Dr. R. Damodaram
He completed his B. Tech (Mechanical Engineering) from Sri Kalahastheeswara Institute of Technology, Srikalahasti, Chittoor Dist, Andra Pradesh. He did his M.E (Manufacturing Engineering) from Madras Institute of Technology (MIT), Anna University, Chennai. He obtained his Ph. D. from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – Madras, Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Chennai.
His areas of research interest include:
- Materials Joining
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials
- Material Science & Engineering
He has published 5 international journal papers and he has presented 8 papers in the international and national level conferences.
He teaches Manufacturing Technology-I.
List of Publications
1) R. Damodaram, S. Ganesh Sundara Raman, G. Madhusudhan Reddy, K. Prasad Rao, Hot Tensile and Stress Rupture Properties of Friction Welded Alloy 718 Joints. Materials Science and Engineering: A, Vol. 612, pp-414-422, 2014, Impact Factor: 2.108, doi:10.1016/j.msea.2014.06.076; Cited by 0.
2) K.G Prashanth, R. Damodaram, S. Scudino, Z. Wang, K. Prasad Rao, J. Eckert, Friction welding of Al-12Si parts produced by selective laser melting, Materials and Design, Vol.57, pp-632-637, 2014, Impact Factor: 2.913. doi:10.1016/j.matdes.2014.01.026; Cited by 0.
3) R. Damodaram, S. Ganesh Sundara Raman, K. Prasad Rao, Effect of post-weld heat treatments on microstructure and mechanical properties of friction welded alloy 718 joints, Materials and Design, Vol. 53, pp-954-961, 2014, Impact Factor: 2.913. doi:10.1016/j.matdes.2013.07.091; Cited by 2.
4) R. Damodaram, S. Ganesh Sundara Raman, K. Prasad Rao, Microstructure and mechanical properties of friction welded alloy 718, Materials Science and Engineering: A, Vol. 560, pp-781-786, 2013, Impact Factor: 2.108, doi:10.1016/j.msea.2012.10.035, Cited by 3.
5) K. Prasad Rao, R. Damodaram, H. Khalid Rafi, G.D. Janaki Ram, G. Madhusudhana Reddy, R.Nagalakshmi, Friction surfaced Stellite6 coatings, Materials Characterization, Vol. 70, 111-116, 2012, Impact Factor: 1.88, doi:10.1016/j.matchar.2012.05.008, Cited by 5.