Geeta Santhosh B.Sc.(Mathematics), MCA
Ms. Geeta Santhosh, Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Application has 22.9 years of experience in academia and industry. She received her MCA degree with first class from Devi Ahilya University Indore M.P.
Geeta commenced her career as a Lecturer in Bhopal University Teaching Department in the year 1990. This was followed by a tenure as a Scientist at Inter University Consortium (A department of Atomic Energy Concern) in the year 1992. She joined NIIT Surat as a faculty in the year 1995. She subsequently worked as Senior Lecturer at Prestige Institute of Management Indore for a year. She joined Asan Memorial College, Chennai in the year 1998 and was promoted as the Head of Department. She joined SSN College of Engineering in the year 2003 and is currently working as Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Applications.
She has published papers in refereed international and national journals and in the proceedings of International and national conferences.
Geeta has been associated with many industrial collaborations undertaken by SSN SoMCA. This includes the off campus training of Entry Level Training recruits (ELT) of Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS) Ltd and HCL technologies Ltd. She was also involved in the VSAT mode of training for the CTS recruits and in the development of training material i.e the Learning Assets Development Project for CTS. She is also involved in the e-learning initiatives of the college. She underwent a 16 week training programme at IIIT Bangalore in area of Leveraging Technology for Class Rooms & Beyond. She developed curriculum for Globe University USA – a consultancy assignment taken up by SSN. Geeta was the resource person for the workshop on Software Engineering Essentials conducted by SSN and IEEE. She was also the resource person in the Mathematics Congress hosted by loyala college Chennai. She has won best teacher awards at SSN and has coordinated many workshops for the MCA department.
She has also handled consultancy assignments for the Chennai Business School for curriculum design and implementation for Unified Modeling Knowledge Course.
She is also the Member of Board of Studies and Governing Council at the GR Govindrajulu School of Advanced Computer Technology Coimbatore (a Sister concern of PSG Tech) as a Bharathiar University Nominee.
Her research interests are in the area of software engineering and object modelling.
- Subash babu K and Geeta Santhosh,“Hyperspectral Image Compression Algorithms – A Review” at the proceedings of IEEE International conference on Artificial Intelligence and Evolutionary Algorithms in Engineering Systems (ICAEES 2014) at Noorul Islam University, Kumaracoil
- Geeta Santhosh and Subash babu K ,“Web Based Trainer Tool- An Enabler for Web based Learning” at a National Conference organized by BS Abdhur Rahman University Chennai
- Geeta Santhosh, Subash babu K and Vijaya Mani, “Conceptualizing Student’s Perception On Academic And Personality Dimensions Using Gap Analysis” published at International Journal of Physical and Social Science, (ISSN: 2249-1058)
- Geeta Santhosh, Ashok Pimpale and C Chaudhary, “Ray Tracing Studies of Toroidal Grating Monochromator Beamline for synchrotron storage Ring” published at Indian J. Phys. 69B(3),231-242(1995)
- Geeta Santhosh and Ashok Pimpale “Handling Big numbers on PC”, published at Physics Education April- June 1995
- “Case study in HR – Subramanian’s Dilemma” published at Prestige Journal of Management & Research
- Book review – Operating Systems A Concept based approach By DM Dhamdhere, Year 2002 Tata Mcgraw Hill