Dr. A. K. Lakshminarayanan,
Dr. A. K. Lakshminarayanan, M.E., Ph.D
Dr. A. K. Lakshminarayanan did B.E Mechanical & Production (Distinction) from Annamalai University, M.E Manufaturing Engineering (Distinction) from Annamalai University and PhD in Manufacturing Engineering from Annamalai University, in the area of welding (friction stir welding, laser and electron beam welding) of ferritic stainless steels. He has around 4 years of teaching and 5 years of academic research experience.
Research Project Completed
Received a research grant of Rs. 21.3 Lakhs from Department of science and Technology (DST), Government of India under Young Scientist Scheme for the project titled “Friction stir welding of stainless steels” during his Ph.D program.
Research Project Ongoing
Effect of welding technique on mechanical and metallurgical properties of AZ91 magnesium alloy, Worth of Rs. 3.00 Lakhs Sponsored by SSN Trust
- Recipient of IWS2k8 Best paper presentation award for the paper titled “Application of RSM and ANN to predict tensile strength of friction stir welded RDE-40 Aluminium alloy” in International Welding Symposium organized by Indian Welding Society held at Delhi, 2008.
- Recipient of UGC-Non SAP grant (Scholarship) for meritorious students during July 2008 to January 2010.
- Recipient of Ramasamy Padayachi Endowment price Annamalai University for the academic performance (Holding Ist Rank) of M.E (Manufacturing Engineering).
- He is a receipient of Sri Vishwanatha Iyer Price for the Best Ph.D thesis in Manufacturing Engineering, Annamalai University for the year 2011-2012.
He is a reviewer of Materials Science and Engineering A (Elsevier), Journal of Optics and Laser Technology (Elsevier), International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology (Springer), Materials and Manufacturing Processes (Taylor and Francis), Experimental Techniques (Blackwell publishers), Alexandria Journal of Engineering, Elsevier, Journal of Defence Technology, Elsevier, Progress in Natural Science, Materials International, Journal of material engineering and performance, Springer, Surface coatings and technology, Elsevier.
Membership in Professional Bodies
Life Member of Indian Welding Society (IWS – LM198) and Execute Member of IWS, Annamalai Nagar Chapter during 2009-2011.
Areas of Research
Material Joining, Friction stir welding and its allied processes, Material characterization, Advanced Materials Processing and surface Engineering
In Referred International Journal – 37
In Referred National Journal – 8
In National/International Conferences – 2 1
- Organized a One Day National Workshop on “Friction Surfacing and Stir Welding of Ferrous Alloys” on 22nd February 2013 in SSN College of Engineering.
- Organized a One Day National Workshop on “Multiresponse optimization in Manufacturing (MOM ’13)” on 22nd October 2013 in SSN College of Engineering.
- Organized a One Day National Workshop on “Testing and Analysis of Welds (TAW ’13)” on 20th February 2014 in SSN College of Engineering.
Engineering Graphics, Manufacturing Technology – I, Manufacturing Technology – II, Theory of Metal Forming; Advances in casting and welding processes; Materials Testing and characterisation.
Click here for Publications Details