Mr S.Sakthivel Murugan B.E., M.Tech, MISTE (Ph.D)
S.Sakthivel Murugan is an Assistant professor of Electronics and Communication Engineering at SSN College of Engineering, and was previously lecturer of Electronics and Communication Engineering at Vel Tech (Now Vels University) , Avadi Chennai. His research includes work on underwater acoustic signal processing, under water noise modeling and design of Adaptive filter for wind driven ambient noise in Shallow water.
He received the BE and M.Tech degrees in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Madras and Pondicherry University respectively and currently pursuing his PhD at Anna University Chennai.
S.Sakthivel Murugan is a member of IEEE and life member of ISTE. His research work is primarily based on the project currently under investigation at National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT), Chennai. In this connection he has an opportunity to interact with professor G.V.Anand from Indian Institute of Science, Dr.V.Rajendran, former Project director and Head, Ocean Acoustics, NIOT, Dr.G.A.Ramadoss Project Director, ROBUS, NIOT and Dr.G.Latha. He is the Co – Investigator of the funded project.
Design and Hardware development of an adaptive filter to improve the Signal to Noise Ratio of wind driven Ambient noise in Shallow water.
Funding Agency: National Institute of Ocean Technology, Chennai.
Investigators: Dr.S.Radha (PI) and Mr.S.Sakthivel Murugan (Co – PI)
Period: 2010- 2012 (2 Years)
Amount: Rs.20.64 lakhs
He has authored four books and published over 15 research publications in referred Journals and in proceedings of International and National Conferences. His publications are listed below.
He has authored four books in the field of Communication
1. Principles of Analog and Digital Communication
2. Principles of Communication
3. Analog and Digital Communication ( II Edition)
4. Communication Engineering Research Publications:
International Journals : 2
International Conferences: 6
National Conferences: : 4
1. SakthivelMurugan, S. and Natarajan, V., “Analysis on Extraction and Identification of an acoustic signal in underwater channel using Empirical Mode Decomposition”, Springer’s China Ocean Engineering, Vol. 28, No. 5, pp.645 -657, 2014. DOI: 10.1007/s 13344-014-0051-2.
2. SakthivelMurugan, S., Natarajan, V. and Prethivika, S., “Hardware implementation of Kalman Least Mean Square based adaptive algorithm for denoising ambient noises in shallow water region”, Fluctuation and Noise Letters, Vol. 13, No. 3, 2014. DOI: 10.1142/S0219477514500187.
3. SakthivelMurugan, S. and Natarajan, V., “Implementation of Threshold Detection Technique for extraction of composite signals against ambient noises in underwater communication using Empirical Mode Decomposition”, Fluctuation and Noise Letters, Vol. 11, No. 4, 2012.DOI: 10.1142/S0219477512500319.
4. SakthivelMurugan, S., Natarajan, V. and Radha, S., “Analysis of MNLMS and KLMS algorithms for underwater acoustic communications”, Fluctuation and Noise Letters, Vol. 11, No. 4, 2012.DOI: 10.1142/S021947751250023X.
5. SakthivelMurugan, S. and Natarajan, V., “SNR and MSE analysis of KLMS Algorithm for underwater acoustic communications”, Journal of Marine Engineering and Technology, Vol. 11, No.3, pp.3-8, 2012, /doi/10.1080/20464177.2012.11020267.
6. SakthivelMurugan, S., Natarajan, V. and Rajesh Kumar, “Estimation of Noise Model and denoising of wind driven ambient noise in shallow water using the LMS algorithm”, Journal of Acoustics Australia, Vol. 40, No.2, pp. 111-121, 2012.
7. SakthivelMurugan, S., Natarajan, V. and Radha, S., “Algorithms for Underwater Acoustic Communications – Adaptive Algorithm Testing to determine best adaptive filtering approaches for denoising signals affected by Wind Noise”, Journal of Sea Technology, Vol. 53, No.7, pp.42-45, 2012.
8. SakthivelMurugan, S., Natarajan, V., Prethivika, S., “Analysis on Extraction of modulated signal using adaptive algorithms against ambient noises in underwater Communication”, International journal of signal Processing systems, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp.25-29, 2014, doi: 10.12720/ijsps.3.1.25-29.
9. S.SakthivelMurugan , Dr.V.Natarajan, Lenin Joseph “Interpretation of underwater Noise Spectra at different Rainfall and wind speed conditions based on Time series hydrophone Voltage signal Processing” in International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology, Vol.1, No.2,pp.184-194, 2010. (E-ISSN 0976 – 3945).
10. S.SakthivelMurugan ,Dr.V.Natarajan, JagadeeshAdapa “Estimation and analysis of Ocean Wave Parameters Based on Buoy Motion” in International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology, Vol.1, No.3, pp.194-200,2010. (E-ISSN 0976 – 3945).
11. S.SakthivelMurugan, Dr.V.Natarajan, R.Rajesh Kumar, “Noise Model Analysis and Estimation of Effect due to Wind Driven Ambient Noise in Shallow Water” in International Journal of Oceanography, Vol.2011, Article Id: 950838, , pp.1-4, 2011, DOI:10.1155/2011/950838.