Dr.S. SOPHIA M.Sc, Ph.D.
Dr.S.Sophia working as an Assistant Professor, in the Department of Mathematics has done her doctorate in the field of Stochastic Processes.
She received the Bachelors degree in Mathematics from Auxillium College, Vellore and M.Sc. (Mathematics) from St. Joseph’s College, Trichy. She worked as a part time lecturer in ICL College, Mumbai for two years. Later she pursued her Ph.D. from Anna University, Chennai.
Her area of specialization is Stochastic processes and its applications, in particular Queueing theory. Her current interests relate to catastrophe models in queueing systems. Her main research activity is in Tandem Fluid Queue models with input controlled by Exponential Timer. She has 5 papers published in various international journals and conferences. For a short period she worked in Stella Maris College, Chennai. She joined SSNCE in July 2010 as an Assistant Professor.
1. Transient Analysis for State-dependent Queues with Catastrophes, B. Krihna kumar, A. Vijayakumar and S. Sophia. Stochastic Analysis and Applications (2008) Vol. 26, pp. 1201-1217.
2. Transient Analysis of a Markovian Queue with Chain Sequence Rates and Total Catastrophes, B. Krishna kumar, A. Vijayakumar and S. Sophia. International Journal of Operational Research, Vol.5, pp. 375-391.
3. Transient Solution for discouraged arrival and infinite server queueing systems with catastrophes, B. Krishna kumar, A. Vijayakumar and S. Sophia. Presented at the joint statistical meeting and International conference on Statistics, Probability and Related areas held in the Department of statistics, CUSAT, Cochin during January 2-5, 2007.
4. Fluid Queue with Input Controlled by Exponential Timer, A. Vijayakumar and S. Sophia. Presented at the seventh world congress on Probability and Statistics held in National University of Singapore during July 14-19, 2008.
5. Stationary solution to a Tandem fluid queue with input controlled by exponential timer, A. Vijayakumar and S. Sophia. Presented at the Eleventh Annual Conference of the Society of Statistics, Computer and Applications held in the department of statistics, University of Madras, Chennai during February 24-26, 2009.