Dr. K. Jayakumar
Dr. K. Jayakumar, Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering has 10 years of academic experience as on July 2014 including 2 years of research experience at National Institute of Technology Calicut (NITC), Kerala in the field of Manufacturing Engineering.
He received his B.E. degree in Mechanical Engineering from Mookambigai college of Engineering, Trichy, India, in 2002 and M.E. degree in Manufacturing Engineering from Government College of Technology (GCT), Coimbatore in 2004. He has completed his PhD at NIT Calicut (September 2014) in the area of synthesis, characterization and end milling studies on aluminium based metal matrix composites.
Before joining in SSNCE, he has worked in the Department of Aerospace Engineering, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), ISRO at Thiruvananthapuram from July 2009 to May 2014 (5years). Before that he worked in SASTRA University, Thanjavur (June 2006- July 2007: 1 year), K. L. N College of Engineering, Madurai (August 2005-May 2006: 1 year) and Anna University, Trichy (August 2004- July 2005: 1 year).
Area of Research:
Machining studies on metal matrix composite, Material characterization, Manufacturing processes, Design of experiments and optimization techniques.
- Reviewer (Proc IMechE Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture), SAGE publication, UK.
- Life Member, ISTE and IWS.
- Attended 16 faculty development programmes for 60 days related to materials and manufacturing sciences.
He is a recognized supervisor for guiding Ph.D and M.S (By Research) scholars of Anna University, Chennai and currently three Ph.D scholars under Anna University are working in his supervision.
He has produced 100% results in GE6152- Engineering Graphics (2 times), ME6402-Manufacturing Technology II and ME 6504 Metrology and Measurements in Anna university end semester examination.
He won the Best paper award for his paper titled “Experimental studies on Drilling of 410 stainless steel” in International Conference on Emerging Trends in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering” (IMME-17) at NIT, Trichy on 10-12th March 2017.
He organized following two national conferences funded by SSN Trust
1. National Conference for Mechanical Engineering Research Scholars (MERS-2017) on 31-03-2017. (https://sites.google.com/a/ssn.edu.in/mers2017/).
2. National Conference on Processing and Characterization of Advanced Engineering Materials (NCPCAEM – 2016) on 06-05-2016. (https://sites.google.com/a/ssn.edu.in/https-sites-google-com-site-ncpcaem2016/).