Ms. S. Poornima
Ms. S. Poornima B.E., M.E., (Ph.D.)
Email : email@example.com
Extn : 400
Poornima .S, Assistant Professor in the department of Information Technology with 6.5 years of experience in teaching and more than 3 years of research in image processing & biometrics.
Poornima .S has obtained her B.E degree in CSE from Madras University and M.E degree in CSE from Anna University-Chennai. She is pursuing her PhD in the area of Biometrics. She was with MNM Jain Engineering College – Chennai, Sri Krishna College of Engineering & Technology – Coimbatore, SRM University – Kattankulathur. Her research interests include image processing, Biometrics, Networking.
She has published around 6 papers in national conferences & 1 paper published in 98th Indian Science Congress and 2 papers in international conferences and published in Elsevier volume & Springer volume.
International Journal Publications
1. Poornima.S, Rajavelu, S. Subramanian, Comparison and a Neural Network approach for iris localization, Elsevier Procedia Computer Science, ISSN: 1877-0509, 2010, 2, 127-132, DOI:10.1016/j.procs.2010.11.016.
2. Poornima.S, S. Subramanian, Iris Authentication by Encoded Variant Length Iris Templates, Springer-Global Trends in Information Systems and Software Applications, Communications in Computer and Information Science, July 2012, 270, 396-405, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-29216-3_43.
3. Poornima.S, S. Subramanian, A Novel and Rapid Approach to Secure Iris Templates in Iris Authentication System, International Journals of Advanced Information Science and Technology (IJAIST), ISSN: 2319:2682, Oct 2012, Vol.6, No.6, 54-58.
4. Poornima.S, Performance Study of Fusion in Multimodal Biometric Verification using Ear and Iris Features, Proceedings published in International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA) (0975 – 8887), Feb 2013, ICRTCT(4), 13-16.
5. M. Fathima Nadheen, Poornima.S, Feature Level Fusion in Multimodal Biometric Authentication System, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887), May 2013, Volume 69– No.18, 36-40.
6. M. Fathima Nadheen, Poornima.S, Fusion in Multimodal Biometric using Iris and Ear, Proceedings of 2013 IEEE Conference on Information and Communication Technologies (ICT 2013) published in IEEE Digital Library, July 2013, 83-87, DOI: 10.1109/CICT.2013.6558067, cited by 2.
7. S. Poornima and S. Subramanian, Unconstrained Iris authentication through Fusion of RGB Channel Information, Int. J. Patt. Recogn. Artif. Intell., Vol.28, No.5, 1456010 (2014) [18 pages], DOI: 10.1142/S0218001414560102.
International Conference Publications
1. Poornima.S, Sasi Rekha Sankar, Booma, A Double Layered Security for Fingerprint Biometric System, 98th Indian Science Congress, 3-7 January 2011, SRM University.
2. Poornima.S, S. Subramanian, Comparison and a neural network approach for iris localization, Int. conf. & exhibition on Biometric Technology ICBET’10, 3-4 Sep 2010, PSG Tech Coimbatore.
3. Poornima.S, S. Subramanian, Iris Authentication by Encoding of Variant Length Iris Templates, International Conference on Recent trends in Computing, Communication & Information Technologies (ObCom2011), 9-11 Dec, 2011, VIT Vellore.
4. Poornima.S, Performance Study of Fusion in Multimodal Biometric Verification using Ear and Iris Features, International conference on Research Trends in Computer Technologies ICRTCT – 2013, , 30-31 Jan, 2013, Dr.NGP Arts & Science College, Coimbatore.
5. Poornima.S, Thaya.I.M, Comparison Analysis Of Feature Level Fusion In Multimodal Biometrics System, International conference on Modeling, Optimization and Computing- ICMOC 2014, , 10-11 April, 2014, Nooral Islam university.
6. Poornima.S, S. Subramanian, An Efficient Feature Level Fusion for a Multimodal Biometric System using Correlation Filter (Best Paper Award), ICMOC 2014, 10-11 April, 2014, Nooral Islam university.