Dr. G. Selvakumar
Dr. G. Selvakumar, M.E., Ph.D.,
Dr. G. Selvakumar obtained his B.E. (Mechanical Engineering) degree with distinction from National Engineering College, Kovilpatti (Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli) in 1999. He completed his M.E. (Computer Aided Design) degree also with distinction in 2003 from Government College of Engineering, Salem (Periyar University, Salem). He completed his Ph.D. degree from Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India in 2013. His Ph.D. thesis was titled ‘Analysis and Optimization of Die Corner Accuracy in Wire Electrical Discharge Machining (WEDM)’.
His area of interest includes advanced manufacturing systems and decision technology.
Presently 8 Ph.D. scholars of Anna University, Chennai are pursuing research under his supervision. He has published 7 international journal papers, edited 1 book and 10 conference papers. He has around 13 + years of teaching experience in Engineering colleges and 6 + years of research experience. He was the secretary of ‘Society for Manufacturing Engineers’ for 3 years and associate editor of ‘Journal of Manufacturing Engineering’ for 2.5 years.
He is a reviewer of international Journals published by Springer and Emerald. He has organized one international conference titled ‘Recent Advances in Material Processing Technology (RAMPT: 2009)’ and a TNSCST sponsored program on ‘‘Science and Technology capacity building for industrial needs’. He has delivered invited talk in FDTP and other sponsored programs.
Edited Book (s) Published: (1)
- S.L.Mannan, K.Manisekar, G.Selvakumar, Proceedings of 2nd international conference on ‘Recent Advances in Material Processing Technology (RAMPT:2009)’, ISBN: 978-81-904334-1-9. Published by: Society for Manufacturing Engineers (SME), National Engg., College, KR Nagar-628 503, TN.
International Journal Publications: (6)
- G.Selvakumar, G.Sornalatha, S.Sarkar and S.Mitra (2014), “Experimental Investigation and Multi-objective Optimization of Wire Electrical Discharge Machining (WEDM) of Aluminum-5083 Alloy”, Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, Elsevier, Vol. 24, Pp. 373-379. (DOI: 10.1016/S1003-6326(14)63071-5)
- G.Selvakumar, S.Sarkar and S.Mitra (2013), “An Experimental analysis of Single pass cutting of Aluminum 5083 alloy in different Corner angles through WEDM”, International Journal of Machining and Machinability of Materials (IJMMM), Inderscience, Vol.13, Nos. 2/3, pp.262-275. (DOI: 10.1504/IJMMM.2013.053227)
- G.Selvakumar, G.Sornalatha, S.Sarkar and S.Mitra (2013), “Multi-Response Optimization of WEDM Parameters on Aluminum 5083 Alloy Using Taguchi Based Grey Analysis”, Journal of Machining and Forming Technologies (JMFT), Nova Science Publishers, Inc. USA, Vol.5, Issue 1-2, Pp. 89-96. (ISSN: 1947-4369)
- G.Selvakumar, S.Sarkar and S.Mitra (2012), “Experimental Investigation on die corner accuracy for wire electrical discharge machining of Monel 400 alloy”, Proceedings of IMechE Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 226(10) 1694–1704 Sage publishers, (DOI: 10.1177/0954405412456660)
- G.Selvakumar, S.Sarkar and S.Mitra (2012), “Experimental Analysis on WEDM of Monel 400 alloy in a Range of Thicknesses”, International Journal of Modern Manufacturing Technologies, Politehnium Publishing House, ‘GHEORGHE ASACHI’ Technical University of Iasi, Romania, Vol. IV, No. 1 / 2012, pp. 113-120. (ISSN: 2067-3604)
- H.Kanagasabapathy, Kn K S K Chokalingam, D.Venkatkumar and G.Selvakumar, (2008) “ Stress analysis at knuckle of variable thicknesses in Tori-spherical end vessels using axi-symmetric shell finite element”, Journal. of structural Engineering, Vol.35, No.2, June-July 2008, Pp 102-107. ISSN 0970-0137.
- G.Selvakumar, K.Bravilin Jiju, S.Sarkar and S.Mitra (2016), “Enhancing Die Corner Accuracy through Trim Cut in WEDM”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology (IJAMT), Springer, Vol. 83 (5-8), Pp.791-803. DOI: 10.1007/s00170-015-7606-0; ISSN: 0268-3768.
National Journal Publications
Selvakumar G and Selvaraj M (2015), “An Efficient Algorithm for Numerical Function Optimization: Particle Swarm Optimization”, Journal of Manufacturing Engineering, Society for Manufacturing Engineers (SME), India, Vol. 10, Issue 4, Dec 2015, Pp. 223-228. ISSN: 0973-6867.
Publication & citation details available at: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?hl=en&user=pMM3aNMAAAAJ&view_op=list_works&authuser=1%20http://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.url?authorId=55509067900