Mr. S. S. Nagamuthu Krishnan
S S Nagamuthu Krishnan
Email: email@example.com Ext: 492
Mr. S S Nagamuthu Krishnan , Assistant professor in the department of Master of Computer Applications has fourteen years of teaching experience and Eight months of industrial experience.
He received his MCA degree in the year 1998 and MPhil degree in the year 2007 from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. He is currently pursuing Ph. D in Bharathiar University, Coimbatore and has submitted his thesis during September 2012, in Network Security.
He has started his career as lecturer with Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore in the year 1998. Later he served as Executive-Training in SRA Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Coimbatore for a period of eight months. He was also associated as lecturer in Computer Applications with VLB Janakiammal College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore during 2001-03 and as a lecturer in Computer Science with Dr. GRD College of Science, Coimbatore during 2003-04. Subsequently he joined as a lecturer in Dept of MCA, Thiagarajar School of Management Madurai during Dec., 2004. There he got promoted as Assistant professor, and also served as Coordinator(Head of the Department)-Department of MCA for a period of five years adding to a total service period of Eight and half years in the institution.
He joined the Dept. of MCA, SSN College of Engineering during June 2013. He has published seven research papers in national and international journals and conferences.
Conferences, Workshops attended & Papers Presented
- Attended a three day workshop on Database modeling at Chennai conducted by Database expert Shamkant Navathe.
- Attended a two day workshop on “Knowledge Sharing in Teaching Learning Process” at VLB Janakiammal College of Arts & Science, Coimbatore, conducted by Academic Staff College, Bharathiar University.
- Conducted a two day National Level Seminar “INFOCUS” on recent trends in IT at VLB Janakiammal College of Arts & Science, Coimbatore
- Attended a two day Workshop in IBM TIVOLI Storage Manger at Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai, conducted by IBM.
- Attended a three day Workshop on “Fundamentals of Middleware Techniques conducted by Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai.
- Attended a three day international conference & Workshop “ICONS” on Network Security conducted by Erode Sengunthar Engineering College, Erode.
- Attended a two day workshop on “Software Quality Management” at National Engineering College, Kovilpatti conducted by NASSCOM.
- Presented a paper on “Analysis of DDoS Attacks and Defense Mechanisms” in “NACIPAN” a two day national conference conducted by National Engineering College, Kovilpatti.
- Presented a paper on “A Novel Approach to Mitigate DDoS Attacks” in MEPCOIT, a national conference organized by Mepco Engineering College, Sivakasi.
- Presented a Paper on “Analysis of DDoS Defense mechanisms” in EITIA, a national conference organized by Sathyabama university, chennai.
- Attended a two days workshop on “Pedagogy in Management teaching” at Thiagarajar School of Management, Madurai during April ‘08.
- Attended a Seven days workshop on Dot Net Technologies conducted by ICACT, Tamilnadu during April 2012.
Research Papers Published in journals
- Published a paper titled “DDoS defense mechanism applying stamps” in International journal of Computer Science and Network Security, August 2009.
- Published a paper titled “An Efficient dynamic router approach to defeat DDoS attacks, Journal of computer science Nov-Dec 2009.
- Published a paper titled “Defending denial of service: State overload attacks”, International Journal of Advanced Networking and Applications, Nov-Dec, 2010.
- Published a paper titled ”A Novel approach for mitigating Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks drawn on Bit-Torrent protocol in Computer Networks”, in Indian Journal of Science and Technology, July 2012.
- Organized a Faculty Development programme on Computer Security Principles and practices in association with CSI, Chennai chapter during Aug, 2008.
- Organized a Faculty development programme on Recent Research Trends in Data Mining during March 2009.