Dr. S. Rajkumar did B.E in Mechanical Engineering from Shanmugha college of Engineering, Tanjore, Bharadhidasan University in 1994, M.E in Internal Combustion Engineering from College of Engineering Guindy, Anna University and PhD in Mechanical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Madras. He has 8 years of teaching, 6 years of research and 7 years of industrial experiences.
During PhD, his research work involved development of own code for phenomenological modeling of combustion and emission characteristics of multiple-injection common rail direct injection (CRDI) diesel engines. This model concerns the essential physics involved in the spray, mixing, combustion and emission processes of multiple-injection technique and it is validated with a wide range of experimental results. The model is likely to be a helpful tool for engine design guidance.
12 technical papers in referred International journals, 5 technical papers in International conferences and 2 technical papers in National conferences.
- Gold medal for University First rank in Master of Engineering from CEG, Anna University.
- Best teacher award from the Department of Mechanical Engineering for the academic year 2004-2005 in Sri Muthukumaran Institute of Technology during previous employment.
- Best paper award for a paper titled “Modeling of spray processes in high pressure multiple-injection CRDI engines” in the 22nd national conference on IC Engines and Combustion (NCICEC) conducted by Combustion Institute at NIT Calicut on December 2011.
Areas of Interest:
Phenomenological combustion and emission modeling of internal combustion engine, Alternative fuels, CFD simulation of I.C. engines.
Engineering thermodynamics, Thermal engineering, Gas dynamics and Jet Propulsion and Advanced IC engines
List of publications in Refereed Journals
- S. Rajkumar, Pramod S. Mehta and Shamit Bakshi. Parametric Investigation for NOx and Soot Emissions in Multiple-injection CRDI Engine using Phenomenological Model. SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-1810. Cited by 1
- S. Rajkumar, Pramod S. Mehta and Shamit Bakshi. Parametric Investigation for NOx and Soot Emissions in Multiple-injection CRDI Engine using Phenomenological Model. SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-1810. Cited by 3
- S. Rajkumar, Pramod S Mehta and Shamit Bakshi. Phenomenological modeling of combustion and emissions for multiple-injection CRDI engines, International Journal of Engine Research, 13 (4), 307-322, 2012. Cited by 7
- S. Rajkumar and G. Sudarshan. Multi-zone phenomenological model of combustion and emission characteristics and parametric investigations for split injections and multiple injections in common-rail direct-injection diesel engines, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering. 2014. Cited by 1
- P. S. Srivathsan, B. Praveen Ramanujam, V. V. S. S. Praneeth, K. Prasanth and S. Rajkumar, CFD Modeling of Combustion and Emission Characteristics of Diesel Lean Premixed Combustion Engine. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol. 10 No.2, 2015, pp. 1590-1595.
- Febi Ponwin S P R and S. Rajkumar, Methods for improving lift force of wind turbine aerofoil blades during low wind speed conditions – A review. Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 787 (2015) pp 134-137.
- R. Maradona and S. Rajkumar, CFD analysis of Heat transfer characteristics of Helical Coil Heat Exchangers. Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 787 (2015) pp 172-176.
- S. Rajkumar and G. Sudarshan, Influence of engine speed on mixing and emission characteristics of multiple-injection common rail direct injection diesel engine. Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 787 (2015) pp 702-706.
- G. Sudarshan and S. Rajkumar, Zero-Dimensional Analysis of Combustion in a Multiple-Injection CRDI Engine using Wiebe Law. Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 787 (2015) pp 707-711.
- Thangaraja and S. Rajkumar. Effect of Saturation and Unsaturation of Fatty Methyl Esters on Biodiesel NOx Emission Characteristics, Applied Mechanics and Materials Vol. 787 (2015) pp 766-770.
- M Jayamurugan and S. Rajkumar , Modeling the spray characteristics of biodiesel. Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 813-814 (2015) pp 846-850.
- S. Rajkumar and J. Thangaraja. Multi-zone Phenomenological Combustion Modeling of Bio-diesel fuelled Compression Ignition Engine. Accepted for publication in International Journal of Engine Research, Sage Publications, UK and available online. doi:10.1177/1468087415627244, 2016.