Dr. R.Maruthi B.Sc, MCA, M.Phil, Ph.D
Dr. R. Maruthi, Associate Professor in the Department of MCA, 14 years of teaching and research experience, including 4 years of research experience in the field of Image Processing.
She received her B.Sc (Physics) degree first class with distinction from Bharathidasan University, M.C.A. first class from Shanmugha College of Engineering, Thanjavur, M.Phil, first class from Alagappa University, Karaikudi and completed her Ph.D degree from Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal. She is a member of ISTE.
She started her career as a Lecturer at Prince College, Chennai in the year 2000. Following that she worked as a Senior Lecturer at Velammal Engineering College, Chennai in the year 2003. She joined SSN College of Engineering, Chennai in the year 2010 as an Assistant Professor.
In the course of her career she has organized various workshops and FDPs funded by DSIR, NCW,MWCD and AICTE.
Her research credentials include 12 publications in National and International Journals and in proceedings of National and International conferences.
- R Maruthi and C Jayakumari. Article: SMS based Bus Tracking System using Open Source Technologies. International Journal of Computer Applications 86(9):44-46, January 2014
- K.Subhash Babu, R.Maruthi, Lifecycle for Game development to ensure enhanced Productivity, International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol.1, Issue 8, October 2013 ISSN(Print)- 2320-9801
- L.Ramaparvathi and R Maruthi. Grid Enabled Environment for Image Processing Applications: A Review, International Journal of Computer Applications, 65(19):18-24, March 2013. Published by Foundation of Computer Science, New York, USA.ISSN 0975 – 8887. Impact factor:0.8
- K. Subhash Babu, R. Maruthi, Creative Services and Tools For Guiding Multimedia Application Development, International Journal Of Graphics And Multimedia, Volume 3, Issue 1, January – December (2012), pp. 15-26 ISSN 0976 – 6448 (Print) ISSN 0976 -6456 (Online) Imapct factor 1.1680
- C.Jayakumari and R.Maruthi, Longitudinal time-series of color retinal Fundus Image for Diabetic Retinopathy, International Journal of Computer Applications, 33(10):43-46, November 2011. Published by Foundation of Computer Science, New York, USA Impact factor:0.8
- R.Maruthi, Spatial domain method for fusing multi-focus images using measure of fuzziness, International Journal of Computer Applications, 20(7):48-51, April 2011. Published by Foundation of Computer Science. DOI:10.5120/2442-3297 Impact factor:0.8
- R.Maruthi, S.P.Faustina Joan, R.Nithya, R.Sridev, Estimating the Quality of the Blurred Images using Standard Error as a Quality Metric, Journal on Future Engg and technology, ISSN:0973-2632, Nov-2010- Jan 2011.
- R.Maruthi, A Method to fuse multi-focus images in spatial domain and its evaluation, IUP Journal on Computer Sciences, Vol-4 No.1, Jan 2011.
- R.Maruthi, K.Sankarasubramanian, Assessing the blurred image quality using some uni-variate and bi-variate measures, IJCECA-SERC-DST, ISSN 0974- 4983,Jan 2010- Mar 2010, PP [32-38],Volume 02, Issue No 03
- R.Maruthi, K.Sankarasubramanian, Multi-focus image fusion technique in spatial domain using image variance as a focus measure, Journal on Future Engg and technology, ISSN:0973-2632, Vol.5 No.3, Feb-Apr 2010.
- R.Maruthi, K.Sankarasubramanian, Image quality evaluation for multi-focus fused images, International Journal of computing and applications, ISSN: 0973-5704, Pp.Nos. 73-80 Vol 3 No.1, June 2008.\
- R.Maruthi, K.Sankarasubramanian, Multi Focus Image Fusion Based On Information Level in the Region Of Images, Journal of Applied and Theoretical Information Technology, ISSN 1992-8645, Oct ‘07-Dec’07, Vol.3 Pg No.80-85.
- R.Maruthi, R.M.Suresh, Image fusion Technology-A pixel based approach Developer IQ, South Asian Magazine, Vol.7 No.9 Sep 2007 Pg.No42-46
- R.Maruthi, K.Sankarasubramanian, Pixel level multi-focus image fusion based on fuzzy approach. Asian Journal of Information technology, Vol 7(4), Pg.No 168-171,ISSN,1682-3915.
- R.Maruthi, K.Sankarasubramanian, A new image quality metric based on Spatial Frequency for estimating the quality of fused images, ICFAI Journal on Information Technology, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 56-65, Dec 2008
- R.Maruthi, K.Sankarasubramanian, Assessment of Image quality for remotely sensed fused images , Journal on Future Engg and technology, ISSN 0973 -2632, Feb –Apr 2008,Vol.3 no.3
- R.Maruthi, Intensity based multimodal medical image fusion., Journal on Engineering and technology, ISSN:0973-263, Vo.2 No.2 Non-Jan 2007 Pg.No.28-31
- M.Shanthi and R.Maruthi, An experimental study of Hyper-threading technology for various platforms, Journal on Engineering and technology, ISSN:0973-2632, Feb-Apr’06, Vol. No.3
National and International Conferences
- R. Maruthi and C. Jayakumari, Fusion Scheme for fusing images with diverse focuses using index of fuzziness as a focus measure, International Conference on Communication Technology and System Design 2011, © 2011 Published by Elsevier Ltd. Dec 7th to 9th 2011
- C. Jayakumari and R. Maruthi , Detection of Hard Exudates in Color Fundus Images of the Human Retina, International Conference on Communication Technology and System Design 2011, © 2011 Published by Elsevier Ltd. Dec 7th to 9th 2011
- R.Maruthi, Srinivasaperumal, Blurred image quality assessment using a statistical measure, Proceedings of NCRTIT, VEC,Chennai, GK publisher, March 5th,2011
- R.Maruthi, Fusion of multimodal medical images, Proceedings of National Conference on Advanced Computing organized by SVCE , Chennai , May 2006
- M.Shanthi and R.Maruthi, Hyperthreading- Performance Evaluation,Proceeding of National Conference conducted by PSG Tech Coimbatore