanol Fuel Cell based on manifold design”, International Journal of Applied Chemistry, Vol 10(2), 197-203, ISSN: 0973-1792.
18. Thangamani Arumugam, Latha Parthiban and Parthiban Rangasamy, (2015) ‘Two-Phase Anaerobic Digestion Model of a Tannery Solid Waste: Experimental investigation and Modeling with ANFIS’, Arab J SciEng (2015) Vol. 40, No.2, pp. 279-288, DOI 10.1007/s13369-014-1408-9, ISSN 1319-8025
19. D. Prabu,, R. Parthiban, P. Senthil Kumar, Nupur Kumari, Paharika Saikia, (2015) ‘Adsorption of copper ions onto nano scale zero-valent iron impregnated cashew nut shell’, Desalination and Water Treatment, doi: 10.1080/19443994.2015.1007488, pp. 1-16
20. D. Prabu, R. Parthiban, P. Senthil Kumar, S. Karthick Raja Namasivayam, (2015) ‘Synthesis, Characterization and antibacterial activity of nano Zero-Valent iron impregnated cashew nut shell’, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, ISSN- 0975-1491 Vol 7, Issue 1, pp.139-141
21. D Prabu and R Parthiban, (2015) ‘Synthesis and characterization of oleic acid stabilized magnetic- Polypyrrole (PPy) Core-Shell nanoparticles via emulsion polymerization, International Journal of ChemTech Research, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 1689 – 1692, ISSN : 0974-4290
22. D. Prabu, R Parthiban and P. Senthilkumar (2015), ‘Adsorptive separation of phenol from aqueous solution using nano zero-valent iron impregnated cashew nut shell’, International journal of Pharma and biosciences, Vol. 6, No 2., pp. 129 – 140, ISSN: 0975-6299.
23. Vijayalakshmy Naagaraj, Parthiban R., Guhan Srinivasan, (2015) ‘Synthesis and characterization of sulphonated poly (ether ether ketone)-poly (vinyl pyrrolidone) blend membranes for fuel cell applications, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562 Vol. 10 No.63, pp. 222 – 227.
24. R.Parthiban, S.Sivaraja, D.Senthilkumar, (2015) ‘Modeling and simulation of fractionation column using ASPEN HYSYS – A best practice for crude distillation column steady state modeling”, , International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562 Vol. 10 No.63, pp. 248– 251.
25. G.Ganesh Raja, R.Parthiban, K.Pandian, (2015) ‘Effective removal of antibiotic metronidazole from water by using carboxymethyl cellulose stabilized nanoscale zerovalent iron’, , International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562 Vol. 10 No.63, pp. 290– 295.
26. Sivaraja Subramania Pillai, Balakumar P K., Sudha G., and Parthiban R.,(2015) ‘Heat Transfer Analysis of Extruded Fin over Conventional Rectangular Fins by Numerical Simulation’, Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 812, pp. 130 – 135, © (2015) Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland, doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.812.130
27. Parthiban R., Iyer P.V.R. and Sekaran G., (2008) ‘Anaerobic Tapered Fluidized bed reactor for the treatment of Sago Industry Effluent’, Indian Chemical Engineer. Vol. 50, No.4, pp.323 – 333. ISSN–0019 –4506