The department of Mathematics has 17 faculty members with doctorate degree working on various domains like
- Fluid Mechanics
- Graph Theory
- Algebraic Coding Theory.
- Image Processing
- Fuzzy Stochastic Process, Fuzzy Graph Theory
- Queuing Theory, Functional Analysis
- Stochastic Process
- Neural Networks, Sampling Theory & Wavelet Analysis
- Algebra and Topology.
It has been duly recognized as a Research Centre by Anna University, Chennai, for conducting Ph.D. Programmes.4 students have been awarded Ph.D degree. 26 research scholars are pursuing their Ph.D under the guidance of our staff members.
The department has organized the following conferences:
- International Conference on Theoretical Computer Science & Discrete Mathematics (ICTCSDM -2014) during 08-10 Dec., 2014, sponsored by DST, NBHM, CTS & SSNCE.
- Third National Conference on Reliability and Safety Engineering (NCRS – 2016) during 01-03 Dec., 2016, sponsored by BRNS, AERB, BHAVINI, KAV. Engg and marketing Pvt. Ltd.
The department is planning to organize the following conferences:
- Our department and Academy of Discrete Mathematics and Applications (ADMA) are jointly organizing ADMA Pre – Conference School on “Graph Algorithms” during June 05 – 07, 2017 and 13th Annual ADMA Conference & Graph Theory Day–XIII during June 08 – 10, 2017 in our campus.
- National Conference on Fluid Mechanics 27&28 Oct, 2017
The department has organized 17 workshops/ FDPs till date.