Dr. M. Suresh
Dr. M. Suresh, M.E, Ph.D
Dr. M.Suresh did his B.E (Mechanical) from Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai, M.E (Thermal Sciences) in Refrigeration and Airconditioning from CEG, Anna University and Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Madras, in the area of Vapour absorption refrigeration.
Dr. M. Suresh
- has around 8.5 years of Teaching , 5 years of Research and 10 years of Industrial experience
- has 17 International journal papers and 9 International conference papers to his credit
- Teaches Fluid mechanics and machinery, Heat and mass transfer, Thermal Engineering, Gas dynamics and propulsion, Thermodynamics, Thermodynamic analysis of energy systems, Measurement and control for energy systems, Renewable sources of energy, Nuclear engineering
Areas of research interest: Refrigeration, Heat transfer.
Papers published in International Journals
1. M.Suresh and A.Mani, Heat and mass transfer studies on R134a bubble absorber in R134a/DMF solution based on phenomenological theory, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 53, 2010, pp. 2813-2825. doi:10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2010.02.016 Cited by 10
2. M.Suresh and A.Mani, Evaluation of heat and mass transfer coefficients for R134a/DMF bubble absorber, Journal of Applied Sciences, 11, 2011, pp. 1921-1928. doi: 10.3923/jas.2011.1921.1928 Cited by 1
3. M.Suresh and A.Mani, Experimental studies on bubble characteristics for R134a–DMF bubble absorber, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 39, 2012, pp. 79-89. doi:10.1016/j.expthermflusci.2012.01.011 Cited by 2
4. M.Suresh and A.Mani, Experimental studies on heat and mass transfer characteristics for R134a–DMF bubble absorber, International Journal of Refrigeration, 35, 2012, pp. 1104-1114. doi:10.1016/j.ijrefrig.2012.01.011 Cited by 2
5. M.Suresh and A.Mani, Performance evaluation of R134a/DMF based vapour absorption refrigeration system, Heat Transfer Engineering, 34, 2013, pp. 976-984. doi: 10.1080/01457632.2012.753577 Cited by 1
6. M.Suresh and A.Mani, Heat and mass transfer studies on a compact bubble absorber in R134a-DMF based vapour absorption refrigeration system, International Journal of Refrigeration, 36, 2013, pp. 1004-1014. doi:10.1016/j.ijrefrig.2012.10.033 Cited by 3
7. R.Bharath Viswanath, Mukilan S.Michael and M.Suresh, Thermodynamic analysis of a heat pipe-thermal jet refrigeration system, Asian Journal of Scientific Research, 6, 2013, pp. 272-280. doi: 10.3923/ajsr.2013.272.280
8. L. Bruno Augustin, Jigar Golecha, K. G. Sai Shreenaath, Vishnu Swami and M. Suresh, Numerical studies on the performance of a bubble pump, Applied Mechanics and Materials, 330, 2013, pp. 203-208. doi: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.330.203
9. L. Bruno Augustin, Jigar Golecha, K. G. Sai Shreenaath, Vishnu Swami and M. Suresh, Numerical studies on bubble pump with alternate working fluids, International Journal on Theoretical and Applied Research in Mechanical Engineering, 2, 2013, pp. 97-103. ISSN : 2319 – 3182
10. S. Ravitej Raju, M. Balasubramani, B. Nitin Krishnan, K. Kesavan, M. Suresh, Numerical studies on the performance of methanol based air to air heat pipe heat exchanger, International Journal of ChemTech Research, 5, 2013, pp. 925-934. ISSN : 0974-4290
11. L. Bruno Augustin, Jigar Golecha, K. G. Sai Shreenaath, Vishnu Swami, M. Suresh, Numerical studies on R22 refrigerant compressor using environment friendly working fluids, Applied Mechanics and Materials, 493, 2014, pp. 21-26. doi: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.493.21
Papers presented in International Conferences
1. M.Suresh and A.Mani, Heat and mass transfer studies on plate heat exchangers in R134a/DMF based vapour absorption refrigeration system, International Conference on Refrigeration and Airconditioning, Purdue University, USA, 2010, Paper no. 2128, pp. 1-6.
2. M.Suresh and A.Mani, Performance evaluation of R134a/DMF based vapour absorption refrigeration system, International Symposium on Innovative Materials for Processes in Energy Systems 2010 – For Fuel Cells, Heat Pumps and Sorption Systems, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 2010, pp. 343-349.
3. Mukund Bhaskar, Gowtham Kannan and M. Suresh, Performance Analysis of Ejector Refrigeration System with Alternate Refrigerants, 11th International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies, Vancouver, Canada, 2012, pp. 591-601.
4. M.Suresh, M.Raseem F, S.Sundar S, S.Sugash R, and T.Veeraraghavan, Numerical Simulation and Experimental Investigation of Activated Carbon-R134a Adsorption Refrigeration System, 11th International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies, Vancouver, Canada, 2012, Poster Presentation.
5. Subash.S, Keshika.V, Gokul Ram.P, Praveen.S and M.Suresh, Performance analysis of a vortex tube cooler, 22nd National and 11th International ISHMT-ASME Heat and Mass Transfer Conference 2013, organized by IIT Kharagpur, India, 2013, Poster Presentation.
6. R.Bharath Viswanath, Mukilan S.Michael, S.Audithya Krishna, A.Lakshmanan and M.Suresh, Investigation of methanol based air-air thermosyphon heat exchangers, ASME 2013 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition to be held at San Diego, California, USA, 2013.
7. Dhayananth.S, Kumaran.S, Madanlal.D.R and Suresh.M, Performance evaluation of an absorption air-conditioning system operated by engine exhaust, Proceedings of the International Conference on Energy, Environment, Materials and Safety (ICEEMS’14), December 10-12, 2014, CUSAT, Kochi, India.