News & Events
- Dr.N.Nagarajan, Associate Professor gave a talk on the topic ” Concept of CETP and role of Civil Engineer” on 24.01.2015
- Dr.Sivapriya S.V, Associate Professor, has attended a Indo –Us workshop on Pile Foundation,VIT – Vellore, January 24th,2015
- Ms.Sangeetha.P, Assistant Professor, has attended a Faculty Development Program on “Design of Steel Structures”,College of Engineering Guindy, Chennai,December 10 -17th, 2014
- Dr.Sivapriya S.V, Associate Professor, has attended a Workshop on Geotechnical Investigation,JNTU- Kakinada ,December 17, 2014
- Dr.Sivapriya S.V, Associate Professor, has attended a National Conference titled “Indian Geotechnical Conference”,JNTU – Kakinada,December 18 – 20th, 2014
- Ms.Sangeetha.P, Assistant Professor, has attended a Faculty Development Program on Behaviour Management, SSNCE – Chennai, December 22 and 23rd, 2014
- Ms.Sumetha.R, Assistant Professor, has attended a Faculty Development Program on Behaviour Management, SSNCE – Chennai, |December 22 nd and 23rd, 2014
- Dr.Sreehari.P , Professor, has attended a International Conference on “Modeling Tools for Sustainable Water Resources Management”,IIT – Hyderabad,December 26 – 29th, 2014
- Dr.R.Rajkumar, Associate Professor gave a talk on the topic ” Performance of Buried flexible plastic pipes” on 27.11.2014
- Dr.Md.Haneefa, Associate Professor gave a talk on the topic ” Performance testing and evaluation of special concretes for sodium cooled fast breeder reactors” on 04.10.2014
- Ms.Sangeetha.P, Assistant Professor, has attended a workshop on “Introduction to Finite Element Analysis using COMSOL”, Chennai, September 26th, 2014
- Dr.Sivapriya S.V, Associate Professor, has attended a Workshop on Liquid Limit and Beyond, IIT-Madras,August 16th,2014
- Dr.R.Rajkumar, Associate Professor, has attended a International Conference titled “Advances in Architecture, Urban Planning, Material Engineering and Civil / Environmental Dynamics,Jawarhalal Nehru University, New Delhi,26 – 27th,July 2014
- Dr.B.Mahalingam, Associate Professor, has attended a International Conference titled “Advances in Architecture, Urban Planning, Material Engineering and Civil / Environmental Dynamics”,Jawarhalal Nehru University, New Delhi,26 – 27th,July 2014
- Ms.P.Sangeetha, Assistant Professor, gave a talk on the topic ” Study on Composite Space Truss” on 21.06.2014
- Dr.Y.K.Sabapathy, Professor, has attended “8th International Conference on Science, Engineering and Technology (SET)”,VIT-Chennai on May 6th to 7th 2014
- Ms.Sangeetha.P, Assistant Professor, has attended “International conference on innovations in Civil Engineering”,SCMS School of Engineering and Technology- Cochin on May 8th and 9th,2014
- Ms.R.Sumetha, Assistant Professor, gave a talk on the topic ” Public Transport Demand Analysis – A Case Study of Tiruchirappalli City” on 30.04.2014
Monthly activities for March 2014
- Dr.V.Nagarajan, Associate Professor has delivered a key note address on ‘Water Footprint Assessment in Construction Industry’ in the National Conference on Emerging Trends in Civil Engineering (ETCE-2014) conducted by MNM Jain Engineering College, chennai on 01.03.2014.
- A Guest lecture on “Repair and Rehabilitation of Structures” by Mr. Sundarkumar, Scientist, Structural Enginnering Research Centre was conducted on 20.03.2014 at 2 p.m in the EEE seminar hall.
- The Indian Concrete Institute student chapter was inaugurated on 25th March, 2014 at SSN College of Engineering in the Mini Auditorium. The session began with the prayer song followed by the speech by Shri. R. Radhakrishnan, Secretary General of ICI, Chennai explaining the role of the student chapter in promoting research activities in the field of Concrete technology. The inaugural address was given by Prof. Ravindra Gettu, Chairman-ICI, T.N. chapter, briefing the importance of chapter activities and introduced the Executive committee members of ICI Student chapter. As a token of remembrance, memento was presented to them by Dr.S.Ramana Gopal, HOD and Dr.B.Mahalingam, Faculty Coordinator. The function was concluded with vote of thanks by General Secretary of ICI student chapter. On the same day, a one day workshop on “Recent advances in concrete Technology” was conducted with invited talks by the eminent persons from IIT Madras and SRM University, chennai. A total of 230 participants were attended the workshop which includes 95 students from other Engineering colleges in and around Chennai.
Monthly activities for February 2014
- Dr. B. Mahalingam, Associate Professor has delivered a research talk on the topic ‘Investigation on the Characteristics of Fly ash based Self Compacting Concrete’ on 01.02.2014.
- Dr. B. Mahalingam has participated in an advanced course on ‘Sustainable Engineered Concrete’ organized by CSIR-SERC (Structural Engineering Research Centre), Chennai during 5-7, Feb.2014.
- Dr. R. Vijayalakshmi, Associate Professor has attended a one day Workshop on ‘Achieving Durable Concrete Construction through Performance Testing’ at IITM, Chennai on 3rd Feb.2014.
- Dr. S. V. Sivapriya, Associate Professor along with eight students of third year Civil Engineering have attended two days Workshop on ‘Geosynthesis: Materials, testing, application and Markets’ at VIT, Chennai during 21 & 22, Feb.2014.
- The third year Civil Engineering students have gone for an Industrial visit to GJ Multiclave (India) Pvt. Ltd., Chennai on 28.02.2014 and they were explained about the Bio-Medical waste Management process being carried out at their Treatment & Disposal facility centre.
- Mrs. P. Sangeetha, Assistant Professor has presented a technical paper on ‘Experimental and Finite Element Analysis on the Collapse of a Mero Space Truss Structure’ in the National Conference on Emerging Trends in Civil Engineering conducted by MNM Jain Engineering College, Chennai between 28.02.2014 and 01.03.2014.
Monthly activities for January 2014
- The inauguration of IGBC student’s chapter was held on 30.01.2014 at the college Mini Auditorium between 10.00 and 12.00 hrs. Ar.C.N.Raghavendran (Chairman, IGBC Chennai Chapter) has briefed the activities of Indian Green Building Council followed by three presentations given by the industry experts in the topic related to Green Buildings. All the UG students of Civil Engineering and PG students of Energy Engineering have attended the session and a certificate was presented to the college.
- Two students of III year Civil Engineering A.V.Krishnan and C.Kaviarasu have attended a National seminar on Innovations in Green Building Technology (Green Build 2014) and presented a technical paper ‘Water use efficiency in Textile processing Industries’ conducted by Institutions of Engineers (Maharashtra state centre) at Nagpur during 17-18, January 2014.
- Five students of III year Civil Engineering were participated in a training program on Structures organized by Civil Simplified between 18.01.2014 and 23.01.2013 at Bangalore.
- Two students of III year Civil Engineering Nivedha E., and Nivedhitha V. have presented a paper on ‘Application of GIS in Contaminant Transport Modelling: A case study of Upper Palar Basin of Palar river’ in the National Conference on Challenges of Water resources and Environmental Management NCCWE2014 conducted at Eswari Engineering College, Chennai during 27-28, January 2014.