Dr. N. Gnanasekaran
Dr. N. Gnanasekaran M.E, Ph.D
Dr. N. Gnanasekaran graduated in Mechanical Engineering from Bharathidasan University, Trichy, obtained his Masters from Government College of Technology, Coimbatore and PhD from IIT Madras. During his PhD, he developed his own code for the forward (ordinary/partial differential equation) and inverse (Markov chain Monte Carlo) models for a class of heat transfer problems for accomplishing his research objectives. He has published 3 international journal papers and 4 international conferences and two more journal are under review. He has worked as Senior Project Officer at IC&SR, IIT Madras, Chennai from Dec, 2011 to May, 2012. He taught at SASTRA University, Tanjore between 2006 to 2008.
He has assisted his research guide Prof. C. Balaji, IITM for NPTEL video lectures and books on
- Design and Optimization of Energy Systems
- Conduction and Radiation
- The joy of teaching
His research interests are
- Estimation of tumor in human body using Bayesian inference technique.
- Simultaneous estimation of thermo-physical properties such as thermal conductivity, surface heat transfer coefficient, emissivity, thermal diffusivity etc using heat transfer experiments.
- Stochastic optimization techniques like Bayesian inference, Genetic algorithm, Artificial Neural Network.
- Computational heat transfer