Ms. S. Karthika M.E., Ph.D
Ms. S. Karthika M.E., Ph.D
Email firstname.lastname@example.orgExtn: 376
S. Karthika is an Associate Professor in the department of Information Technology at SSN. She has around 6 years of teaching experience in SSN and College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University and exclusively over 2 years of research experience in the domain of Social Networking. She aspires to enhance the homeland security by analyzing various clandestine social organizations through her persistent exploration in covert networks.
She has completed her Ph.D. in Anna University, Chennai under the Faculty of Information and Communication Engineering during July 2014. She has her Master of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering from Anna University and Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering from Avinashilingam University.
Her research interest is showcased on Key Player Identification and Link Prediction of covert networks. She has also associated her works with Data Mining and Graph Theory. Currently, she is interested in exploring the various Machine Learning techniques in her study and analysis. To her credit she has published 8 papers in International Journals and Conferences.
She adapts an activity based teaching in the subjects like Database, Operating System and Data Mining.
PUBLICATION OF PAPERS IN REFEREED INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS
1. Karthika, S, Bose, S & Kannan, A 2014, ‘SpyNetMiner: An Outlier Analysis to Tag Elites in Clandestine Social Networks’, International Journal of Data Warehousing and Mining (IJDWM), vol.10,no.1, pp. 32- 54. DOI: 10.4018/ijdwm.2014010103 (Annexure 1, IF:1.35)
2. Karthika, S & Bose, S 2014, “Paralyzing Covert Network: Removing Pivot Actors and Predicting Second Leaders To Curb Future Disaster”, Disaster Advances, vol.7, no.8, pp. 58-69.(Annexure 1, IF:2.2)
3. Karthika, S, Kiruthiga, A & Bose, S 2012, Dominant Features Identification for Covert Nodes In 9/11 Attack Using Their Profile’, International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications, vol. 4, no.4.
4. Karthika, S & Bose, S 2011, ‘A comparative study of social networking approaches in identifying the covert nodes’, International Journal on Web Services Computing (IJWSC), vol. 2, pp. 65-78.
PUBLICATION OF PAPERS IN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES
1. Karthika, S, Geetha, R & Bose, S 2013, ‘Whom to remove? Breaking covert network’, In International Conference on Advanced Computing (ICoAC), IEEE.
2. Karthika, S, Kiruthiga, A, & Bose, S 2012, ‘Identifying key players in a covert network using behavioral profile’, In Recent Trends In Information Technology (ICRTIT), International Conference on IEEE, pp. 22-27.
3. Karthika, S, Kiruthiga, A & Bose, S 2012, ‘Behavioral Profile Generation for 9/11 Terrorist Network Using Efficient Selection Strategies’, In Advances in Computer Science, Engineering & Applications, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 333-344.
4. Karthika, S & Bose, S 2011, ‘Analyzing various social networking approaches for covert networks’, In Trends in Network and Communications, pp. 558-566. Springer Berlin Heidelberg.