Dr. K. Murugesan
Dr. K. Murugesan B.E(EEE)., M.B.A.,M.E., P.hD
Dr. K.Murugesan, Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has 12 years of teaching and 1.5 years of industry experience.
He received his B.E (EEE) degree from Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Hosur, University of Madras and M.E. Power Electronics and Drives from SSN College of engineering, Anna University, Chennai. He is pursuing his P.hD in Flexible AC Transmission Systems area
His areas of interest are public speaking, management, organizing, leadership, MATLAB, and Entrepreneurship etc. He is a certified Entrepreneurship educator trained through Stanford Technology Venture Program (STVP)
He has published over 10 research publications in the proceedings of national and international conferences. He has currently one project, worth Rs. 3.5 Lakhs, funded by SSN Trust.
1. Title: Design of DSTATCOM for reactive power compensation of wind turbine systems
Funding Agency: SSN Trust
Principle Investigator: Dr. Ranganath Muthu.
Co-Investigator: Mr. K.Murugesan
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
1. Murugesan, K &Ranganath, M 2011, ‘Modeling and simulation of DSTATCOM using space vector pulse width modulation for load variation’, International Review on Modelling and Simulations (IREMOS), vol. 4, no. 6, December, 2011,Part-A, pp. 2926-2937.
2. Murugesan, K,Vijayenthiran, S, Mervin, JB &Ranganath, M 2012, ‘SVMbased hysteresis current controller for DSTATCOM using instantaneous reactive power theory’, International Review on Modelling and Simulations (IREMOS), vol. 5, no. 4, August 2012, Part-B, pp. 1710-1716.
3. Murugesan, K, Sai Praveen, D, Tathagata, M &Ranganath, M 2012, ‘Performance study of DSTATCOM with PI controlled SVPWM and hysteresis current controller for power factor improvement’, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, vol. 7, no. 9, September 2012, pp. 1102-1110.
4. Vishnuvardhan, S, Sudharshan, SS,Murugesan, K&Ranganath, M 2013, ‘Design of D-STATCOM for power factor correction in a medium transmission line using vector based hysteresis current controller’, International Review on Modelling and Simulations (IREMOS), vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 498-503, April 2013.
5. Murugesan K, Muthu R, Vijayenthiran S, Mervin JB 2015, “Prototype hardware realization of the DSTATCOM for reactive power compensation”, Electrical Power and Energy Systems vol.65 pp.169–178.
1. Murugesan, K &Ranganath M 2011, ‘Modeling and simulation of D STATCOM for voltage regulations’, Proceedings of IEEE- International Conference on Electrical Energy Systems (ICEES-2011), 3rd -5th, January 2011, pp 1- 6, 2011, SSN College of Engineering, Tamilnadu, India.
2. Murugesan, K &Ranganath, M 2010, ‘Measurement of instantaneous active power and reactive power in a three phase power system and voltage source converter’ Proceedings of International Conference on System Dynamics and Control (ICSDC-2010), 19th – 22nd,August 2010, Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal, Karnadaka, India.
3. Murugesan, K&Ranganath, M 2009, ‘Design of D-STATCOM using VSC for reactive power compensations’, ICEEPEEE-2009, April 2009, SRM University, Chennai, India.
1. Murugesan, K, Ashwin Kumar Sahoo & Ranganath, M 2008,‘Design of fuzzy based 48-pulse VSC STATCOM’ Proceedings of the National Conference on Computational Intelligence in Power Apparatus and Systems (CIPS-2008)’ April18-19,2008, pp. 238-243.
2. Murugesan, K &Ranganath, M 2009, ‘Performance study of D STATCOM under fault conditions’ Proceedings of the National Conference on Power Electronics and Renewable Energy Systems-2009 (PEARS-09).